Its Been to Long..Advice Needed! - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X General General discussion on the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Old 11-21-2017, 08:50 PM   #1
ZeroEvoX
Just Spooling Up

Its Been to Long..Advice Needed!

Hello All,
I was a frequent Member of this site years ago when i had my GG 08 GSR.
Been threw a few cars since and its time for me to pickup a new ride.... i was pretty much set on a pre owned m235i or a civic type r , until i found a 15 RR Final edition @ a dealer local to me. It has 39 miles on it and has been sitting, i assume for a while .
I loved my X, Never gave me any issues, Modded it pretty well too. its not very refined, but i think thats why i liked it so much. The MSRP is $38895.00 , There asking 44k. Should i bother trying to beat them up or just go for one of the other cars im looking at. Anyone have any issues with their 15'?
Thanks for any info and opinions you guys can offer,

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2017, 09:00 PM   #2
Digsonly22
Just Spooling Up

Negotiate over $50k when all said and done, lowball especially if itís been sitting there; theyíll want it off the lot.

Also depends on what style your going for, a car you already know about vs a new car which means new problems.

To each as own though canít beat the performance of our platform thatís why I havenít traded or sold mine, couldnít found a equal for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PROCOM TUNED:
MUSTANG DYNO 431WHP & 356WTQ @25LBS

STOCK BLOCK
ETS TUB MANI
AMS FUEL RAIL
STOCK FRAME GTX3576R
AMS INTERCOOLER
AMS UICP AND LICP
AMS INTAKE
AMS DP
TOPSPEED RACING TP AND CATBACK
AMS UNDERHOOD & BASE BUSHINGS
TIAL QR BOV
DW65C
ID1000

Digsonly22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2017, 01:38 AM   #3
FurtadoZ9
Just Spooling Up

My msrp was around 40k. Negotiated 3k off, they will budge.
FurtadoZ9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2017, 02:20 AM   #4
Zombie_Jon_78

I have a 15 gsr with no problems other than no recaros and a noisy oil pump which I have read is common.
Zombie_Jon_78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2017, 04:40 AM   #5
LagunaBlueAP2
Just Spooling Up

I’m getting old, brother. So I’m voting for the comfort and smoothness of the BMW M235.
LagunaBlueAP2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2017, 04:41 AM   #6
LagunaBlueAP2
Just Spooling Up

Not to mention quietness.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:44 PM   #7
ZeroEvoX
Just Spooling Up

So went to look at the Evo today, sales manager wont budge... 44k firm.. Looks like m235 is where im going. He keeps saying "its number 1 " like i give a shit, its only worth the extra 6kk over sticker if someone is willing to pay for it. Its already been sitting there for 2 years is this guy nuts? I hate car salesmen, Then he got offended when i said im going to shop his price hahahaha
Old 11-22-2017, 07:41 PM   #8
LagunaBlueAP2
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroEvoX View Post
So went to look at the Evo today, sales manager wont budge... 44k firm.. Looks like m235 is where im going. He keeps saying "its number 1 " like i give a shit, its only worth the extra 6kk over sticker if someone is willing to pay for it. Its already been sitting there for 2 years is this guy nuts? I hate car salesmen, Then he got offended when i said im going to shop his price hahahaha
Freaking sweet. What color BMW you gonna get?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2017, 05:20 PM   #9
FurtadoZ9
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroEvoX View Post
It's #1 of 1600? It's rally red right? Last I heard it was sold at an auction for 46k. Surprised to find it at a dealership with virtually no mileage.
FurtadoZ9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2017, 06:13 PM   #10
AiZ
Just Spooling Up

Huh, really? I'd be surprised it's not in someone's car collection to be honest.

I love my car, but if I didn't love it so much I think there are better options nowadays. It's a 10 year old platform already that didn't see that many changes over its lifetime. Cars came a long way since then.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AiZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement