*OFFICIAL* Accident/Crash Help Thread - Page 7 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X General General discussion on the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Old 04-01-2014, 04:23 AM   #61
link88
n00b

Long story short, I Purchased My wrecked 2010 Evolution Gsr about a month Ago. it was Hit in the front. only driver knee and steering bag deployed. i fixed the car about a week ago. i just got around to putting all new airbags, seatbelts and a new module in, including (2) new front sensors. i then reconnected my battery, and started it for the first time, to find out my airbag service light is on. everything works on my steering wheel besides my horn, so don't think it would be a clockspring issue. ANY HELP Or Advice would be very appreciated.
link88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2014, 01:25 PM   #62
Pool Playen Bob
X-phile

cleared the codes?

and to the guy about rads behind his fenders. your looking at the oil cooler mate.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TJ
Pool Playen Bob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2014, 11:01 PM   #63
stubs179
n00b

I am not sure what to do at this point? Heres a little background first, My wife was driving the car making a left and a lady ran a stop sign. My wife was going about 10-15mph and the other lady couldn't have been going any faster. It did about $6500 in damage to our car. We are in a fairly small town in Florida, Gainesville.

So, this is my problem, The body shop did a good job of repairing the body damage but the alignment/left front tire wear has been never ending. It has been back to the shop 3 times and 2 different alignment shops and still has the same problem. When making a left turn, only left, you can hear the left tire scrubbing. This is mainly on wider left hand turns, like from a 4 lane road to another 4 lane road. I am thinking it could be a bent ball joint shaft, bent control arm, bent steering arm, or i am starting to think it might be a problem with the front differential? I am starting to think this because the tire screeches the loudest when it is in a gear and you let off the gas, almost like the diff is locking? At this point i don't trust that anyone in this town can diagnose the issue i am having. This has been going on for around 6 months now and i am ready to take it to Jax, Orlando, or Tampa if there is someone that is good and worth the drive. Does anyone know of any good shops?

Last edited by stubs179; 06-14-2014 at 11:18 PM.
stubs179 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 04:02 PM   #64
stubs179
n00b

I'm still dealing with this. Does anyone have any experience with this problem on an X? I'd just trade it in but I don't want to do that to someone else and I can't really afford it right now.
stubs179 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2015, 07:35 PM   #65
veles
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubs179 View Post
I'm still dealing with this. Does anyone have any experience with this problem on an X? I'd just trade it in but I don't want to do that to someone else and I can't really afford it right now.
Any update on this? My car is at the body shop for similar damage but on the right side, don't know what to expect, worried about alignment problems too.
2008 EVO X GSR (317 whp) - AEM CAI - AMS Custom Tune - WORKS Exhale Stealth Muffler - OS Giken Grand Touring Single Clutch - Enkei RPF1 18x9.5/+15 with BFGoodridge g-Force Sport COMP2 255/35 tires (summer) and Drag with Bridgestone Blizzak 245/40 (winter) - Swift Sport Springs
veles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2015, 08:29 PM   #66
tapuout567
Just Spooling Up

Idk if this is off topic, but anyone know of a reputable shop that specializes in our cars near Tampa, FL? Ran into an issue with my car that the dealership nor another shop can figure out, help please!!!

2012 Ducati 848evo Corse
tapuout567 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2015, 03:42 AM   #67
DatEvo10mr
Just Spooling Up

Should of kept your evo x.The shop prob did 2 wheel alignment on it.u need to find a good shop that does awd/4wd alignment. The evo x needs awd alignment to fix the prob.hope this helps.
DatEvo10mr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2015, 03:50 PM   #68
qnet
Just Spooling Up

I missed this sticky when I had my accident. Below is a link to my original thread about it (with pics). Long story short, car has right-side damage to back quarter panel, back door, and trunk. Right now repairs have reached a little over $16,000. The body shop has had my car for over a month, and two weeks past their original estimate. They had to replace AYC hydraulic unit in the rear, which apparently took awhile to get.

I really miss my car. I went to look at it Monday, and all the body work was done. The interior was gutted and they are waiting on my right seat to be reupholstered with leather, since my leather was dealer installed.

https://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=305249

Last edited by qnet; 09-03-2015 at 03:56 PM.
qnet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2015, 08:52 PM   #69
Learn_More
n00b

So, I just had $27,500 of damage repaired on my '14 GSR. It was hit primarily from the back, so the ACD/AYC pump got absolutely destroyed. (The girl was doing about 45MPH when she hit me) The front got beat up pretty bad too because I got pushed into the car in front of me. They replaced the intercooler and crash bar on the front.
Basically all the panels around the car were replaced, except for the doors.
ANYWAY, after sitting in the collision shop for 13 and a half weeks I got it back.
I plugged in my Cobb AP when I got home and read the trouble codes. (I know I should have done this before I even left)
I'm getting:
ACD:
C1612
C161B
C161A
AIRBAG:
U0171
U0170
B1B22

I looked these up and the ACD issues are with voltage/pressure and the Airbag ones are front sensors and one of the side curtains. I get no dash lights though...

What should I do? Can I bring this to Mitsu to diagnose so I can make another claim to my insurance and have them fix it? Unfortunately the closest Mitsu dealer is over 2.5 hours away.
I really don't know what to do.
On Monday I'll have to call my insurance agent and see what he says too.

I just wanted to get some opinions from what you guys would do. I guess the shop couldn't read the codes or whatever. I'm not even sure how they properly installed the damn ACD/AYC pump without the MUTIII.
Learn_More is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2015, 11:04 PM   #70
veles
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learn_More View Post
So, I just had $27,500 of damage repaired on my '14 GSR. It was hit primarily from the back, so the ACD/AYC pump got absolutely destroyed. (The girl was doing about 45MPH when she hit me) The front got beat up pretty bad too because I got pushed into the car in front of me. They replaced the intercooler and crash bar on the front.
Basically all the panels around the car were replaced, except for the doors.
ANYWAY, after sitting in the collision shop for 13 and a half weeks I got it back.
I plugged in my Cobb AP when I got home and read the trouble codes. (I know I should have done this before I even left)
I'm getting:
ACD:
C1612
C161B
C161A
AIRBAG:
U0171
U0170
B1B22

I looked these up and the ACD issues are with voltage/pressure and the Airbag ones are front sensors and one of the side curtains. I get no dash lights though...

What should I do? Can I bring this to Mitsu to diagnose so I can make another claim to my insurance and have them fix it? Unfortunately the closest Mitsu dealer is over 2.5 hours away.
I really don't know what to do.
On Monday I'll have to call my insurance agent and see what he says too.

I just wanted to get some opinions from what you guys would do. I guess the shop couldn't read the codes or whatever. I'm not even sure how they properly installed the damn ACD/AYC pump without the MUTIII.
I would do exactly what you said. Call the insurance, but typically you can send supplemental bills against an existing claim (don't need to make a new claim, they keep them open for a long time). Just have Mitsu write it up that it was due to accident and subsequent incorrect install.

The moment I got my car back from the body shop (not nearly as bad a damage as yours), I took it to Mitsu and had them check that everything was done right. But it's easy for me to say because my dealership is only 15 min away.....
2008 EVO X GSR (317 whp) - AEM CAI - AMS Custom Tune - WORKS Exhale Stealth Muffler - OS Giken Grand Touring Single Clutch - Enkei RPF1 18x9.5/+15 with BFGoodridge g-Force Sport COMP2 255/35 tires (summer) and Drag with Bridgestone Blizzak 245/40 (winter) - Swift Sport Springs
veles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement