Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Sygav 10.2 android 7.1 head unit and aftermarket subs/amps

15K views 38 replies 15 participants last post by  pavochavo 
#1 ·
Hi there. I have an evo x that did not come with the rockford system. I am getting the head unit at a good price but it's the one that's for evo x's with the Rockford system. Can I still use it and hook up an aftermarket sub and amp?

Thanks.

#3 ·
Whats up guys I'm pretty new to evos. I have a 2015 mr with the rockford sound , but iv noticed that these head units get suggested a lot vs like a Kenwood or pioneer. Why is that and is it possible to add more amps and subs to the system? Are tweeters and mids interchangeable with speakers form say crutchfield or the likes?

Thanks for the help

#10 ·
I got 8.1 with octa core and 4Gb of ram for $380 from eBay Sygnav store. You can huggle on eBay and can't on amazon... :) Didnt' install yet but it came with everything.

#12 ·
I will post a review once I have it installed. I think the key is to get a good hardware. a lot of these are low on memory. The one I was after I watched a video of the exact unit being operated by a person and saw no scrolling lags, etc.

#14 ·
#15 ·
turned out the Android 8.0 is not that great. i have the exact same apps on it as my 6.0 and the 7 had , and the 8.0 keep crashing it to the point where the screen froze s completely. i have to always do a soft reset...
So i am nor sure why the newer version of Android crashes. the unit is fast much faster then the older ones , at least seems that way to me.
i am hoping some updates coming out soon for this.

the main apps i have:

TQ
Waze
Pandora
World Map Pro
Google apps , like Google Map , Email and store
Tunein Radio Pro
Youtube
Amazon Video
Power Amplifier
beautiful Widgets
Weather Pro

i think thats it.

#17 ·
the two earlier models didnt crashed with those. i didnt use any new apps or more vs the older models .

This one boots faster, and runs faster. But crashed down, where ask you for the factory reset or try to restart again ( this two options and you need the pin to push the reset button) , that black screen, if anyone saw it before.

:wtfsign:

#18 ·
Not sure if they improved streaming over Bluetooth. The music quality is really poor. Also downloading updates through WiFi is extremely slow as well. It needs 5gh WiFi option. Also when adding extra memory, you can’t tell the unit to use it as it’s main storage. Other than that it’s great. I mostly use waze, Spotify, and a BART scheduler.

#22 ·
It is capable of better quality, but out of the box it will suck. I had to install Viper4Android to actually get it to be nice. They don't bother with software there.

#24 ·
It's a software that installed on root level and changes the sound coming out of the unit. It has all sorts o advanced optimizations installed. Basically does the sound quality improvement that is usually achieved with a quality amplifier on a software level. Brilliant thing, Google Viper4Android.

#27 ·
^ That's because you have to root the device to install low level drivers like V4A. Google Play doesn't like that.

#33 ·
Anyone having issues connecting the apple CarPlay dongle to the unit?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.