Track day videos and AYC problem? - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Racing > Track
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Track Discussion for track driving techniques, events and results.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:34 PM   #1
Demi
Forum Lackey

Red face Track day videos and AYC problem?

Okay here are the videos of my next to last session of the day, and the ensuing problem or hiccup or whatever you would call it. The pictures are in https://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41831
but I figured with the AYC issue i would start a new thread and see if anybody else has had this.

Pay no attention to me and my passenger bitching in the video, they combined 1 & 2 so people were forgetting to point people around all day, so i was frustrated. In the second video right into turn 9 I got what felt like a sudden power loss accompanied by machine gun backfire. It jumped right back and then into turn 1 I heard what sounded like a loud backfire and the AYC system requires service light came on (around 8:05), but I could download no codes from my ap and cycling the ignition it went away. I didnt feel any difference in the car. Just a fluke? I digress.

Its hard to get a read on the speed from the video but through the NASCAR turn was about 95ish and hitting the finish line about 115. Too much fun.
Demi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2010, 09:37 PM   #2
mlomker
Resting in Peace

Are you sure the AYC light issue isn't the 30psi overboost? If you've disabled that in your ROM then obviously it isn't.

I can't watch the video until I get home but power loss in a turn is a classic sign of fuel starvation. If you don't have a surge tank then you will experience it from time to time. Usually it'll happen right as you open up the throttle to accelerate after the apex.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

Last edited by mlomker; 11-29-2010 at 09:44 PM.
mlomker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2010, 09:43 PM   #3
Demi
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlomker View Post
Are you sure the AYC light issue isn't the 30psi overboost? If you've disabled that in your ROM then obviously it isn't.

I can't watch the video until I get home but power loss in a turn is a classic sign of fuel starvation. If you don't have a surge tank then you will experience it from time to time. Usually it'll happen right as your open up the throttle to accelerate, half-way through the turn.
God i hope it isnt over boosting, but I dont have a boost gauge, and have been watching through the ap from time to time. Who knows with how hot the car gets during that sorta stuff. Could be. I was pretty low on fuel during that run.....add surge tank to the list of stuff to buy.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:52 PM   #4
mlomker
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi View Post
God i hope it isnt over boosting
There's a whole thread on that error message, if this is what you saw:

https://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=46

|
|
mlomker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2010, 10:11 PM   #5
Demi
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlomker View Post
There's a whole thread on that error message, if this is what you saw:

https://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=46
Not sure, i have a 2010 so the screen is a bit different. It literally said "AYC System requires servicing."
Old 11-29-2010, 10:12 PM   #6
Pushn'lbs
Forum Lackey

^ yeah you hit over 28.5 psi. Its normal.
Pushn'lbs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2010, 10:44 PM   #7
Demi
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushn'lbs View Post
^ yeah you hit over 28.5 psi. Its normal.
Word, so that noise was a backfire?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement