Specific Rim Help - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > '08+ Lancer Common > '08+ Lancer Wheels, Suspension, & Brakes
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

'08+ Lancer Wheels, Suspension, & Brakes Discussion for wheels, tires, brakes, and suspension related topics that are common among all 08+ Lancers.

Old 08-28-2010, 06:02 PM   #1
RyanNowosielski
Just Spooling Up

Specific Rim Help

Anyone have experience with these?

http://customwheel.com/custom_wheels...ducts_id/35301

I love the price and like the style (not that it really matters for what I need them for), but still.
I have some 245/45R18 Blizzaks I'll be using for this set of rims throughout the snowboarding season.

Anyone see a problem with these, or have had any problems in the past?

Also - they're only 18x8.0's instead of the stock 18x8.5's and I wanted to make sure that shouldn't cause any problems?

Thanks for the help in advance.
Ryan
RyanNowosielski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2010, 08:23 PM   #2
RyanNowosielski
Just Spooling Up

Also looking at these possibly - a little more subtle and going to bet lighter since they're 1pc alloys like the stock BBS rims.

Motegi has a pretty reputable name in the business right?
Old 08-28-2010, 08:46 PM   #3
2ndsilver evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNowosielski View Post
Motegi has a pretty reputable name in the business right?
american racing (makes motegi) doesnt have a good name. if your draging a muscle car mayby but doing turns theyre not good, theyre cheap that why alot of ricers get them. make sure what ever you get is forged. http://www.americanracing.com/motegi_racing_wheels.asp look here this is the home page and they have a subie and civic, we all know that those cars suck.

Old 08-28-2010, 08:53 PM   #4
RyanNowosielski
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndsilver evo View Post
american racing (makes motegi) doesnt have a good name. if your draging a muscle car mayby but doing turns theyre not good, theyre cheap that why alot of ricers get them. make sure what ever you get is forged. http://www.americanracing.com/motegi_racing_wheels.asp look here this is the home page and they have a subie and civic, we all know that those cars suck.
interesting - thanks.

i can't imagine those drifz are really any better.
i won't be needing anything stellar, like the BBS's, since it's primarily highway driving on ice and snow.
i can't waste a full rim budget on something that's just getting trashed anyways.
i think anything will suit my needs - but wanted to see some interesting opinions (like yours - thanks).
Old 08-28-2010, 09:03 PM   #5
KickAss
[X Performance Mod]
[Racing Mod]
[Local Team Member]

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNowosielski View Post
interesting - thanks.

i can't imagine those drifz are really any better.
i won't be needing anything stellar, like the BBS's, since it's primarily highway driving on ice and snow.
i can't waste a full rim budget on something that's just getting trashed anyways.
i think anything will suit my needs - but wanted to see some interesting opinions (like yours - thanks).

Forged wheels are overkill. I would suggest any of the Enkei's as long as the fitment is right. They are good quality and widely available and don't cost an arm and a leg.
KickAss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2010, 09:44 PM   #6
RyanNowosielski
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatalystGod View Post
Forged wheels are overkill. I would suggest any of the Enkei's as long as the fitment is right. They are good quality and widely available and don't cost an arm and a leg.
seems like overkill to me too.
performance / weight isn't that much of a huge deal when blizzaks are only rated to 96mph. not going crazy on these things since ice/snow is a constant.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:50 PM   #7
cavasotti
X-phile

a friend of mine has the first one on his 335i i personally didnt like it.. it seems kinda a ghetto..
cavasotti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2010, 09:53 PM   #8
RyanNowosielski
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavasotti View Post
a friend of mine has the first one on his 335i i personally didnt like it.. it seems kinda a ghetto..
i've been playing in photoshop and not sure about it either.
it's a little "flashy", but i actually saw some just like this in chrome (without the red) on a brand new Lexus and really liked them.
price is really my #1 concern, but still want something i at least kind of like.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:54 PM   #9
cavasotti
X-phile

in person his rims look like they have been powder coated at a cheap place.. i dont know.. they look very cheap in person.. just my opinion..
cavasotti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2010, 09:56 PM   #10
RyanNowosielski
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavasotti View Post
in person his rims look like they have been powder coated at a cheap place.. i dont know.. they look very cheap in person.. just my opinion..
cool - thanks for the heads up.
i'm not too surprised they look cheap (since they are), but i'll probably avoid with the first hand opinion. i haven't been able to find them in a store to actually go and check out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement