Mayweather vs. Pacman Is It On? - Page 2 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Community > Sports
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Sports Discuss the big game, fight, and your favorite athletes here. For motorsports, please see our racing subforums.

Old 05-23-2010, 07:51 PM   #11
JustNelson
Forum Lackey

"Education is the great engine of personal development. It is through education that the daughter of a peasant can become a doctor, that a son of a mineworker can become the head of the mine, that a child of farm workers can become the president..."
JustNelson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2010, 08:21 PM   #12
MrPurpleEvo
Rene

ohh man pac man will destroy!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MrPurpleEvo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2010, 10:07 PM   #13
ak47m203
Dr. Evo?

correction.... Honarable Congressman PACMAN, and pacman is not trying to be a polictician, eversince he won and money is on his side he has helped so many without any return and some other abuse him, asking for so much. He has a vision on his being a congressman. Many will say what a boxer can do in congress and what a lawyer can do as well. Well Pacman is not corrupt and others do.

Last edited by ak47m203; 05-23-2010 at 10:13 PM.
ak47m203 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 10:10 PM   #14
Eyler_Evo_X
Cunning Linguist

I'll be rooting for Pacman, but it'll be a tough fight. I can honestly see this going either way. Whoever wins, this is gonna be a battle.
I miss pre-mod Eyler. I say we start a campaign to return Eyler to his pre-mod glory, eloquent passes at me, random acts of empathy and grammar nazi-ing, while still modding. We'll call it Eyler: Back to Stock 2014. Yeah that will work. We need a movie poster of it.
Eyler_Evo_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2010, 10:17 PM   #15
ak47m203
Dr. Evo?

ok i checked our filipino news that Fuckin# gayweather changed his mind again.

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx...bCategoryId=69

Quote:
Pacquiao says Mayweather asking too much for bout
By Abac Cordero (The Philippine Star) Updated May 24, 2010 12:00 AM

Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr
MANILA, Philippines - It’s now up to Floyd Mayweather Jr. if he really wants to fight Manny Pacquiao.

“I think he really doesn’t want the fight if he comes up with another excuse,” said the 31-year-old Pacquiao, now even busier gearing up for his new role as member of the House of Representatives than thinking of his next fight.

Pacquiao said Mayweather will have to decide whether to accept the terms of the fight. Two days ago, the Filipino icon has agreed to undergo blood tests 14 days before their showdown that could take place on Nov. 13.

The superfight was originally set last March but Pacquiao found Mayweather’s demand for random blood tests, as random as 14 days before or the day of the fight itself, unacceptable, saying he can only go as far as 24 days.

But Pacquiao, recently elected Congressman in his home province of Sarangani, said Wednesday he’s now willing to take the tests 14 days before the fight, or probably even closer as long as “it’s not on the day of the fight.”

After reports of Pacquiao’s decision came out, The Examiner reported that Mayweather, as early as last February, had renewed his demand that the blood tests be taken “all the way up to the fight” and it means even on the day itself.
Pacquiao, again, will find this unacceptable, and that it could be a new way for Mayweather to wiggle out of the fight.

“I already agreed to 14 days and as long as they don’t draw too much blood but only what is needed for the tests. Fourteen days before the fight,” Pacquiao told ABS-CBN sportscaster Dyan Castillejo the other day.

Pacquiao may have more options than Mayweather, and his latest message to the undefeated American sounded like it’s “take it or leave it.”

For one, Pacquiao can easily earn as much as $15 million facing someone else, and that someone could be former welterweight king Antonio Margarito or the winner of the coming light-middleweight clash between Miguel Cotto or Yuri Foreman.

Or he can retire for good, and get busy helping the poor or filing bills in Congress.

Pacquiao’s promoter, Bob Arum, is working on the next fight for the fighting congressman from the Philippines, and the 78-year-old chief of Top Rank said he hoped it would be the one against Mayweather because it’s the one the whole world wants to see.

But the legendary promoter is on silent mode as he works on Pacquiao’s next fight, especially if it’s against Mayweather.

Boxing chronicler Michael Marley tried calling Arum, who must be in his Las Vegas headquarters, the other day, and all he managed to squeeze from the Harvard lawyer were the words “can’t talk.”

Then, Marley wrote in his widely read column Online, the phone went dead.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:20 PM   #16
ak47m203
Dr. Evo?

http://www.examiner.com/x-21442-Figh...fight-Pacquiao

and Gay weather [email protected] dad too.

Quote:
In a recent interview, Floyd Mayweather Sr publicly questioned Manny Pacquiao's change in cut-off dates for being drug tested. Floyd Sr came to the conclusion that Manny ultimately changed his mind because he's had plenty of time to clear his body from taking any illegal substances.

