Straight pipe exhaust??? - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Performance
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Performance General discussion for performance topics that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.
Sponsored by:

Old 06-12-2012, 04:26 AM   #1
geronimo!
Just Spooling Up

Straight pipe exhaust???

Is it really a ugly ricey thing or can I actually get some props. It's a 3" tbe full straight pipe exhaust my buddy is an Evo guru on socalevo.net and says that is a no way jose don't waist the money. But its only $160??? What do you think.. advice please. Love the sound its so raw and I guess that's what makes it sound like an exhaust leak and not for an Evo but yes for SRT-4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
This goes for everyone....... It's your money, do as you please. Please yourself, and don't MOD your car for anyone else but yourself. There are way too many " Should I buy This or That " threads. Your letting your car be built by others inputs. Yes you pulled the trigger but you were swayed by opinions.
geronimo! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2012, 04:31 AM   #2
pistolpete69916
Forum Addict

Without a muffler, its going to be fucking loud, like embarrassing.
pistolpete69916 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2012, 04:40 AM   #3
GSXRiderK6
Forum Lackey

If you have to ask after your buddy already told you, then he's not a guru...but I'd agree with him.
GSXRiderK6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 04:50 AM   #4
geronimo!
Just Spooling Up

^ I came from a 05cbr600rr with a two Bros slip on and I love the throatiness of those sounds but I did agree with him but that is one thing I will give to the SRT-4 family is the sound of their exhaust amazing but I guess I am solo in this. Modds can delete this thread. I can already see the jokes coming

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
This goes for everyone....... It's your money, do as you please. Please yourself, and don't MOD your car for anyone else but yourself. There are way too many " Should I buy This or That " threads. Your letting your car be built by others inputs. Yes you pulled the trigger but you were swayed by opinions.
geronimo! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2012, 01:53 PM   #5
joey
Dr. Evo?

I have a straight exhaust and its pretty good. I dont think theres anything wrong with it

Old 06-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #6
[email protected]
[Local Team Member]

I had a straight pipe on my X and my GT-R.....and it was just waaay to loud, and got pretty embarrassing when driving it around on the street. Not to mention the X with a straight pipe pretty much sounded like my exhaust just fell off. It did NOT sound all bad ass full race.....IMHO it sounded like shit. GT-R was a little better, but people just looked at me like something was wrong with my car....not all enamored on how bad ass it sounded.

I'm all for my cars getting attention, but I was getting the "Civic with a fart can type of attention" which was NOT the look I was going for.

Not sure how the Police are in your area, but you might get some unwanted attention from those guys as well. I'd say if you're looking for stupid loud exhaust, get an electronic cut out, or a external dump. Straight pipe exhaust IMHO is for the track, not the street!

Jeremy@SSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #7
Malves85
[Local Team Member]

Why is it so cheap? Is it good quality stainless steel? 304 or 401 or something like that.
I'd be weary of any and all cheap products. Look at the vendors on here for a good quality exhaust. ETS and AMS made good loud exhausts. Fred Beans, DSG and MAP carry other companies.

Malves85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #8
rotorglow_evox
Forum Lackey

i have stock DP,test pipe and from that is straight pipe to a y split for the dual's it sound great not loud at all but a deep growl maybe because i still have stock DP

2010 RG GSR SSS
rotorglow_evox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #9
geezespeed
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I'm all for my cars getting attention, but I was getting the "Civic with a fart can type of attention" which was NOT the look I was going for.
This is such the case.

Now rockin' Apex RS and couldn't be happier. Low-end has returned.

OP, I'm in Socal and have a 3" CP-e cat-back straight pipe setup for sale. Been trying to get rid of it for months. 140 and it's yours man. It's also posted up on Socalevo dot net.
You get excellent performance but your trade off is Luxury, mpg, comfort, quality and just about EVERYTHING else. To anybody who wants to be smart about their money (which is how 99.9% of buyers want to be), the evo is a horrible choice.
Quote:
BTW If you bought an EVO hoping it was gonna have Toyota-like maintenance costs, then you made a serious error.
Quote:
good pickup, you made the right move. No reason to stay in an evo if you can afford a GTR.
geezespeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2012, 05:09 AM   #10
xVforVelocityx
X-phile

Here you go, this should help with your decision

xVforVelocityx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement