Built 2.3 Stroker or 647whp stock 2.0 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X General General discussion on the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Old 04-19-2010, 01:05 PM   #1
Gump
Just Spooling Up

Built 2.3 Stroker or 647whp stock 2.0

Presently, I am running a stock 2.0 engine with supporting mods and am making 647 at the wheels, but do to the nature of my horse power curve the car is a dog off the line. Sitting on an engine stand in the garage I have a fully built 4b11T 2.3L stroker. Stroker has been honed to larger diameter, block has been reinforced, head ported and polished, cosworth MX-1 cams, valve springs, etc...litteraly fully built.

Here is my quandry ladies/gentlemen. One of my sponsors wants to break the 1/4 mile record with the stock block. My other 4 primary sponsors do not care which engine is used as long as the car is faster than greased lighting.

If you had the choice would you spend another 3-4 months attempting to break a record on the stock engine. Or would you switch to a fully built stroked engine likely to lay down 900whp.
If you ever have the misforune of coming across Robert Mendoza and David Soler immidiately notify local authorites and have them arrested for running multiple chop shops and theft of property. If you are unlucky enough to have a vehicle or property in their posession at this time you better go get it in a hurry. Oh and by the way send their physical location data to me so that I can enact a proper level of vengence for their theft in over $50k in my personal property and vehicles.
Gump is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2010, 01:07 PM   #2
mlomker
Resting in Peace

How much more power do you think you can get out of the current setup? I'm not sure what the current record is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
mlomker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2010, 01:09 PM   #3
joey
Dr. Evo?

i would just stick with the stock till it gives. You already have the built motor so why not. When the 2.0 fails or just isnt enough then I would switch. Thats JMO

Old 04-19-2010, 01:58 PM   #4
Gump
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlomker View Post
How much more power do you think you can get out of the current setup? I'm not sure what the current record is.
I fully admit that I know less than jack $*@# about tuning, but if I had to take a swag I'm sure JESTR could probably squeeze another 25-40 (safely) out the engine. To be honest its really not the hp thats keeping me from getting down the track at this point in time. Rather its the slow spool and lack of torque at the bottom end.

Current EVO X record sits at 10.77, not sure if it was on a stock or built block. The car that did it was under 500whp. Great driver behind the wheel and off the line like a girls dress on prom night.
If you ever have the misforune of coming across Robert Mendoza and David Soler immidiately notify local authorites and have them arrested for running multiple chop shops and theft of property. If you are unlucky enough to have a vehicle or property in their posession at this time you better go get it in a hurry. Oh and by the way send their physical location data to me so that I can enact a proper level of vengence for their theft in over $50k in my personal property and vehicles.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:01 PM   #5
Gump
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyhauser View Post
i would just stick with the stock till it gives. You already have the built motor so why not. When the 2.0 fails or just isnt enough then I would switch. Thats JMO

lol not really sure I actually want to blow up the 2.0, though I am seriously considering spraying it off the line to build boost. Part of what is promting this question is the rapid progress of the built engines from EMS and AMS. The AMS car did 10.8 app 8 days ago. If the driver gets his launch down he will roll a 10.2 his next time out. With race season about to be in full swing, I'm not sure playing the "reactive" game is the best move.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:03 PM   #6
Blac
[Local Team Member]

Damn!!!

(VD)
360WHP/370WTQ (DynoJet)

Blac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2010, 02:52 PM   #7
chef_tony_t
Forum Lackey

break the 1/4 mile record and then swap the engine

chef_tony_t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2010, 02:54 PM   #8
churbo
X-phile

Yeah dude you have to break the stock block record for us guys that aren't as baller as you haha. We need to push the limits of this to see what we can get out of the stock block.
churbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2010, 02:56 PM   #9
Kooldino
Dino
[Approved Merchant]
[Local Team Member]

I'd go with the stroker, but that's just me.

Driving a near 700whp 2.0L around town wouldn't be any fun.
Kooldino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2010, 02:56 PM   #10
chef_tony_t
Forum Lackey

also you can send your sponsors my way

chef_tony_t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement