Some Drunk Redkneck Jacka$$ Hit My Evo X - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Community > Off topic
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Off topic Forum for generic banter

Old 01-26-2010, 11:14 PM   #1
steven02
X-phile

Some Drunk Redkneck Jacka$$ Hit My Evo X

I was driving back out to the airport saturday night for an army conference and as im pulling up the on ramp on to the highway some retard in a chevy colorado starts riding my ass and flashing his lights like he's a cop.. unfortunately not even police drive trucks that shitty.. anyway I give him a tap of the brakes and then accelerate to get him off my ass. He then begins to tailgate me closer and comes beside me and starts swerving at me and what not. So, I accelerate again and this time just keep accelerating in front of him so he cant come up beside me and try to push me off the road or ride my ass or pass me to try and break check me. Finally pull really far ahead of him and watching him in my mirror it appears that he has either stopped on the highway or slowed down to maybe 20mph. Then the retard begins to accelerate again and comes back up on my X to continue the jack assidry. so again I pull in front and keep accelerating enough so that he cant do anything. Finally I think the idiot is going to leave me alone and he goes to exit, with his window down flicking me off of course. I continue on my way and all of a sudden hes beside me again swerving at my car.. the guy actually swerved across the exit back on to the highway, and no i didnt provoke this, my windows are tinted and I simply watched him exit. Okay so this time he's being even more of an ass and i decide to slow down and pull off on to the shoulder at which point he rear ends me. the genius that he is in his chevy colorado he attempts to "take off" from the scene. Fortunately my Evo was fast enough to keep up with the blistering performance of the chevy. At this point im on the phone with a 911 operator and preparing for whatever is going to happen when this moron stops. He pulls into a gas station and I follow but park away from him. This is Texas and most people have some sort of fire arm. Moments later the police arrive and after a long drawn out load of bull$hit from him decide i'm the one telling the truth. They also call in to the NTTA (North Texas Tollway Authority) and it appears a Frisco cop saw everything and verified my story. His of course was that while going 70mph on the highway I reversed into him (the initial indications he may be intoxicated). So we both give our stories to a State Trooper and while in her car she tells me she believes he's drunk and could smell alchohol on his breath and that I may need to fill out a whitness statement if thats the case. I then go get in my car, and pull off as they begin his field sobriety test. Now I'm just waiting on the police report so I can file with his insurance. Luckily one of my best friends owns a bodyshop, and at a minimum ill be getting a carbon fiber diffuser out of this and some door dings removed as well as fixing the car of course.

here are the pics, not to good of an angle but you can see the hole in the bumper and possibly that the trunk is pushed in about 3 inches. If you look closely you can also see where the gap is off between the trunk and quarter-panel.

pics added.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG3478.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	10649   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG3479.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	10650   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG3482.JPG
Views:	184
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	10651  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
you want rights, now? you want freedoms, right now? is it time? is it freedom o'clock?

08' WW GSR,CobbAccessPort and Tune,Walbro 255 pump,DC Sports single exit exhaust,Specialty X Testpipe ,DC Sports UICP and UR LICP,HKS BOV Piping kit,AMS FMIC, Spec Stage 3+,AGP CAI,AMS PROTOTYPE WIDEMOUTH DP, greddy BOV, HKS BOV piping kit
Forge Wastegate Actuator,Perrin Shorty 2" antenna,APEXi Boost gaugeCF RA Style lip, Jstyle Sides, Vstyle vents, and Rexspeed mirror covers,Eibach Prokit Springs

Last edited by steven02; 01-26-2010 at 11:37 PM.
steven02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2010, 11:24 PM   #2
BlueX702
Forum Lackey

Sounds like you handle the situation properly... sorry to hear about the damage. I think the evo x has an invisible target on the rear. I was clipped in a parking lot, but it is fixed!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BlueX702 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2010, 11:30 PM   #3
kidneythief13
[Global Moderator]

That really sucks & must have been quite infuriating & nerve-racking for you. I've actually had a similar situation happen to me, but thankfully nothing nearly as bad came out of it, like in your situation. All I can say is at least the police quickly showed up & caught the bastard.

Graphic Design portfolio ///

kidneythief13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2010, 12:03 AM   #4
steven02
X-phile

and thank you to mitsubishi for being so proud of there parts you can buy carbon fiber ones cheaper..

you want rights, now? you want freedoms, right now? is it time? is it freedom o'clock?

08' WW GSR,CobbAccessPort and Tune,Walbro 255 pump,DC Sports single exit exhaust,Specialty X Testpipe ,DC Sports UICP and UR LICP,HKS BOV Piping kit,AMS FMIC, Spec Stage 3+,AGP CAI,AMS PROTOTYPE WIDEMOUTH DP, greddy BOV, HKS BOV piping kit
Forge Wastegate Actuator,Perrin Shorty 2" antenna,APEXi Boost gaugeCF RA Style lip, Jstyle Sides, Vstyle vents, and Rexspeed mirror covers,Eibach Prokit Springs
Old 01-27-2010, 12:05 AM   #5
RancerEvorution
Forum Lackey

so you where targeted by this random drunken red neck out of no where? you didn't do one thing to provoke him? sounds like that dude is just plain psycho

FP RED Build Thread:

Complete Part Out (FP-Red, Rota, HKS, Perrin, SC, ARP)

RancerEvorution is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2010, 12:05 AM   #6
devillunatic
Just Spooling Up

probably thought that he got cut off or something... i can sometimes get angry at people that most likely didnt intentionally do anything
devillunatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2010, 12:08 AM   #7
steven02
X-phile

no i actually didnt cut him off.. i was a good 40-50 ft in front of him getting onto the highway and i cant accelerate hard or drive like an ass cause my clutch is almost gone.. part of the reason it took me so long to get away from the retard..

Old 01-27-2010, 12:09 AM   #8
MicMcKee
[Local Team Member]

Yeah glad you kept a level head,

That could have ended much worse...
MicMcKee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2010, 12:12 AM   #9
steven02
X-phile

funny thing is i just had a redeployment anger management class earlier that day and while all this was happening i was thinking about being able to go to class the next day and actually say for once i didnt get out and hit the guy with a tire iron.. and if i would've retaliated at all im sure i would have had to pay for this out of pocket or with my insurance.

Old 01-27-2010, 12:26 AM   #10
kidneythief13
[Global Moderator]

For how the trunk lifted up, you'd think the bumper would be a lot worse off than what it is. Did your tail lights crack at all?

Graphic Design portfolio ///

kidneythief13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement