Matte black roof on WW - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Vanity
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Vanity Discuss body kits, wings, interior mods, etc having to do with the appearance of the Evo X. Do NOT post detailing threads here.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:01 PM   #1
Stock?
[Local Team Member]

Matte black roof on WW

Thoughts? Vinyl or professionally painted? Why?

Here is Perrin_Adam's WW

How about matte green? [email protected] (I don't want matte green, just figured I would share his two beautiful cars) Jeremy your beautiful too lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Official Sponsor:

Stock? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2010, 12:56 PM   #2
PapaVolume
aka TJs98GT

i think the matte black looks great. id stay with vinyl this way you can easily remove it if you get tired of it. vinyl will also make it easier down the road to sell the car because it gives the next owner or potential buyer to have it either way without much hassle
Old 07-22-2010, 12:57 PM   #3
Stock?
[Local Team Member]

How well does the vinyl hold up with the sun? Any fading issues?

Official Sponsor:

Old 07-22-2010, 01:14 PM   #4
evoX6436

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJs98GT View Post
i think the matte black looks great. id stay with vinyl this way you can easily remove it if you get tired of it. vinyl will also make it easier down the road to sell the car because it gives the next owner or potential buyer to have it either way without much hassle

My Blackberry Pin : 2570094D
evoX6436 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2010, 02:03 PM   #5
spy007
X-phile

If you are only considering your roof, then vinyl is a decent option. Get it done either by a professional or take your time so that the edge at the front and read windshields are done perfect.
The con with Vinyl is that you still have to be careful with it. What I mean is that powerwashing your car or taking it through a car wash can be a bad thing. If the high pressure water or the scrubbers catch a little lip of the vinyl, it can peel it back or create bubbles.

Paint on the other hand is pretty easy to do on that small section as well, but for a pro job they will need to remove the front/rear windshields to paint under the seals.

So when it comes down to it, both are very viable and if you hand wash your car and can get it done right, vinyl will be cheapest and quickest.
AMS polished intake
ETS O2 dump downpipe
Custom testpipe
Perrin catback exhaust
Exedy twin disk HD clutch
Center diff pin mod done by Jack's Transmissions
Tanabe DF210 springs
Seibon V-style CF lip
Alpine PDX-5 amp
spy007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2010, 02:06 PM   #6
Stock?
[Local Team Member]

Good info, didn't think about that yet lol

ADAM!!! How is your vinyl holding up in the sun?

Official Sponsor:

Old 07-22-2010, 04:16 PM   #7
spy007
X-phile

All vinyl and plastic fades over time, quicker than painted due to some of the UV protection in clear coats and waxes. My guess would be that if you leave your car outside all the time, then you would probably notice a fade within a year. If you garage the car and dont leave it exposed to the elements for too long, it should last quite a bit longer. In any case, vinyl is cheap and easy to replace so it could be a yearly thing and not be too big of an issue.
AMS polished intake
ETS O2 dump downpipe
Custom testpipe
Perrin catback exhaust
Exedy twin disk HD clutch
Center diff pin mod done by Jack's Transmissions
Tanabe DF210 springs
Seibon V-style CF lip
Alpine PDX-5 amp
spy007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2010, 04:20 PM   #8
Stock?
[Local Team Member]

That's true, I park in a parking garage at the moment so it shouldn't be too bad. Thanks man!

Official Sponsor:

Old 07-22-2010, 04:21 PM   #9
Anubis
Forum Lackey

I think Spy007 is right on target, and I couldn't agree more.

It will look good if done correctly, but as said just be careful with it.

AMS UICP
AMS FMIC
Cobb AP Stage 2
Cobb SF Intake
Perrin Inlet Tube
Specialty X CBE and HFC
Synchronic BOV

308 HP and 320 TQ
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2010, 01:49 AM   #10
bossy z
[Local Team Member]

I'd say go vinyl. The ability to remove it after a while if you get bored of the look outweighs the need for care when cleaning in my book.
bossy z is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement