Autopower Rollbar First Impressions - Page 11 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Racing > Track
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Track Discussion for track driving techniques, events and results.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:33 PM   #101
morricus
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis3as3d View Post
Do you have any pictures of this install? I was just looking at the Kozmic kit yesterday. I DD my car, and this is the first I've heard of any side effects of running a surge tank.
I don't. My car is asleep for the winter in the garage. My install looks exactly like the pics that Kozmic has, nothing different. I'm very satisfied with the product, don't get me wrong. But still has a slight gas smell.
Sponsored by TF-Works

TF-Works built 2.0
Full-Race 7064 turbo kit
Dodson Clubman
Kozmic/Adam Tune
Kozmic K27 Surge Tank, SSP Cooler
MOMO seats
Aquamist HFS-3 Meth kit
Stop-Tech Big Brake Kit, Carbotech XP 24/12 pads
Mishimoto X-line, oil cooler
Stance Pro Comp 2 Coilovers
morricus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2013, 07:01 PM   #102
dkevox
[Team IEG VP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis3as3d View Post
Do you have any pictures of this install? I was just looking at the Kozmic kit yesterday. I DD my car, and this is the first I've heard of any side effects of running a surge tank.
From my research into surge tanks, it seems that anytime you run fuel lines into the cabin of the vehicle that you should expect a gas smell.

Also be aware that morricus doesn't have a back seat and his trunk area is wide open into the cabin. If you have the back seat it'd probably help.

Quote:
Hey Ddawgg, you know what would be funny? I'll bring you some Taco Bell breakfast food at Evopalooza, ya know, like a joke. It'll be hilarious, I can't wait....oh...hold on a sec. I got ahead of myself, I forgot your a giagantic douche that would rather go to a wedding then dominate a road course. Nevermind....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

---------------------------
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
--------------------------
dkevox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2013, 08:17 PM   #103
Exyia
Forum Lackey

here in Houston, Kozmic crew warned me something changed about our local pump gas and the fuel smell is MUCH worse these days (experienced first hand on a customer's car). for our pump gas, I was told the fumes were very very potent. some change they made to the additives I believe. E85 is still fine though

but I still opted to upgrade to PTFE lines to avoid the fuel smell. Even though I'll probably stay on E85, I didn't want to cheap out and potentially regret it - PTFE is expensive

just things to keep in mind for surge tank people

Kozmic Motorsports
GTWorx / Race Comp Engineering
Forced Induction Development
Whiteline
Exyia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 10:06 PM   #104
razorlab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highgain10 View Post
I was just looking at this the other day. Judging by sifting through pics, the 8/9 floor boards seem to be a bit thinner in the mounting area than an X. If I was putting one in a 8/9 I probably would use and additional plate, but our X's look fine without it.
I was at the track years ago with a Evo that tripped and literally came down first on the right rear C pillar area, the right side of the bolt in roll bar (TCdesigns, same one I had in my 8 below) took pretty much all of the force (after the roof) and it did not punch through the floor. However, the floor was a good inch or so dented from the impact.

razorlab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2013, 10:20 PM   #105
dkevox
[Team IEG VP]

Thanks for the experienced reply. Sorry you went through that, but glad to know it was better for it to be there then not.

Quote:
Hey Ddawgg, you know what would be funny? I'll bring you some Taco Bell breakfast food at Evopalooza, ya know, like a joke. It'll be hilarious, I can't wait....oh...hold on a sec. I got ahead of myself, I forgot your a giagantic douche that would rather go to a wedding then dominate a road course. Nevermind....

Old 04-03-2014, 05:52 PM   #106
dkevox
[Team IEG VP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAss View Post
Passenger side under floor mount
So I was looking through your pics. I ended up with my bar about 2"-3" further back. I didn't get any close up pics, but I had the bar basically butted as far back as I could get it.

I ended up having to cut that plastic air guide under the floorboard to clear one of the bolts.

Doubt it really matters though. As everyone said, it was obviously a very solid mount and I trust it.

I also used the stock hardware and it was perfect length for if you cut through the carpet and mount it to the floorboard directly. Was able to tighten down both nuts with ~1/8th inch of excess bolt sticking out.

Quote:

Old 04-03-2014, 06:33 PM   #107
Highgain10
Just Spooling Up

Hopefully I'll be able to get mine in in the very near future.
NASA Midwest CMC (Camaro Mustang Challenge) #221
-'84 Camaro (wheel to wheel)
Previous:
NASA Midwest Time Trials TTB #221
-Evo retired from racing and back to street duty with
a baby seat in the back (Yes, it's a Recaro)
Highgain10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2014, 06:49 PM   #108
Iowa999
Just Spooling Up

I've never done the "drive-by" post where you put up a picture and then run away and hide. I believe that you're not suppose to babble (as I'm doing right now), but, as I said, I haven't done this before.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2ppneae.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	158578  
Iowa999 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2014, 07:20 PM   #109
dkevox
[Team IEG VP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa999 View Post
I've never done the "drive-by" post where you put up a picture and then run away and hide. I believe that you're not suppose to babble (as I'm doing right now), but, as I said, I haven't done this before.
And I've liked all your posts till now :/

Topic and that photo have been

Quote:

Old 04-03-2014, 08:24 PM   #110
Iowa999
Just Spooling Up

Note to self: you suck at the internets. Never try to be cool with a picture or attempt at a meme. You're too frickin' old. Your VCR says that it's 12:00 ... 12:00 ... 12:00. You have a VCR in the first place. Don't ever try this again.
Iowa999 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement