Seems like a lot of X's getting sold all of a sudden - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X General General discussion on the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Old 05-12-2011, 08:52 PM   #1
dboz
Forum Lackey

Seems like a lot of X's getting sold all of a sudden

It seems like everyday there is a new posting with a "parts for sale, X is sold" heading. What is going on?

dboz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
Eyler_Evo_X
Cunning Linguist

It's summer, people are bored with their car, people can't handle the maintenance, people bought a car out of their price range, etc.
I miss pre-mod Eyler. I say we start a campaign to return Eyler to his pre-mod glory, eloquent passes at me, random acts of empathy and grammar nazi-ing, while still modding. We'll call it Eyler: Back to Stock 2014. Yeah that will work. We need a movie poster of it.
Eyler_Evo_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 09:01 PM   #3
90min IPA
Just Spooling Up

Well with the "factory being destroyed in Japan" and all the "engines blowing up", people realize it's time to ditch this sinking ship..
90min IPA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 09:14 PM   #4
dboz
Forum Lackey

Yeah, I never worried much about the engine letting go until I started reading stuff on here.

dboz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 09:28 PM   #5
EvoX2NR
Forum Lackey

There are a couple of reasons people jump ship:
-People end up putting a car on it's last leg, then sell it so that they don't have to deal with fixing it (meat_evo).
-People move on from the boy racer stage
-People can't afford them

and to comment on motors blowing... people are just pushing them to too far of a limit... unforunately the motors are not bullet proof... but name one that actually is (minus 2JZ and RB's). There are only so many years of development into this motor. There are only isolated cases of built motors going which usually is a freak accident. People tend to see a motor blown thread and think it is the end of the world.
EvoX2NR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 09:30 PM   #6
SkyFlakes
Forum Lackey

what you mentioned has been a routine/pattern every time it gets warm out.. people tend to sell shit

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SkyFlakes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 09:31 PM   #7
SkyFlakes
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyler_Evo_X View Post
It's summer, people are bored with their car, people can't handle the maintenance, people bought a car out of their price range, etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SkyFlakes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 09:38 PM   #8
irmerm
Forum Lackey

Funny you should mention this. I just sold mine.

/not!
K&N Drop-In Filter
CBRDSpeedFactory UICP
Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
irmerm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 09:53 PM   #9
90min IPA
Just Spooling Up

I was being a tadddddd sarcastic.
90min IPA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 10:01 PM   #10
bear.914
Just Spooling Up

I purchased this car at an early age(just before 19) and had my fair share of headaches with it but through time stuck it out and got back on my feet. I tell everyone that asks me why haven't I ditched the car the same reason, I knew what I was getting myself into and I love the car and will own it until its payed off and then I will purchase a new SUV/CAR that I will no longer mod. Ok...ok maybe a set of wheels but thats all haha...it is a shame but hey it puts some sweet deals out there for slightly used parts!
bear.914 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement