Traded in Evo for an BMW M3 - Page 7 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Community > Other Automobiles
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Other Automobiles Discussion for all non Evo X automobiles.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:51 PM   #61
dboz
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorlab View Post
I was aiming for a GTR in the future until I drove one. On the track I am sure that thing excels but on the street it feels like a big ass boat with grunt and a cool transmission. It's noisy, the interior is a ergonomic nightmare, has more blind spots then a exige and I wouldn't want to park it anywhere.

I think I'm either destined to keep owning Mitsus for the rest of my life or get a S5. I owned one Subaru, while fun, they are lego cars and after being at GST the divide between broken subarus and mitsus made me never want to own a subaru again.

The AWD FI market is really odd. A couple on the cheap side and a couple on the baller side, nothing in between.
the next VOLVO S60 R line is looking nice to me. 40k ish.

dboz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2011, 04:54 PM   #62
4-D
Forum Addict

I'd get a r34 Skyline, there are alot in FL, nice blue one and do a GTR conversion.

*Not really a lot but 3 for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

(2.2L 750xp MR w/ Accusump OS. by PRS Motorsports):

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored by DSGPerformance.com
R.I.P. Dan Weldon #77
4-D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #63
whitecomet
Forum Lackey

True I wish a car maker like honda would make a a awd fi car say a juiced up civics chassis. It's better and lighter than the lancer chassis. Hook it up with sh-awd use the rdx turbo motor up the spec with say 330hp 330tq. Make the internals stonger than the x so that way if you blow it up you know it was due to crap tuning running more boost than you should on pump or even e85. Upgrade the interior materials from the civics even though they are better than the evo not to vw standards but at least to that of the current accord this would be doable using materials they already utilize. The other thing they need to do is change the dash the civics has a crappy dual gauge set up. All in all I think if they make think if it was 36-38k in traditional honda fashion with good sport seats nice radio sunroof etc it would be a very nice street car not quite audi level but also a track monster that responds to mods. A 2.3 that is stout would be nuts just imagine the stock frame being bigger than ours so you have the ability to just buy some injectors and bolt ons and have a monster that would make more than a fp black say 600 or so vd hp on pump fuel and 650whp on e85.

In reality this is very doable heck if the evo motor had stronger rods and maybe better pistons along with better valve springs to handle say 9k. It will never happen but the market would be really shaken up if this was done.
whitecomet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 04:57 PM   #64
XArmy
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-D View Post
I'd get a r34 Skyline...
Yeah but it has all the same issues as an EvoX.

RR 2008 MR
ETS 3.5 FMIC, ETS UICP, ETS LICP |Cobb Access Port, turbo inlet | AEM intake w/K&N filter | Agency Power Turboback Exhaust | AMS O2 eliminator DP | P&P stock mani | Cobb XLE BPV
XArmy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2011, 04:59 PM   #65
X-Factor
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
I have friends with all of these cars. I've rode in all of them. Both the Z06 and the GTR are pretty street friendly, the Exige S is a road legal go-kart that isn't practical for anything other than track use.

The GTR has a nice cabin but it makes all sorts of noises from the transmission and the suspension is pretty stiff from the factory. I like having a manual transmission and this car just doesn't delivery in driver involvement. Acceleration in it is incredible. OMFG hold on from a standstill.

The Z06 is a very sexy car and turns heads. Everyone from old guys to kids will point and gawk. But the Z06's interior is such a big let down... Everytime I get in, I feel like I stepped back 20 years. It is also pretty fast on track. My friend logged a 2 second faster lap time in a stock Z06 at Thunderhill compared to my best Evo X lap. And he was taking it easy!

I rode in the Exige 240S on track and it was awesome. Seriously fun. But the build quality is like that of a kit car and I would not pay the high $$ that the car costs. It is also practical for nothing.
I have a Tahoe for practicality, street legal go kart to me is perfection; I don't need features, bells, whistles, etc. Vettes around here are a dime a dozen but I still want one; GTR? Rare as hell but I wonder if it's too "friendly" a car for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XArmy View Post
The Exige is def a, "I already have what I need, time to buy a toy" car. But for that purpose its perfect.
That's me.

-2010 OBP Evo X SE #297 - 382/387 SOLD
X-Factor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2011, 05:02 PM   #66
STItoEVOX
Forum Lackey

Hah! I'm in the same boat-ish. I'm currently shopping around used E92 M3s. My friend's buying my Evo in September. As for all the comparisons somebody already said it best, at some point your priorities shift. I want a little higher class car, no more rice scene, performance and comfort plus gadgets! M3 here I come!

Good luck with your new car bro, I'll be joining you soon.

Last edited by STItoEVOX; 08-17-2011 at 05:04 PM.
STItoEVOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2011, 05:03 PM   #67
4-D
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by XArmy View Post
Yeah but it has all the same issues as an EvoX.
Yeah it's just my dream car, rb26 FTW!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

(2.2L 750xp MR w/ Accusump OS. by PRS Motorsports):

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored by DSGPerformance.com
R.I.P. Dan Weldon #77
4-D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2011, 05:11 PM   #68
Evo Tengoku
Just Spooling Up

I agree with alot of you about "moving up". This will most likely be my last Mitsu.
Evo Tengoku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2011, 05:14 PM   #69
razorlab

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboz View Post
the next VOLVO S60 R line is looking nice to me. 40k ish.
The 2012 S60R? It's over 50k with any good options since base price is $43,3XX. Rather get the S4.

The volvo awd system is bleh and the interior quality honestly isn't much better then Mitsu.

Although if they bring the V70R Wagon back that might persuade me since I don't think Audi is offering the S4 in an Avant version anymore?

razorlab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2011, 05:43 PM   #70
Siyah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo Tengoku View Post
I agree with alot of you about "moving up". This will most likely be my last Mitsu.
If u want to move up, u have no other choice but to leave Mitsu.... The Evo X is the top car for Mitsu in US.

I had 2 M3's and one M Coupe before.... now I have two Evos (yes call me a little Mitsu biased ). An Evo X for DD and a Evo 8 (with some tasteful mods for track and weekends.

I owned other sports cars before from Mazda, Subaru, Ford & Audi.... but when it comes to pure driving fun and dynamics (as much as I like my Evos) nothing beats the Z3 M Coupe , the one I will always miss, all the other cars are not in the same league.
BMW somehow managed to build such an exciting car with spare parts, but they could not build an exciting M3 lately.

Siyah

PS: hands down the EVO 8 has the best steering feel and feedback of any car (the Elise comes close) I know of.
Siyah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement