Post your track videos here - Page 3 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Racing > Track
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Track Discussion for track driving techniques, events and results.

Old 03-28-2016, 06:04 AM   #21
No_Skillz
Just Spooling Up

Dusted off the cobwebs and shook down the car with the new brake setup last weekend at NJMP. (Well, just SS lines and RT700 fluid, really).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5Kx3q9V-PY

Gained about half a second to consistent mid 1:34s in clear traffic. I think there is about another second if I can just stop being a pussy going into some of the braking zones.

Thanks to NGS for responding to my endless questions on getting the stubborn air out of the system!!

Last edited by No_Skillz; 03-28-2016 at 06:09 AM.
No_Skillz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2016, 07:43 PM   #22
N.G.S.
[Approved Merchant]

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Skillz View Post
Dusted off the cobwebs and shook down the car with the new brake setup last weekend at NJMP. (Well, just SS lines and RT700 fluid, really).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5Kx3q9V-PY

Gained about half a second to consistent mid 1:34s in clear traffic. I think there is about another second if I can just stop being a pussy going into some of the braking zones.

Thanks to NGS for responding to my endless questions on getting the stubborn air out of the system!!
Glad to be of help - It looks like you got the air out!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Need TPMS sensors that work and won't set off codes?

Buy my TPMS sensors and i will program them to work in your car (guaranteed) for FREE!

MY TPMS VENDOR THREAD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PM me!
TPMS Solution for Evo's and Mitsubishi Honda Subaru

2012 PB GSR
N.G.S. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2016, 07:48 PM   #23
No_Skillz
Just Spooling Up

Ran at Lime Rock Park last week. Joined intermediate since it was my first time at the track. Very few traffic-free laps, but managed to catch a couple on video. There was still snow in the runoffs, so we had very restricted run time. I haven't been on a new track in a while and I definitely miss feeling out the line.

For you others interested in LRP, I can confirm that the ETS V2 Quiet will pass the 85/86 decibel limit that the track was running that day.

My kid is about to be born, so I'll probably be disappearing for a while.

Last edited by No_Skillz; 04-15-2016 at 02:29 PM.

Old 04-12-2016, 12:54 AM   #24
JJwins
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Skillz View Post
Ran at Lime Rock Park last week. Joined intermediate since it was my first time at the track. Very few traffic-free laps, but managed to catch a couple on video. There was still snow in the runoffs, so we had very restricted run time. I haven't been on a new track in a while and I definitely miss feeling out the line.

For you others interested in LRP, I can confirm that the ETS V2 Quiet will pass the 85/86 decibel limit that the track was running that day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2jNMCpyFBw

My kid is about to be born, so I'll probably be disappearing for a while.
I really like your line around turns one and two!! Def looks faster than the double apex line I was told was the fastest line. Now I gotta go back and try it!!

Congrats on the kid!! They are awesome!!

Btw how are your RE71's holding up? Mine are looking a little beat up after 3 track days and about 10 AutoXes.
Old 04-14-2016, 05:48 PM   #25
No_Skillz
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJwins View Post
I really like your line around turns one and two!! Def looks faster than the double apex line I was told was the fastest line. Now I gotta go back and try it!!

Congrats on the kid!! They are awesome!!

Btw how are your RE71's holding up? Mine are looking a little beat up after 3 track days and about 10 AutoXes.
Wait I WAS doing double apex lol. Only thing is I could totally carry speed deeper into 1 and have a nicer setup for 2. I could also be much later into 3. That's for next time I guess.

The RE71s are looking mighty worn! I'm at 5k street miles and 6 track days (with a solid 3 of them in the wet) and I estimate I'm at 40% tread left. One thing that helps a bit is I found is these are not truly directional - meaning you can rotate to any corner - BUT IN THE DRY ONLY!! I always made sure the tread patterns were going the right way in the wet.

To be honest I'll probably go back to MPSS after this... $1300+ per year for tires is kinda steep. Plus, baby needs a comfortable ride!
Old 04-14-2016, 06:06 PM   #26
Mortose
Just Spooling Up

High plains raceway outside Denver. I was on garbage all season tires. Be gental, only been to the track a hand full of times...

https://youtu.be/_aljTZJzPH8
CBRD RB-X kit - next on the chopping block

Just over here, killing turbos....
Mortose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2016, 07:11 PM   #27
razorlab

Had another great track day @ Thunderhill dueling with a very well setup, driven and powerful VW GTi that impressed me. Had a blast this session.

Bonus: tough guy in a GT3 that flies by us in the straight only to park it in the corners, then a race Porsche makes us all look slow.

Then I lost a cylinder in the next session

razorlab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2016, 01:58 PM   #28
Slvr2000
n00b

Been Driving for about 3 1/2 years now......But in a Mustang GT. 2013 Mustang GT, adjustable suspension, brake cooling, upgraded radiator and fan, Bolts(430RWHP) etc...
Car Ran Well. Due to the addition of our family we decided to let it go and get something more Child friendly......For a couple of track Junkies it was pretty easy....what has 4 doors and can tear up the track.....IT WAS A SHORT LIST lol.

Love the Evo.....and its a blast to drive....In this Vid it was the very first track day for us...Car had the Kozmic Motorsports stage 1.5 Power kit...290hp/280tq.

I changed the Brake fluid to Motul and Ran DTC 60 pads all the way around. Damn that car will stop. Mustang had the brembos as well but it was so nose heavy.

Future mods will Consist of the Surge tank...as I'm sick of filling up after every single session.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYjEw-kResM
Slvr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2016, 12:14 AM   #29
colorblind

2015 @ Grattan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlUtLujCl5k
Old 04-26-2016, 10:36 PM   #30
colorblind

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorlab View Post
Had another great track day @ Thunderhill dueling with a very well setup, driven and powerful VW GTi that impressed me. Had a blast this session.

Bonus: tough guy in a GT3 that flies by us in the straight only to park it in the corners, then a race Porsche makes us all look slow.

Thunderhill bypass with NCRC April 11th, 2016, Open Group. - YouTube

Then I lost a cylinder in the next session
Nice track, good driving.....but whaddaya mean u lost 1 cylinder?
Advertisement