aem digital boost & oil presure gauge gauge --- is all i get [evo x] - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Performance
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Performance General discussion for performance topics that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.
Sponsored by:

Old 08-14-2010, 11:55 PM   #1
ericevo
n00b

aem digital boost & oil presure gauge gauge --- is all i get [evo x]

Hey guys,

does anyone know why i get --- on my boost and oil pressure gauge?? the sensor wire was too short. I had to cut it and make it longer so that I can reach the sensor. I was in a hurry so i didnt do a good job wiring. But i am sure the connections was good. Any idea?

https://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23032

I only connected the red wire to the where the orange wire is. does that make any difference by the way?

Thanx

Eric
ericevo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2010, 02:22 PM   #2
HappyMint
Forum Addict

I just installed my AEM boost gauge and like yours, the wiring was too short. I had to extend it by like 2 feet to have enough wiring, which means we had to cut resodder, electrical tape, and heat shrink wrap it in two places. Once I got it together it worked though. I has got to be your connection, I bet if you recheck your hack-job of extending it you'll find an issue.

Also, did you take the wires out of the plastic adapters to route them through the car? I had to do it to keep a small hole in my dash. If you don't put the wires back in in the right order you could get weird results like what you're getting.

Build thread with lots of vids:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morricus
I'm drawn to them and cannot turn away. Its the same morbid fascination I'd have while watching a severely retarded person try to pick up a quarter off the street.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HappyMint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement