SST and annoying 500rpm rev jump - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Tuning
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Tuning Discussion for tuning & engine control systems that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.

Old 01-30-2019, 06:05 PM   #1
evoting
n00b

SST and annoying 500rpm rev jump

Hey Guys,

First and foremost, I just wanted to say massive thank you to all of the guys on here who provided such a wealth of information. you guys know who you are!

Without it all I would of never of tried to self tune. Thank you!

It all started with the purchasing and evo x SST with 30k on the clock. UK model FQ300. I have risen through the ranks from a colt ralliart on to the lancer ralliart and for just under a year now Evo x.

I initial had to flash to unlock the ecu (UK cars locked by ECUTEK.) The car was registered 2012 although couldn't find any EDM 2012 roms and so flashed with 2011.

With the help of a remote tuner, I got a remote tune hitting max boost 25psi tapering down 18psi. I took things from ther, tuning for a 11.3afr along with scaling MAF.

Ever since I did the initial re-flash to unlock the ecu, i have been fighting with a rev issue each time I get on the gas.

I could be cruising at 2000-3000 rpms, if i get of the gas and then back on the again,the engine will rev slightly anywhere between 250-500rpm's. before clutch bites.

I have narrowed things down to very light throttle. 5-10% throttle. At constant 10% throttle, I get the following cycle... Clutch will engage and then will clutch disengage's, engine revs by 250-500rpms and then clutch will engage again. The cycle will continue until I either get off the throttle or increase throttle.

For me it likes the ECU is confused? Even on take off I get a quick clutch engage, disengage and then re-engage. It is quick and seems to only affect 1st gear.

I have lightly tweaked the SST tables throttle request torque map along with throttle maps. Things seem a little bit more smoother but I still get see engine rev up slightly before clutch bite's

I have noticed when opening rom in ecu flash. the number scaling seems off? I have looked at a number of roms most roms read throttle 0 - 100 whereas my starts off with 10 and then goes up to 109?

Was wondering if Rom definition maybe the cause of my problem?
evoting is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2019, 08:00 PM   #2
turismolover22
X-phile

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoting View Post
Hey Guys,

First and foremost, I just wanted to say massive thank you to all of the guys on here who provided such a wealth of information. you guys know who you are!

Without it all I would of never of tried to self tune. Thank you!

It all started with the purchasing and evo x SST with 30k on the clock. UK model FQ300. I have risen through the ranks from a colt ralliart on to the lancer ralliart and for just under a year now Evo x.

I initial had to flash to unlock the ecu (UK cars locked by ECUTEK.) The car was registered 2012 although couldn't find any EDM 2012 roms and so flashed with 2011.

With the help of a remote tuner, I got a remote tune hitting max boost 25psi tapering down 18psi. I took things from ther, tuning for a 11.3afr along with scaling MAF.

Ever since I did the initial re-flash to unlock the ecu, i have been fighting with a rev issue each time I get on the gas.

I could be cruising at 2000-3000 rpms, if i get of the gas and then back on the again,the engine will rev slightly anywhere between 250-500rpm's. before clutch bites.

I have narrowed things down to very light throttle. 5-10% throttle. At constant 10% throttle, I get the following cycle... Clutch will engage and then will clutch disengage's, engine revs by 250-500rpms and then clutch will engage again. The cycle will continue until I either get off the throttle or increase throttle.

For me it likes the ECU is confused? Even on take off I get a quick clutch engage, disengage and then re-engage. It is quick and seems to only affect 1st gear.

I have lightly tweaked the SST tables throttle request torque map along with throttle maps. Things seem a little bit more smoother but I still get see engine rev up slightly before clutch bite's

I have noticed when opening rom in ecu flash. the number scaling seems off? I have looked at a number of roms most roms read throttle 0 - 100 whereas my starts off with 10 and then goes up to 109?

Was wondering if Rom definition maybe the cause of my problem?
I am no SST expert, but is it possible the trans needs a teach-in to properly communicate with the ECU?
turismolover22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2019, 04:12 PM   #3
Corpsfiction
n00b

I ran into a similar problem on my 2014 GSR. It would spontaneously rev at idle or deceleration with the clutch pedal engaged. I had my battery tested durring a random service and it was low on voltage,so I had it replaced and I've never had the problem ever since. I'm not saying that will correct your MR but it might be something to look into just in case.
Corpsfiction is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2019, 07:47 PM   #4
evoting
n00b

Hey guys,

Thank you both for replying.

Turis, I will do a teach-in this weekend. I have been putting it off due to the car revving up during the teach in process (tomei ti.)

Corps, I will definitely check on the battery, I don't think the battery has ever been changed.

Was also thinking of changing trans fluids seeing if that will help things?

For now I have copied some parameters from a lancer ralliart basemap developed by Razorlab. TRTM 1-3 as well as TRTRR maps. On and off gas seems a little more smoother. When coasting and getting back on to gas, timing of clutch engaging seems less.

With the SST transmissions, would we normally see clutch slip like you would in a manual? Slight rev of the engine to smooth out clutch bite?
evoting is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement