*OFFICIAL* Accident/Crash Help Thread - Page 4 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X General General discussion on the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Old 02-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #31
kburgo
[Local Team Member]

Bought a salvaged car that was hit by a lady running a stop sign and hitting the front passenger side. Car needed quite a few parts (control arm, axle, caliper, bumper, fender, headlight, oil cooler, hood, crash beam, and airbags and seat belts) There might be a few more parts that I can't think of, but I've repaired some of the parts on my own. I haven't had the time to get an estimate from a body shop but I was hoping you guys would provide an estimate from experience on how much the body work will be. The fender apron needs to be removed and replaced. I've found someone who's junking his evo and he's willing to cut his fender apron off, so I got the parts pretty cheap. I'd only really need an estimate for the removal and addition of the fender apron! I uploaded some pics, hopefully they will help!http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/...ps95e4f45b.jpg

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8ad9a94b.jpg

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/...psa9c23625.jpg
kburgo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2013, 06:35 PM   #32
kge0003
Forum Lackey

Mr. bpeterson...you've got a novel in your pm inbox. Holler if you need anything else.

Currently Parting Out

Car sold...
kge0003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2013, 04:15 AM   #33
SuBLiMinAL
n00b

My accident doesn't look so bad compared to some of these but I'll share my story..

So this past Thursday I was driving by the front of a grocery store when I came up behind a stopped dodge ram. After 10-15 seconds of being stopped and noticing there was no one in front of him I figured "oh he must be waiting for someone"

Myself and the vehicle behind me passed around the dodge ram and I stopped at the stop sign preparing to exit the parking lot. As I started taking my left hand turn out of the parking lot I noticed out of the corner of my eye a blue dodge ram cruising out of the parking lot in the wrong lane and....

Bam! (Dodge) Rammed right into my driver side door...

As I later found out he had actually passed the vehicle behind me, and attempted to cut me off on the street half way through my left hand turn. He admitted to the reporting officer after all the smoke settled that road rage was a factor. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not by any means a picture perfect driver, but this situation was completely unprovoked and I'm grateful for the independent witness that was behind me confirmed my story.

Anyways,

pics 1-3 were at the scene
pic 4 was the next day
pic 5 was the "damage" to his truck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	evo 1.JPG
Views:	548
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	57770   Click image for larger version

Name:	evo 2.JPG
Views:	441
Size:	2.31 MB
ID:	57778   Click image for larger version

Name:	evo 3.JPG
Views:	430
Size:	2.88 MB
ID:	57786   Click image for larger version

Name:	evo 4.JPG
Views:	396
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	57794   Click image for larger version

Name:	dodge 2.JPG
Views:	409
Size:	2.49 MB
ID:	57802  

SuBLiMinAL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 04:19 AM   #34
KickAss
[X Performance Mod]
[Racing Mod]
[Local Team Member]

Sad for you, hope you will be taken care of between your insurance and the other driver's insurance.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Quote:
HA!! Yeah Orthojoe, quit being a vag in your safe, relatively practical cars...come back to us, come dance with the devil again....
KickAss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2013, 04:21 AM   #35
SuBLiMinAL
n00b

Thanks. and oh yeah...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1021.JPG
Views:	534
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	57818  
Old 04-03-2013, 04:31 AM   #36
Widoww
Just Spooling Up

this is worst then mine, and mine was $16,000 damages
Widoww is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2013, 04:33 AM   #37
kge0003
Forum Lackey

Ouch man, good one for sure. If you need any help dispelling myths, decoding estimates, or just general peace of mind, feel free to pm me any time.

Currently Parting Out

Car sold...
kge0003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2013, 04:49 AM   #38
KickAss
[X Performance Mod]
[Racing Mod]
[Local Team Member]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kge0003 View Post
Ouch man, good one for sure. If you need any help dispelling myths, decoding estimates, or just general peace of mind, feel free to pm me any time.
This guy is awesome for any insurance related questions.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Quote:
HA!! Yeah Orthojoe, quit being a vag in your safe, relatively practical cars...come back to us, come dance with the devil again....
KickAss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2013, 04:57 AM   #39
SuBLiMinAL
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widoww View Post
this is worst then mine, and mine was $16,000 damages
Damn dude really? I love my car even though I've only had it for a short time (since Christmas) but in the back of my head I hope it's just wrote off cause it'll never be the same... Even though it's probably not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kge0003 View Post
Well since you asked lol.. How hard of a hit does it take to cause frame damage in our cars? I read a post somewhere that it's an aluminum alloy frame which leads me to assume the frame can be pretty fragile. By my pictures alone what would you guestimate my damages? (american or canadian)

PS - no fluids were leaking, no air bags deployed and no engine/dash warnings came on

Last edited by SuBLiMinAL; 04-03-2013 at 05:03 AM.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #40
.Adam
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kburgo View Post
Bought a salvaged car that was hit by a lady running a stop sign and hitting the front passenger side. Car needed quite a few parts (control arm, axle, caliper, bumper, fender, headlight, oil cooler, hood, crash beam, and airbags and seat belts) There might be a few more parts that I can't think of, but I've repaired some of the parts on my own. I haven't had the time to get an estimate from a body shop but I was hoping you guys would provide an estimate from experience on how much the body work will be. The fender apron needs to be removed and replaced. I've found someone who's junking his evo and he's willing to cut his fender apron off, so I got the parts pretty cheap. I'd only really need an estimate for the removal and addition of the fender apron! I uploaded some pics, hopefully they will help!http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/...ps95e4f45b.jpg

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8ad9a94b.jpg

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/...psa9c23625.jpg
Is it just me or are these tires on backwards....
.Adam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement