short ram intake filter/shield question - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Engine (4B11T)
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Engine (4B11T) Discussion for engine systems that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.

Old 06-16-2011, 04:04 PM   #1
STItoEVOX
Forum Lackey

short ram intake filter/shield question

Alright so I've lost all interest in my car and am selling it soon so I've forgotten all X knowledge... so check it...

I've got the agency power short ram intake installed on my car and the filter's pretty dirty, are these washable? is there a cleaning kit? or would it require replacement? if so, wehre the hell can i find just the damn cone filter?

also, I wanna throw the shield on, any idea where I can find one. I've been running this intake for a while now with no shield and NO problems but I'm selling the car to a friend and don't wanna give him something half-assed ya know what i mean? thanks evo gurus for any help.

ps, for the record i'm looking to spend under $100 for filter and shield.

...not sure if this is even in the correct forum... whateva.
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2011, 08:33 PM   #2
EVOXMAINE
X-phile

MAP has a nice intake shield and I am sure they would have a filter as well!
EVOXMAINE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2011, 08:35 PM   #3
lallen3
Forum Addict

MAP has both. I had a few fitment issues with my MAP shield, but I finally got it to work out with some tweaking. It's a clean looking intake.
lallen3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 08:53 PM   #4
stEVOrgiX
Forum Lackey

MAP all the way. And the good filters, the ones worth buying for a turbo car, are anywhere from 45-60 bucks depending on brand and size of the cone. The shields are fairly cheap though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Marriage is the leading cause of divorce
stEVOrgiX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #5
STItoEVOX
Forum Lackey

awesome, thanks guys. yeah i think i remember seeing the aem dry flow filter for like $46 or some crap. shiiiit i bought the damn hks drop-in for more than if i remember correctly. anyway, i'll look into it.
Advertisement