According to theboxinghistorian.com, Floyd Mayweather Sr made the following comments:

"Why the sudden change of mind? Pacquiao walked away from the opportunity to face my son in March, so why has he had a sudden change of mind and is now agreeing to all forms of testing."

Floyd Mayweather Sr answers his own question:

“Six months have passed, sufficient time to clear your body of any illegal substance, that’s why."

It's clear that Manny Pacquiao is in a no win situation when it comes to negotiating with the Mayweathers. First, they publicly blast Manny in the media for saying he won't take the tests and that he's hiding something. Now, they are saying it's basically too late because Manny's already had plenty of time to clear his body of PEDs.

I've been asked numerous times, if Manny agrees to 14 days now then why didn't he do it last year when Floyd Mayweather Jr proposed a 14 day cut-off. Since, I'm unable to read Manny's mind I don't have the exact answer. And since Manny hasn't answered this specific question, all we can do is speculate.

I think part of the reason why Manny didn't agree to the '14 day cut-off' initially was because the Mayweathers were accusing Manny of taking drugs and publicly blasting him. Not to mention, all of this drug testing just suddenly became an issue with the Mayweathers. They never said anything before this about suspecting Manny of taking PEDs. In fact, the Mayweathers never made this kind of public demand before.

I think the another factor in Manny's decision to come down to 14 days is the public demand for this fight. The public is like a stirred up hornet's nest over this fight. It's so bad at times that many treat this fight as the only fight in Boxing. I've lost track of how many times someone has told me that Boxing is dead or they will never watch Boxing again if Manny and Floyd Mayweather Jr don't fight.

Let's also not forget that Negotiations 101 teaches us that we are to 'give a little if we want to get a little.' Instead of berating Manny for 'giving a little' let's be happy that his side has made some progress. Now, Floyd's going to have to 'give some' on his drug tresting stance. Currently, Floyd Jr says he won't have any cut-off date and that the drug tests need to be up to the day of the fight. Hmm, does 7 days sound like a middle point?
Old 05-24-2010, 12:27 AM   #17
Excalibur
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak47m203 View Post
He's probably right. Pac probably did juice up.
Excalibur is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2010, 11:45 AM   #18
ak47m203
Dr. Evo?

funny....i dont think there will be a fight at all. and the congress and senate should listen to Floyd M because he has a very hard evidence that Pacman used drugs. and also he told the press that Manny uses an Amulet or magic that the bullets will just bounces on Manny's skin.
Quote:
Neil says:
Floyd M. Sr. now has more evidence of Pacquiao being a PED user. He just obtained a written note from his personal doctor that says acid reflux is one of the common side effects of using PEDs.
By the way, his doctor is a psychiatrist running the Mayweather-owned mental hospital in Michigan, where each member of the Mayweather family has an appointment (not random) for psychiatric exam every four months.
Quote:
J. Farnham says:
"Plenty of time to clear his body"? Now that's a word from a drug user himself so people, we should believe it and respect it. He's a professional drug user ain't he? He knows all the ins and outs when it comes to drugs

Quote:
joma says:
Sr. said it's too late, he has already cleaned up his body for the past (6 mos.) duh... six mox.? r u crazy? he just fought last march with clottey and was also tested at that time... so lets say that f pacquiao has already cleaned up his system, so that means he's system is already clean and there's no more drugs? so what now? you'll say again you won't fight him bcoz he's already clean... just can't get it!

Last edited by ak47m203; 05-24-2010 at 11:47 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:12 PM   #19
evo Tez
Just Spooling Up

Pac is using and we all know it. Who punches 1200 times in one fight and still has gas. Not even the GREAT ALI could pull that off. I think mayweather is the best fighter we will ever witness in this era. if they fight i think mayweather will win with skill because pac is a brawler and mayweather is a brilliantly skilled fighter
evo Tez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2010, 08:20 PM   #20
JustNelson
Forum Lackey

People don't say who punches 1200 in one fight. It can be done, you don't know how much your body can do until you push yourself. If people can do the Iron Man why wouldn't someone be able to punch a couple times? I mean they spend spend 8 hours each day in the gym training.

Mayweather is just killing it making all these stupid excuses, and his dad should just sit back and relax. If Mayweather loses his father also loses, because the title of greatest traininer will go to Fred.
"Education is the great engine of personal development. It is through education that the daughter of a peasant can become a doctor, that a son of a mineworker can become the head of the mine, that a child of farm workers can become the president..."
JustNelson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement