Need some advice on what turbo to get - Page 7 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Turbo
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Turbo Discussion for turbo systems that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.

Old 03-12-2019, 06:56 PM   #61
MannyEvoX
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal_AF View Post
If giving it more throttle @ the start keeps it from dying, then it sounds more like too much fuel initially. Should be able to get that right once the real tune is in there. Wouldn't think its from the cams. I had the same thing until tune was worked out.
I have to floor it when cranking it over to get it turned on, especially on cold start ups. It's like a dirt bike/quad that you have to give it some gas when starting it. I think it's the MAF actually

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

EFR 8374 + Build in progres. . .
ETS Intake
AGP Dual Exhaust
MAP UICP
QTP Test Pipe (w/cut out)
Depo 4' IC
Grimmspeed EBCS
HKS BOV
Comp stage 3 clutch
MannyEvoX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2019, 04:50 PM   #62
mkwy

Awesome
mkwy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2019, 11:26 AM   #63
van6119
n00b

great its awesome
van6119 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2019, 07:03 PM   #64
Dj Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyEvoX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal_AF View Post
If giving it more throttle @ the start keeps it from dying, then it sounds more like too much fuel initially. Should be able to get that right once the real tune is in there. Wouldn't think its from the cams. I had the same thing until tune was worked out.
Any updates?

I have to floor it when cranking it over to get it turned on, especially on cold start ups. It's like a dirt bike/quad that you have to give it some gas when starting it. I think it's the MAF actually
Dj Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2019, 12:10 PM   #65
MannyEvoX
Just Spooling Up

I just hit 1k miles over the weekend so break in is done. Hopefully I can get a tune soon!

One thing I did want to mention about Driven Fab

So I ordered the driven fab flexfuel kit, I ordered it on Tuesday, got 2-day shipping and I kept looking for tracking information saying it shipped because I thought my tuner was gonna squeeze me in over the weekend since he's leaving for vaca for a week. Thursday I still didn't see anything about it being shipped so now I'm getting worried. I called Driven Fab multiple times and left a message the last time I called them and told them my situation and all. I never got a call back but later that night I got tracking info and it was over night delivered by 12pm shipped and I received it Friday morning. I am very happy with and and really felt cared about as a customer. Not all companies will do that, it'll just be too bad for the customer. Thank you Driven Fab!

Here's some pics of the car, Ft my beautiful little helper
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3108.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	279636   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3138.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	642.6 KB
ID:	279638   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3141.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	630.2 KB
ID:	279640   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3142.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	607.8 KB
ID:	279644   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3121.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	297.2 KB
ID:	279646  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ETS Intake
AGP Dual Exhaust
MAP UICP
Depo 4' IC
Grimmspeed EBCS
HKS BOV
Comp stage 3 clutch

Last edited by MannyEvoX; 04-01-2019 at 01:35 PM.
Old 04-01-2019, 05:18 PM   #66
Dj Eclipse

Glad to hear your up and running well. Do you have any tune on it at all to get it to run with everything you added?

Good to hear about Driven Fab. I ordered my 8374 kit from them as they were the only ones that offered internal wg with 3.5" downpipe. We are coming up on 6 weeks so hopefully it will be here soon.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:18 PM   #67
MannyEvoX
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Eclipse View Post
Glad to hear your up and running well. Do you have any tune on it at all to get it to run with everything you added?

Good to hear about Driven Fab. I ordered my 8374 kit from them as they were the only ones that offered internal wg with 3.5" downpipe. We are coming up on 6 weeks so hopefully it will be here soon.
No unfortunately nothing is installed and he won't be able to get to me before he leaves...probably within the next 3 weeks. Don't be surprised when it takes double the time to get your parts, then take forever to get your tuner to install and tune and stuff. Seems like in the car world being weeks, months late is just normal and to be expected...I'm in the wrong business lol.

I've been running on just a crappy break in tune, the MAF is not dialed in and it revs erratically when it's cold, it makes me look like a D-bag revving his car when at idle. It's revved to like 5500rpm one time Idk how when my rev limter is lower than that but I was so embarrassed.

We're going on 9 months since I dropped off the car, and it's still not 100% done and still have not been able to hit boost, only little tastes. Be prepared to wait 6 months for your build buddy :/

ETS Intake
AGP Dual Exhaust
MAP UICP
Depo 4' IC
Grimmspeed EBCS
HKS BOV
Comp stage 3 clutch
Old 04-01-2019, 07:36 PM   #68
Dj Eclipse

Are you sure it's safe to drive with your current tune? You can be lean even not in boost which wouldn't be good. Do you have a wideband?

Unfortunately it seems in the EVO world some shops and vendors make promises they can't keep regarding build times. I am not sure if it is an EVO specific thing or not.

I did have great communication and prompt service/ delivery from WTF tuned and just got my parts I ordered from them on the weekend ( injectors, fuel pump, clutch etc).

I do my own install so I only have myself to blame if it takes longer than expected. Tuning I will leave to the professionals though.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:26 PM   #69
mikelbring

My friends evo has been at DF for almost a year for a pretty simple motor build :/ Their products are good stuff but probably one of the worst ran companies for communication and organization I have ever seen.
mikelbring is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2019, 04:44 PM   #70
Evo310
n00b

I can’t wait to see the results, I just got 8374 kits from CBRD a couple weeks ago and it beautiful, just seat in my garage collecting dust right now lol, not even planning on install it anytime soon , I may sell it Lol I do love your build though, keep us updated
Evo310 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement