My first mod, a speed circuit test pipe - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Performance
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Performance General discussion for performance topics that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.
Sponsored by:

Old 06-15-2011, 08:54 AM   #1
Mariel
Just Spooling Up

My first mod, a speed circuit test pipe

Hey everyone! Making my first post, i have mainly just search around the forums and all that. But anyways, I thought I'd take the time to post up a little review of this part and plans for the car.

My plans for the car is to have a fun yet reliable DD on 91 octane ( tbh my girl drives my car harder than i do when shes behind the wheel lol, she has alot of fun with it. Shes awesome i love her!(4 years together) haha, I baby my car like no other. ) My plans for the car are

Test pipe( thank you Dino! )
Single exit catback exhaust, maybe dual(mainly have my mind set on a invidia n1,greddy, or ams)
half the upper intercooler pipe
intake(made a thread of this days after this thread finally went through admins to show up)
boost controller(manual hallman pro or grimspeed ebc)
boost and a/f ratio gauge(no a clue on which to go for, still have to research more into, i see alot of defi, aem, and some others)
conservative tune
short shifter with underhood and base shift bushings(not really sure on this either, been looking mainly at tmw or works)
Shooting for atleast 300/300(could probably get more with the parts listed)

My car is still stock and finally after months of being patient, researching, reading reviews, looking at dyno sheets, waiting for good deals compared to other products/companies, and so on, I came across the speed circuit test pipe. I contacted Dino and made my purchase. I received an email on June 8th for my tracking number and showed the delivery date of June 14th. There i saw it on the fedex tracking Delivered June 14th at 2:31 pm. I had it mailed over to my grandmas house. I was at work though, very excited to see it finally arrived. I got off work, headed over to my grandmas house to hang out with her and to pick it up.

The packaging:
When i got it. It had a big whole in the corner of the box it came in which kinda worried me a little bit, and a hole in the middle of the box, hoping nothing that could of fallen out or have got damaged during shipping( went through 3 states it showed before it got to me). The middle hole just made it easier to open though .

I opened the box and the test pipe was fully covered in small bubble wrap. Gasket and bolts together in one plastic.

How i feel about the part:
When i first opened the box, the first thing i said out loud was YEE!!! excited to have my first mod and to say the test pipe quality, welds, weight is awesome, nothing but great words for this piece. I went for this part because i felt like for the price of this 3 inch piece coming with a o2 bung for a wideband and a o2 bung to prevent cel or ses made it worth it compared to others. I wont be installing this though until i get a exhaust so when that happens ill definitely post up a before and after post updated or so when ever that happens. ( i actually wanted to gather up all the parts i want and install everything at once, hopefully happen soon) or maybe ill install one by one to add to the reviews on how different it feels and all of that sort. Ill definitely post about it once installed and some under the car photos.

I not sure how exactly to post up photos except the thought of putting a link of it from flickr i just made like a few minutes ago
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
I made it able to view to the public, hopefully it works. Sorry im actually very tired and about to fall asleep haha.
Sorry these are from my phone. I can try to get better ones up if requested. My girl has my camera

Hopefully this review will help others too that are trying to decide on a test pipe. Also if anyone would love to give their opinions at all of the parts i have chosen, or know where i can get the best deal new or used, please please please let me know, PM ME. Any other information to know at all will also be appreciated it.

Last but not least i wanna thank again [email protected] circuit for everything, great customer service, a great part. Would recommend them to anyone

Last edited by Mariel; 06-18-2011 at 08:00 AM.
Mariel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2011, 10:24 PM   #2
on2it
Dr. Evo?

good first mod, dont forget to check out this mods path list thread to consider your options.. also post back when youve installed and driven with it for awhile.

https://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33220

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current|HKS UICP|HKS Filter|HKS racing suction pipe kit|Modified Stock Exhaust|EcuTek FQ360 tune|ETS 3.5FMIC|Swift Springs|ACT ME-HDSS|ACT Streetlite Flywheel|
Installing
|FIC 1100cc injectors|K27 Surgetank kit+ Bosch044|
To Come
|BB FPGreen|Kelford Cams|Perrin3port|Perrin Bov|Tomei FPRegulator |Tomei FP guage|
on2it is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2011, 07:47 AM   #3
Mariel
Just Spooling Up

Oh sweet my review finally showed up! haha. I remember when i hit submit it said it had to go through admins first or something like that. I was actually waiting to gather up more parts then install it all at once, or maybe ill install one by one to add to the reviews on how different it feels and all of that sort. Ill definitely post about it once installed and some under the car photos.

Last edited by Mariel; 06-18-2011 at 07:55 AM.
Mariel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 07:05 PM   #4
pepin10
Just Spooling Up

nice choice.. and dont baby it too much cuz thats wen it starts to break!
pepin10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement