My evo finally back on the road .... - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X General General discussion on the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Old 04-20-2010, 02:05 AM   #1
KARo7
Forum Lackey

Thumbs up My evo finally back on the road ....

After a long time without my evo(3months) due to engine failure, I finally got it back last weekend. I flew up to Sioux Falls, South Dakota where SSP performance's workshop is located. Kris picked my up from the airport and we went to their workshop. They are currently expanding their facility but even their current facility was very well kept. My car was the only car there apart from one of Kris's GT-R's. Dealing with Jeremy and Kris over the last 3 months was a pleasure and I'm happy my car's back on the roads. As of now my car is stock except for the new exedy stage 2 and pro-lite flywheel, I'm going to try and keep it stock for as long as possible but doubt that'll last very long.

once again...
Thanks a lot SSP performance, Jeremy and Kris....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2010, 02:09 AM   #2
AceEVO
Just Spooling Up

Ahh good to see your back up and running!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AceEVO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2010, 04:32 PM   #3
[email protected]
[Local Team Member]

How many miles was it from our shop to your place in Texas? Glad you made it back alright.

Jeremy@SSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 04:34 PM   #4
Anubis
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
How many miles was it from our shop to your place in Texas? Glad you made it back alright.

lol I don't know but it has to be one hell of a drive.

Godo to hear the car is on the road OP.

AMS UICP
AMS FMIC
Cobb AP Stage 2
Cobb SF Intake
Perrin Inlet Tube
Specialty X CBE and HFC
Synchronic BOV

308 HP and 320 TQ
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2010, 04:46 PM   #5
[email protected]
[Local Team Member]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post

Good to hear the car is on the road OP.
Tell me about it.....The entire motor and trans was pulled, new clutch....and the OP's motor I found him only had 60 miles on it . I'm going to be driving my evo back home from Florida later this week/early next week, so it's good to know he made the long trip back.

Jeremy@SSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2010, 04:49 PM   #6
KARo7
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
It was 1100 miles... made good time thanks to Kris giving me head's-up on where the cops were, he drove down the same road a few hours before me...
Old 04-20-2010, 04:52 PM   #7
KARo7
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post

Godo to hear the car is on the road OP.
It was a pretty crazy drive... 1100 miles and dint engage cruise control, trying to vary engine speeds the whole time.... killed my knee, but other than than was pretty good.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:53 PM   #8
churbo
X-phile

Awesome dude. Gald to hear. I'll be in Sioux Falls in May.....I want to check out the shop.
churbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement