Evo IX Haters? - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X General General discussion on the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Old 06-16-2011, 12:59 AM   #1
onelove4uk

Evo IX Haters?

What are your experiences with passing by or driving behind/in front of an Evo IX? So far, every time I see an X, I'll wave or flash my headlights and they'll do the same back if not before me. Every time I've seen a IX, there is no response. They'll either just ignore me completely or try to show that theirs is better. Such a shame. I get better responses out of STI's. Half the time they're friendly...
onelove4uk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2011, 01:02 AM   #2
Optiblue
X-phile

That's because the X looks like a regular lancer
Old 06-16-2011, 01:06 AM   #3
bigmike311
[CCEvo VP]

i was on my way back from teh beach this weekend and there was a mazda speed six, miata, old supra and a iX leading teh pack well they were going somewhat slow for the interstate so i passed them and got in front of them for my exit well when they all passed me 2 of the 4 cars had their hands out the window giving me a thumbs down. the supra and the IX were the 2. honestly only the 2nd iX owner ive come accross that was a dueche.

SSP sponsored
SSP tuned by kozmic27 358WHP 312Tq

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bigmike311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 01:09 AM   #4
onelove4uk

That's true but the same is also kinda true about the IX (altho I'll agree the X looks more like the regular lancer). Either way, another Evo owner should be able to distinguish an X from a regular lancer based on the hood vents and my big spoiler
Old 06-16-2011, 01:09 AM   #5
lallen3
Forum Addict

They seem neutral here. I know a couple of IX owners who are OK, and I know a few more who are dicks. They usually hang out at JMS tuning (the dicks).
lallen3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2011, 01:14 AM   #6
dylphill85
Forum Lackey

My buddy with an 8 wants to trade me so bad! I just laugh!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Need a plastic seat cover. Bitches be messing themselves under full boost
Quote:
Trying to decide if tuner wars are more or less awkward to watch than cripple fights.
dylphill85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2011, 01:18 AM   #7
onelove4uk

That sucks BigMike, but at least it wasn't an embarrassing situation like I had once. I was behind a IX (not tailing or anything), he was driving average speed and then came to a traffic light to take a right....he sped up and took the turn real quick and then let it rip. Unfortunately when I also accelerated and tried to take the turn at the same speed, I skidded a bit and tires screeched. To make things worse, the dude was in his 50's and had his wife next to him! Not sure if he had mods or not. I've always wondered if the IX has better handling/cornering or if I just suck. He didn't drift or anything, it was a clean turn...
Old 06-16-2011, 01:30 AM   #8
Evo_Freak
[Local Team Member]

most of the IX owners locally act like their shit dont stink cause they have an Evo that wasnt sold in Canada which makes them so exclusive

Evo_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2011, 01:33 AM   #9
Asleep
Just Spooling Up

i personally think the 8's and 9's look more like lancers than the x's do. id really like to have an 8 though.
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2011, 01:34 AM   #10
Keshav707
Forum Lackey

I was driving from Peoria to Chicago and met a 9 on the way. I was in no mood to race since my gf sitting beside me yells when I drive fast. So the 9 guy came along side honked and took off, lol I wasn't gonna fall for that so I kept going. A mile later I find him driving slow waiting for me to catch up, then he repeated the same thing. As soon as he accelerated this time there was a trooper parked at the shoulder. I saw him getting pulled over in my rear view. I couldn't resist grinning.
RallyRed Evo X GSR SSS * CNT Racing RS catback * T1r Resonated testpipe * Cobb SF Intake * ETS 3.5" FMIC * Grimmspeed 3-port * APT UICP * H&R Springs * Whiteline RCK * Volk ce28n 10.5 * Continental DWS 275* Rally Armor * Works SS w/bushings * JS Racing * Bride Interior Kit
Keshav707 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement