Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pissed off

20K views 275 replies 40 participants last post by  on2it 
#1 ·
So last night I ran a 2001 S4 with full bolt onts and supposedly stock turbo's (I am pretty sure it had ko4's) For those of you who dont know the 2001's come v6 twin turbo AWD. I have a 2011 X GSR FULL bult ons making aroun 350....did a second gear pull at 40mph. We were dead even until halfway thru third when he started pulling on me....by 140mph he had 10+ cars on me. How the **** is that even possible....are the ko4's making that much power? Any chance this kid was on ko3 turbo's? Extremely pissed off....currently waiting for my ball bearing red.....i might send block out now because of this race and go 2.2l fp black....to a car with only 7k on it.......and after the race he said maybe by 180 he might have had 100 cars on me....so they think they got jokes.....i got 2 other X's with nice power running him this weekend....so agitated...did not see that coming...I shouldn't have lost by THAT much.

#37 ·
the audi owner probably forgot to mention the 2 bottles of nitrous he has in his trunk lol

Them audis are fast off the mark anyway...

maybe you left the handbrake on?

#41 ·
you can call me sam....but yea I dont know my audi's that well but again kid said this when i asked him

stock motor, trans, cams,

Full bolt on (IC, intakes, downpipes, injectors, CHIP etc NEVER SEEN A DYNO)
stock "AUDI" turbos
full interior with 2 other people in car

I looked inside car, trunk no bottles....

#42 ·
you can call me sam....but yea I dont know my audi's that well but again kid said this when i asked him

stock motor, trans, cams,

Full bolt on (IC, intakes, downpipes, injectors, CHIP etc NEVER SEEN A DYNO)
stock "AUDI" turbos
full interior with 2 other people in car

I looked inside car, trunk no bottles....
So now im curious, what track?

#43 ·
you "loose" an arrow and you "lose" a race. who cares if his car is faster - seriously. its just not that big a deal that you have to lose (not loose) sleep over it and spend a ton of money to do what some a&d ointment can do for less.

#44 ·
V6 twin turbo? must have a lot of tourqe then?

I know what you mean though as ive experienced this myself with a few Audis, I ve seen some just bolt off!! no turbo lag, no bogging down... and they leave you thinking... eh???:wtfsign: just happened? lol

#45 ·
I really want to hit up these tracks that let me do a 2nd gear pull from a roll. Sounds really fun.

#51 ·
The goal of this thread is not to cry about the loss I lost the race...cool awesome great. I am trying to understand the car I lost to...which is making similiar numbers to me....I was hoping to learn about the difference of the 2 cars not get a lecture about my driving or get questioned on the whereabouts....jesus.

#56 ·
It's the tone that comes across in your posts that's caused this reaction by your forum mates. You sound like a 15 year old, seriously. But if I had to guess why your car was slower I'd have to say it probably has something to do with the shape of the powerband on his car.

Just remember:
You losing doesn't mean your car is slow, it just means his is really fast.

#57 ·
The forum moderators takes "road race" stories extremely seriously. Even if it's on the street and you want to hide that fact for the purpose of a discussion about something unrelated to the location, make sure the facts fit the story. :p

They're two very different cars, and like I said, even on k03s, full bolt ons on both sides, you might've lost out up top due to the way the Audi behaves above 100mph.

#59 ·
"Ttsumibishi" Thank you a response I was looking for.....yes I guess its that torque and twin turbo spool up.....but regarding power na its under 400....look up a few vids on youtube....there is about 3 2001 s4's with kO4 turbo swaps put down about 340 to 350 with full bolt ons....its that torque man HAS TO BE....he came ALIVE top end....

#66 ·
I was most certainly shocked at the outcome....its all about that powerband and torque in drag....guess you learn something with every race. And no I am not crying...I dont know how my "tone" comes across I usually never post shit....just couldn't wrap my head around this race....I slept very well last night Imao.....I made the change of plans on car because of reasons with the race and some not....I will be building motor so might as well get black....I would love to see that race. Again its was a safe, fun friendly run no more....I didn't curse him out and leave Imao...hes a cool kid...just didnt understand the car and the powerband I guess. Just goes to show you whp means dick.

#69 ·
Either way you're going to get bias answers lol. Go to an SRT4 thread with a Cobalt SS.. bam, Go to a BMW Thread with an Audi... go to a PS3 Thread with an Xbox360 etc..

Put simply.. he had a faster car or he was a better driver.

/thread

#71 ·
lol i been watching this thread go south since it was first posted....

regard less of where you were 40 mph pull could have been your issue.
maybe try a actual run from stage?
possible that that car has a better top end?

#77 ·
Lol, I know what you mean! I don't interact, I just use them for research.

#79 ·
As an ex owner of a B5 S4, my S4 stock K03's w/ intake dwnpipes exhaust ran 13.1, 75shot N20 12.7 w/ a 2.** 60ft... Ive seen K04 S4's run faster...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.