AFR Question? - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Performance
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Performance General discussion for performance topics that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.
Sponsored by:

Old 03-07-2015, 08:16 PM   #1
Ahobbs
n00b

AFR Question?

Just wondering if an AEM AFR gauge can be hooked up to a stock cat and or downpipe? Still a newb so sorry for the dumb question! Thanks guys.
Ahobbs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2015, 08:18 PM   #2
pbaker609
[Local Team Member]

you'd have to weld a bung
Old 03-07-2015, 08:21 PM   #3
Ahobbs
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbaker609 View Post
you'd have to weld a bung
Is it possible to remove the current o2 sensor and plug it into there?

Old 03-07-2015, 08:29 PM   #4
chi_weezy
Forum Lackey

I think so but you'll throw a cel. Are you getting a tune? If so you should just buy a HFC or Test Pipe, throw the wb in, get tuned and be good to go. I don't think a WB is THAT necessary on a stock car.

2010 Apex Silver Evo MR \\ Work Emotion CR 18x9.5+20 \\ ETS HFC \\ ETS Quiet \\ Eibach Springs \\ Injen Intake + UICP \\ Cobb AP

2012 BE Gunmetal Grey GTR // Advan GT // FBO E85 // 620whp/620tq // H&R Springs // Rexspeed CF Lip + Skirts

SOLD 2013 WW Mitsubishi Evo X GSR - EStuned by Evan Smith 318awhp/355awtq @ 23.5psi on Dynojet

SOLD 1997 Toyota Supra \\ ProEFI ->>> 685whp E85 \\ RPS Carbon Carbon \\ Precision 6766 Billet DBB \\

SOLD 1994 Toyota Supra \\ 840whp \\ E85
chi_weezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2015, 08:35 PM   #5
Ahobbs
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_weezy View Post
I think so but you'll throw a cel. Are you getting a tune? If so you should just buy a HFC or Test Pipe, throw the wb in, get tuned and be good to go. I don't think a WB is THAT necessary on a stock car.

I plan on eventually putting all my parts on but I've had these gauges from my old dsm, just didn't know if it could hook up to the stock cat. I believe that my car was tuned before I bought it and modded because I am currently running no rear o2 sensor without the check engine light on. Also little signs leaning me towards it may have modded as well then returned back to stock when traded in.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:15 PM   #6
chi_weezy
Forum Lackey

If thats the case, then yes you could throw the WB in. But i believe its best for it to be located as close to the turbo as possible. Also, I would take it to a tuner immediately to make sure its running right and you don't damage anything

2010 Apex Silver Evo MR \\ Work Emotion CR 18x9.5+20 \\ ETS HFC \\ ETS Quiet \\ Eibach Springs \\ Injen Intake + UICP \\ Cobb AP

2012 BE Gunmetal Grey GTR // Advan GT // FBO E85 // 620whp/620tq // H&R Springs // Rexspeed CF Lip + Skirts

SOLD 2013 WW Mitsubishi Evo X GSR - EStuned by Evan Smith 318awhp/355awtq @ 23.5psi on Dynojet

SOLD 1997 Toyota Supra \\ ProEFI ->>> 685whp E85 \\ RPS Carbon Carbon \\ Precision 6766 Billet DBB \\

SOLD 1994 Toyota Supra \\ 840whp \\ E85
chi_weezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2015, 03:35 PM   #7
NFSLancerRA
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahobbs View Post
Is it possible to remove the current o2 sensor and plug it into there?
Yes, but you have to disable the sensor. It is probably a good idea to hook the wideband up to that sensor's input, anyways. I think that the master disable is in ECU Databits table number 2, databit 2. It should have the specific address listed in your ROM. Change the value to zero and disable the code (P0405, I think?). That will also be labeled. Otherwise, you should be good to go.

Here is the thread on logging via rear O2:

http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo...ut-serial.html
NFSLancerRA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2015, 08:31 PM   #8
on2it
Dr. Evo?

^+1 but I would just put on an extra bung

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current|HKS UICP|HKS Filter|HKS racing suction pipe kit|Modified Stock Exhaust|EcuTek FQ360 tune|ETS 3.5FMIC|Swift Springs|ACT ME-HDSS|ACT Streetlite Flywheel|
Installing
|FIC 1100cc injectors|K27 Surgetank kit+ Bosch044|
To Come
|BB FPGreen|Kelford Cams|Perrin3port|Perrin Bov|Tomei FPRegulator |Tomei FP guage|
on2it is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement