Buying a New 2008 EVO X GSR in 2010 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X General General discussion on the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Old 06-09-2010, 03:19 PM   #1
Keshav707
Forum Lackey

Buying a New 2008 EVO X GSR in 2010

I am buying a new 2008 GSR, is there anything I should be know about since the car has been sitting for 2 years?

Do the 2010 GSR's have a new factory tune? dealer says he will take care of all the recalls before delivery, do I need to specify the tune part?

Why do the EVO's run soo rich? I like shiny muffler tips

Any idea if the dealer would be willing to swap out the tail lights with ralliart tail lights since the car is new?

Where could I get a good deal on new/used te37 bronze or gold?

is Cobb AP better or AMS stage 0(only two I am aware of), I am looking to run the car a bit leaner and remove the 155 speed limiter and have the flexibility to switch tunes?

EVO will be my daily driver and with mostly city driving so I could use a better fuel efficiency but then I dont want to defeat my purpose of buying an EVO, to punch the throttle and reach estacy.. lol..

How much mpg gain has one seen with just a tune.. I mean just a tune, no intake or exhaust..

Does ECU tuning void warranty?

Do EVOs need some special TLC during the bed in period say 2000 miles?
any chassis lubrication or similar things?

Is 6.1oz weighted shift know good enough for smooth shifting and crisp throws?

I love the aero kit but could not afford it so bought only the Front lip(or air dam, as Mitsubishi likes to call it.) anything you would like to tell me about this?

I want to buy the OEM Aluminum ebrake handle but then people say that its too fragile and gets dents and scratches easily? The stock leather handle is glued to the ebrake, would it be a good idea to peal it off to put in the aluminum one(would I need to drill in or there is a hole), or should I get a new lever itself(cheap $35lever + $240 aluminum handle)?

I understand the questionnaire is long but its my first new car and I want to make no mistake and I thought it would be better to ask senior member..

Thanks in advance..
Keshav707 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2010, 03:23 PM   #2
SkyFlakes
Forum Lackey

hmmm.. there are 2008 brand new still circulating around?? where you from?
you have a lot to learn.. look for Hollywood's mod route here in the forums.. that will help you a lot!

EDIT: HERE YOU GO https://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33220

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SkyFlakes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2010, 03:28 PM   #3
mlomker
Resting in Peace

You could ask the dealer for whatever you want before you take delivery (the worst that they could do is say no). At the very least they should be willing to order the tails for you at a good price.

If the dealer puts the latest ECU flash on the car then it won't run nearly as rich as most 2008's did when they were new. Flashing the ECU does void the warranty but most people do it anyway. The Cobb would allow you to flash it back to stock before taking it in for service. If you keep everything on the car totally stock then getting a Cobb and doing it that way is a no-brainer, imo.

I'd suggest a TWM short-shifter even if you leave the rest of the car stock...it's nice to have.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
mlomker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 03:28 PM   #4
Keshav707
Forum Lackey

Chicago IL.. yup I sure need to learn a lot about a car worth learning about!! I wont touch the car until I educate myself enough to predict the consequences of my mods.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:30 PM   #5
Boston_eagle
Forum Lackey

Talking

You had better get that 2008 for a 'used price'. 08s were selling with a Mitsu rebate for 2k off back in 2009, let alone the 2010s are already out.

They will need to do the TSB retune on the car if not already done.

The dealer probably would bot be willing to, as they are probably looking to get rid of it. But you should ask them, worst they can say is no. Or try and ask for it as a condition of sale.

Gains on a tune vary by a tune.

ECU tuning if detected will void a warranty. COBB acessport has uploads your stock tune, and you can reload it at any time, however the jury has been out whether or not there is a counter in the ecu to count how many times it has been flashed.

As for the handle for the e brake mine has leather and is just fine. But I would check that out and worry about the ebrake handle after other issues, such as how many miles are actually on the car, new or like new? Has it had a previous owner?

Good luck with sale. If they jerk you about price, leave and get a used one or show them pricing for a 2010.

Quote:
The Colonel's new recipe is E85, bitches.
Boston_eagle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2010, 03:31 PM   #6
SkyFlakes
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav707 View Post
Chicago IL.. yup I sure need to learn a lot about a car worth learning about!! I wont touch the car until I educate myself enough to predict the consequences of my mods.
lol good City... look for us around town IEG members taking over the chi-city.. im from Skokie..

Old 06-09-2010, 03:36 PM   #7
Keshav707
Forum Lackey

@Boston Eagle The car is 2008 with 185miles on it.. Never been titled and sold to me as new. To confirm I ran an autocheck on the VIN and nothing came up, could not even find the VIN..

I am getting the 2008 EVO X GSR with SSS for 30K OTD including 9.25% sales tax, decent price or not?

@SKYFlakes once I get the car, we should meet, I want to see your car and ask a ton more questions.. lol.. any good tuning shops in Cook county?

Last edited by Keshav707; 06-09-2010 at 03:36 PM. Reason: update
Old 06-09-2010, 03:38 PM   #8
SkyFlakes
Forum Lackey

ahh yes sir we got the best EVO shop in the world
pm me and we will discuss about car perhaps get you in the club... new pledges have to go through me 1st if you pass the test you are in.. lmao

Old 06-09-2010, 03:39 PM   #9
hotdog
Dr. Evo?

That seems high. 2 years old, 185 miles? That car was used as the dealer's bitch car, the demo car. Bet they're hard miles.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:40 PM   #10
churbo
X-phile

I thought about going this route when I bought mine but I could only get them down to around 27k on an 08 and if you have seen the 2010 display then you'd want the 2010. I got my 2010 X for 31k, so for 4k more I got the brand new one not to mention I got more for my trades which made it 27k out the door. Basically paid about 2k more for the 2010.
churbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement