clutch noise? - Page 3 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Transmission & S-AWC System
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Transmission & S-AWC System Discussion for transmission, axle, driveshaft, and related systems that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.

Old 06-14-2011, 04:17 PM   #21
evo_xtatic
Just Spooling Up

So, according to Jack's transmissions (and lots of other Evo X owners like me who have found out the hard way) your Evo X center diff WILL fail. It's not an if situation...it's a when. Here is a great write up by Jacks who have identified all the improvements Mistu did from the 8/9 trans to the X. He also mentions an upgrade Mistu did for the X that was identical to an upgrade Jacks did to 8/9 trannies when he saw them failing (the input shaft in the 8/9 had ball bearing style end bearings which had reliability issues. To fix this, they made their own bearings that were tapered roller. Mitsu included tapered roller bearings in the X) Here is the link to the article...I HIGHLY recommend you taking your trans/acd to them to get it worked on regardless of the condition of your transmission. It's a ticking time bomb folks...
http://www.jackstransmissions.com/pages/evox-review
evo_xtatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2011, 04:43 PM   #22
evo_xtatic
Just Spooling Up

another find: I had my clutch put in with the bottom end build. According to this forum poster, he says there is a line going from back to front that contains ATF fluid for the ACD. It will bleed a bit if you don't clamp it when doing a clutch install. Short story is you need to make sure you clamp the line even when just doing a clutch and to be sure to top it off after install.
http://m.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=511031
"To answer your question, you do have to go to the dealer when you're done to get the ACD/AYC bled. That's related to the one line you disconnected and clamped off during the clutch install. Only a dealer with a scan tool can do the bleeding effectively.

The only fluids you should have to replace after the clutch install are the transmission fluid for the transmission, and the LSD oil for the transfer case up front. Additionally, if your AYC/ACD fluid reservoir in the trunk is low after you're finished (because it leaked too much before you were able to clamp that line), then you should top it off with ATF fluid before going to the dealer for the bleeding.

Also, depending on how you did the install, you might need to top off the brake fluid and bleed the clutch (which shares the same reservoir as the brake fluid). I believe most people don't disconnect the clutch lines when doing the install though."

I'm very concerned because no one (including me) checked to see if the diff fluid was low because we never opened that up. The level was low when checked after I brought it in, but the ACD probably burned out due to insufficient lubrication.
evo_xtatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement