2015 ralliart project - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > '09+ Lancer Ralliart > '09+ Ralliart Build Journals
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

'09+ Ralliart Build Journals Build journals specifically for the Lancer Ralliart. One thread per build. Be sure to read the sticky.

Old 05-11-2019, 12:39 PM   #1
Bjsmith098
n00b

Sort of new to the group....I've been collecting parts and researching my car on here and other sources. This site has been very helpful to me to say the least. Anyway I wanted a new project so picked up the ralliart after learning a bit about it. last oct. I began my build Buying used evo x parts exhaust mani, turbo, intercooler and piping, Bov etc. Realizing I would want something different I decided to rebuild the stock x turbo with a 20g 11 blade billet compressor wheel and housing with an upgraded thrust bearing. I also ported and polished the exhaust mani and hot side of my turbo. That's the meat and potatoes of course I added more bolt ons to help. Divoraced dp, 850cc Bosch injectors, test pipe, cpe cat back, Perrin 3 port, map intake, braided oil feed and colant lines, boost/af gauge, self made gauge pod, tein lowering springs and relocated my battery to the trunk I believe that's the entire list. Nervous and unsure how to really go about getting everything installed I made the leap and took the car apart and installed everything......what a pain in my a## removing the stock turbo and brackets die grinders cutting wheels dremel you name it I used it lol. So three long weeks later everything is installed. I called up a local shop my buddy referred me to Boosting performace. This is my first time building a car fyi, I'm a mechanic for a chemical plant so I like to think I'm mechanically inclined to do this work but still am very nervous about leaks, turbo problems etc. These guys at boosting made my nerves calm down as soon as I spoke with them they were so nice to offer any help whether it was advice over the phone or an appintment to get some work done. Either way I was working crazy hours and they hooked me up with a super quick appointment for a pro tune and even stayed late for me to get my car dropped off and picked up unexpectedly. So if your like I was (nervous about the unknowns) these guys really made me feel good about everything. I dropped the car Monday it was done the next day. 340 hp 310 tq stang dyno. The car was amazing and responsive. Drove it home and loved every second until I Noticed it running lean under boost all the sudden. I called the shop as they had closed for the day but buy 8 am rhe next day I had a voice mail to call the shop. I called they worked me through checking vacum lines boost leak test etc. Just a ton of support on there end thankfully!!!!! Anyway the fuel pressure boost line from intake mani to pressure regulator had popped off. I zip tied it, delt with a few more issues from my own fault during installation and it performed flawless. I had alot of headaches, fun, blood , sweat, tears during this build but nothing beats knowing I built this car and the turbo myself. I wanted to give a huge shout out to this forum and boosting performance for all the help, information, and mostly the awesome people I reached out to for all the perfessonalism, knowledge and respect people had. I couldn't do it without the support. It's not common to have strangers take time out of there lives to help or a performance shop like this to be so flexible with me and really take whatever time necessary to make sure I was 100% satisfied with there work. Thank you everyone!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190505_115730_1557578331667.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	279834   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190421_124533_1557578489727.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	279838   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190407_082906_1557578528890.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	279840   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190301_150331_1557578600711.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	605.9 KB
ID:	279842   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190510_121131_1557578900852.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	253.8 KB
ID:	279844  

Last edited by Bjsmith098; 05-11-2019 at 12:48 PM.
Bjsmith098 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement