Need some advice on what turbo to get - Page 6 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Turbo
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Turbo Discussion for turbo systems that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2019, 10:10 PM   #51
turismolover22
X-phile
 
turismolover22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
iTrader: (0)
Location: NE Indiana
Posts: 757
You can always get an SXE housing as well, which does not have the internal BPV provisions and looks more like a "standard" housing. The benefit to that is that the housing is smaller, IIRC, as well as comes with anti surge ports on smaller offerings like the 7163
turismolover22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-14-2019, 10:27 PM   #52
Dj Eclipse
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by turismolover22 View Post
You can always get an SXE housing as well, which does not have the internal BPV provisions and looks more like a "standard" housing. The benefit to that is that the housing is smaller, IIRC, as well as comes with anti surge ports on smaller offerings like the 7163

You can get the 8374 with the SXE housing?
Dj Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2019, 10:45 PM   #53
turismolover22
X-phile
 
turismolover22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
iTrader: (0)
Location: NE Indiana
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Eclipse View Post
You can get the 8374 with the SXE housing?
Of course you can, just hit the drop down on "compressor housing"

I'm pretty sure BW offers the SX-E housings on almost all their EFR lineup.

Full-Race EFR8374
Full-Race SX-E Style Housing Cover for EFR 8374

Last edited by turismolover22; 02-14-2019 at 11:17 PM.
turismolover22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2019, 01:43 AM   #54
Dj Eclipse
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by turismolover22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Eclipse View Post
You can get the 8374 with the SXE housing?
Of course you can, just hit the drop down on "compressor housing"

I'm pretty sure BW offers the SX-E housings on almost all their EFR lineup.

Full-Race EFR8374
Full-Race SX-E Style Housing Cover for EFR 8374
What is the difference between the SE-X compressor housing and the regular 8374 housing?
Dj Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2019, 12:15 AM   #55
turismolover22
X-phile
 
turismolover22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
iTrader: (0)
Location: NE Indiana
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Eclipse View Post
What is the difference between the SE-X compressor housing and the regular 8374 housing?
SX-E compressor covers look like the traditional turbo covers. They do not have the provisions to hold a boost control solenoid, nor do they have the built in recirculating valve.

They make the turbo a little narrower last I knew, as the inlet isn't nearly as tall to house the re-circulation valve.
turismolover22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2019, 08:13 AM   #56
Dj Eclipse
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by turismolover22 View Post
SX-E compressor covers look like the traditional turbo covers. They do not have the provisions to hold a boost control solenoid, nor do they have the built in recirculating valve.

They make the turbo a little narrower last I knew, as the inlet isn't nearly as tall to house the re-circulation valve.
Thanks for the reply. I never knew this housing was an option. I am going to try and use the integrated BOV as they say it is supposed to help keep spool up during shifts.
Dj Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2019, 12:41 PM   #57
MannyEvoX
Just Spooling Up
 
MannyEvoX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
iTrader: (0)
Location: NY, hudson valley
Posts: 129
To all following, I finally got my car back. It was supposed to be broken in on the dyno and I was waiting for a couple weeks for it to get a break-in tune but the place that sleeved my motor told them it needs a soft break in of 1,000 miles. I was a little disappointed being told I was going home with a 450whp car that I would be allowed to do some pulls with and then the next day I can't go into boost for 1k miles. Regardless I just want my car to be perfect so I'm happy with whatever the best way is. So my rev limiter is set at 4600 rpm. It's hard to start with the cams and until it warms up I have to rev it or it dies. That will be taken care of when it gets it's real tune. Also he told me to get rid of the Cobb AP and he's going via opensource and he said something about speed density. If anyone is interested in my bill I can post it. I will probably start a new thread when I get it tuned and review the turbo kit, supplier and power numbers.
__________________
2014 Evo X GSR PB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

EFR 8374 + Build in progres. . .
ETS Intake
AGP Dual Exhaust
MAP UICP
QTP Test Pipe (w/cut out)
Depo 4' IC
Grimmspeed EBCS
HKS BOV
Comp stage 3 clutch
MannyEvoX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2019, 03:28 PM   #58
mikelbring
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyEvoX View Post
To all following, I finally got my car back. It was supposed to be broken in on the dyno and I was waiting for a couple weeks for it to get a break-in tune but the place that sleeved my motor told them it needs a soft break in of 1,000 miles. I was a little disappointed being told I was going home with a 450whp car that I would be allowed to do some pulls with and then the next day I can't go into boost for 1k miles. Regardless I just want my car to be perfect so I'm happy with whatever the best way is. So my rev limiter is set at 4600 rpm. It's hard to start with the cams and until it warms up I have to rev it or it dies. That will be taken care of when it gets it's real tune. Also he told me to get rid of the Cobb AP and he's going via opensource and he said something about speed density. If anyone is interested in my bill I can post it. I will probably start a new thread when I get it tuned and review the turbo kit, supplier and power numbers.
Most blocks these days don't need much of a break in because they are plateau honed. We did a few heat cycles on my block and some vacuum pulls then started tuning it. But I guess probably best to listen to the builder.
mikelbring is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2019, 03:38 PM   #59
MannyEvoX
Just Spooling Up
 
MannyEvoX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
iTrader: (0)
Location: NY, hudson valley
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelbring View Post
Most blocks these days don't need much of a break in because they are plateau honed. We did a few heat cycles on my block and some vacuum pulls then started tuning it. But I guess probably best to listen to the builder.
Yeah my tuner said he was just gonna break it in on the dyno and let me drive around for a while and then turn it up but if something goes wrong with the sleeves he's gonna bring it back to them under warranty so we have to do what they say. But I have problem, I have a CEL on so I can't get it inspected or renew the registration so it's sketchy to have to drive 1k before he tunes it out!
__________________
2014 Evo X GSR PB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

EFR 8374 + Build in progres. . .
ETS Intake
AGP Dual Exhaust
MAP UICP
QTP Test Pipe (w/cut out)
Depo 4' IC
Grimmspeed EBCS
HKS BOV
Comp stage 3 clutch
MannyEvoX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2019, 07:52 PM   #60
Metal_AF
Just Spooling Up
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyEvoX View Post
It's hard to start with the cams and until it warms up I have to rev it or it dies. That will be taken care of when it gets it's real tune.
If giving it more throttle @ the start keeps it from dying, then it sounds more like too much fuel initially. Should be able to get that right once the real tune is in there. Wouldn't think its from the cams. I had the same thing until tune was worked out.
Metal_AF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what the 2x4 is made of.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kept missing 3rd..need some advice. DYKAST Drag Racing 25 03-10-2010 11:31 PM
Need some advice. genes81 Evo X General 11 01-07-2010 05:25 AM
Axle problem.... need some advice. proracer718 Evo X Transmission & S-AWC System 11 08-03-2009 12:21 AM
Drag Racing: Need some advice!! GO ON 3 Drag Racing 39 06-01-2009 02:51 AM
I REALLY really need some help/advice Riz5 Off topic 6 10-15-2008 04:05 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:46 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.