Sell or mod evo x ? - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X General General discussion on the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Old 03-27-2019, 05:46 PM   #1
evo13
Just Spooling Up

Sell or mod evo x ?

I have a evo x gsr 2008 with 200,000 miles car needs a new clutch and flywheel and a new clear coat runs and drives great never gave me any problems but now Iím a dad and the car is collecting dust. ( DD a Toyota 😕 itís boring to death )
So what would you guys do ?
Keep it ? Mod it ?
Or
Sell it and get a family friendly car?
Audi allroad is in my vision now.
evo13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2019, 08:23 PM   #2
Splattj
Just Spooling Up

I'm in a similar boat. DD'ing a Volvo wagon and the GSR lives in the garage under a cover (Especially in the Winter)

Mod it, vinyl wrap it, have fun!
Keep the cheap boring dadmobile
Anything else will feel like a compromise. And, if you get something you like and care about the kid will destroy it. Plus, if you think you can mod your "more fun" DD while being a parent, it's a bad idea.
Splattj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2019, 09:57 PM   #3
LeesEvoX
Forum Lackey

I'm kinda in the same boat (minus the kid) lol. But I have a built evo. Engine. head, transmission.

Guess what it does now?..

Sit in the garage collecting dust. Lol.

Same shit, I just wasted about an extra 30k.

I cant wait to get rid of my evo and move on. Loved her for her entire life with me. But I'm growing up/older. And it's time to move on.

My way around is getting a powerwagon. Can haul la familia, but also take it wherever the fuck I want haha.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
2013 PB Evo X GSR- Kozmic Built 2.0l (stock Sleeves) Kelford 214-b cams/Brian Crower titanium springs & retainers/ Wiseco forged pistons/Manley TT forged Rods/ETS Tubular Manifold/ETS Intake W/ Custom 3.5" MAF/ETS 4" IC/ETS UICP/Synapse DV/ID2000's
and a GTX3576R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tuned by Kozmic @ 500awhp & 365tq (E85)
Blown Ringlands, Its what makes Subaru, a Subaru
LeesEvoX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2019, 10:29 PM   #4
Splattj
Just Spooling Up

My care is only lightly modded and I do take mine to work when the weather forecast is good and most of the Summer but I've avoided any mods that would make commuting unbearable. No solid mounts, no AC delete, no super heavy clutch, no straight pipe-esque exhausts with wastegate dumps, coilovers with track focused spring rates etc. The X is a really street friendly car when it's close to stock.

I'd love to go all grown up and buy an RS7, a dual motor Tesla, or a well-used AMG wagon but with two kids, Michigan Winters, and only having one car to take to school pickup or parking lots aside from work, I know it would kill me to see it slowly get ruined and just isn't worth the stress.

I'm sure everyone gets happiness in their own way but it's going to be more than a few years before I'm ready to give up the fair-weather toy!
Splattj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2019, 11:50 PM   #5
FurtadoZ9
Just Spooling Up

I'm not even sure what you could get for a 200k mile evo x.

Unless if your financial needs are imperative, I would just garage it and take your time collecting parts for a build.

Scour forums and groups, take your time collecting parts for a build. Sit down and write out your goals, what you need, ect and chip at it. It'll be something you can work at during your downtime (the small downtime you'll have lol).
FurtadoZ9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2019, 02:56 AM   #6
evo13
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurtadoZ9 View Post
I'm not even sure what you could get for a 200k mile evo x.

Unless if your financial needs are imperative, I would just garage it and take your time collecting parts for a build.

Scour forums and groups, take your time collecting parts for a build. Sit down and write out your goals, what you need, ect and chip at it. It'll be something you can work at during your downtime (the small downtime you'll have lol).
Thatís what I was thinking. Unless somone is looking for a project car no one would buy this one for DD with 200,000 miles. Too much sentimental value to give it away cheap.
Old 03-29-2019, 03:01 AM   #7
evo13
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splattj View Post
My care is only lightly modded and I do take mine to work when the weather forecast is good and most of the Summer but I've avoided any mods that would make commuting unbearable. No solid mounts, no AC delete, no super heavy clutch, no straight pipe-esque exhausts with wastegate dumps, coilovers with track focused spring rates etc. The X is a really street friendly car when it's close to stock.

I'd love to go all grown up and buy an RS7, a dual motor Tesla, or a well-used AMG wagon but with two kids, Michigan Winters, and only having one car to take to school pickup or parking lots aside from work, I know it would kill me to see it slowly get ruined and just isn't worth the stress.

I'm sure everyone gets happiness in their own way but it's going to be more than a few years before I'm ready to give up the fair-weather toy!
Yea I defiantly canít just give it up too. Even after owning the car for 10
Years Iím still not bored of it lol.
Old 03-29-2019, 03:35 PM   #8
llllBULLSEYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splattj View Post
Agree with this 100%
we get carried away with power and lightweight and turn
the car into something we really don't want in the long run.
and so the 800whp Evo sits away lonely in the garage.
The EVO is very daily drive able. Seriously don't install an
exhaust and remove the big wing and its just another family/sports sedan
on the streets.

back to the OP
I would keep that car. its and 08 with 200k with faded paint
and needs work. You will have to let it go cheap. Not worth it
in my opinion.
Only way I see you should sell is If your insurance on it is high
and you don't have a place to store it or are paying for storage.
llllBULLSEYE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2019, 09:09 PM   #9
LagunaBlueAP2
Just Spooling Up

Since you daily your Toyota and the Evo is just sitting collectiong dust, sell it. Use the proceeds for your growing family.
LagunaBlueAP2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2019, 03:47 AM   #10
2SEXY
n00b

Keep it, eventually the kids get older and you can use it more often plus share that experience with them making it much more special sharing your passion with them. If your a life long gear head like me you’ll regret selling it in the long run and end up looking at something else to get into. Cheaper to keep it and enjoy it later.
2SEXY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement