Still working on BS prep... - Page 35 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Racing > Auto-X
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Auto-X Discussion for autocross techniques, events and results.

Old 03-12-2019, 08:36 PM   #341
Cbusrehab
n00b

I just ordered the extreme contact sports to replace my worn out all season tires on the OEM wheels. This will be the daily driver set and wet tires if needed. I have them on my other car and like them and they seem to be highly regarded as a wet autocross tire.

I won't order the dry tires for another month or so since it is still pretty cold in the midwest. I'm trying to find someone that will put 275's on a 8.5 inch wheel that around me.

I am leaning towards the BFG's at the moment.
Cbusrehab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2019, 08:52 PM   #342
MrAWD
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbusrehab View Post
I am leaning towards the BFG's at the moment.
I don't think you will go wrong with either BFGs or RE71s. Differences are rather small and dig into preference, driving style, outside temps, and position of the moon.

I personally don't like how hot my RE71s get and I don't believe that is optimal for them. Since, I have never ran Rivals, I can't compare them. But, the word is that BFGs handle higher temps better. Now, since they switch to version 1.5 from 1.0 in 275/35/18 size, it brings another variable into the calculation.

Now, BFG does offer much better contingency support, so for some that would be important as well.
  • camber: -1.9/-1.5 Front, -1.7/-1.6 Rear
  • toe: 0 all
  • RE71 275/35/18s: 34/28 F/R
  • Enkei PF01 silver: 18x8.5
  • Whiteline FSB full stiff, end links

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    doubles, external canisters
  • OEM replacement rotors:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  • Porterfield R4S - Carbotech AX6 were ON|OFF switch, squeled like pigs, and made lots of dust

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    adjustable front sway-bar brackets

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsor:

MrAWD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2019, 06:43 PM   #343
Prime12
Just Spooling Up

doooooom

Nationals here I come
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	811.4 KB
ID:	279630   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	322.3 KB
ID:	279632  

Prime12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2019, 06:52 PM   #344
MrAWD
Just Spooling Up

Watch out D-Street! Prime12 is ready!!
  • camber: -1.9/-1.5 Front, -1.7/-1.6 Rear
  • toe: 0 all
  • RE71 275/35/18s: 34/28 F/R
  • Enkei PF01 silver: 18x8.5
  • Whiteline FSB full stiff, end links

doubles, external canisters
  • OEM replacement rotors:
  • Porterfield R4S - Carbotech AX6 were ON|OFF switch, squeled like pigs, and made lots of dust

adjustable front sway-bar brackets

Sponsor:

MrAWD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2019, 01:36 PM   #345
Prime12
Just Spooling Up

First dry event of the season yesterday. I have not dialed the new rear shocks in yet but even at 9 clicks of rebound the car was much looser than before.

Easily won my class and PAX'd 10/172.

Results here.

Old 04-20-2019, 03:19 AM   #346
Cbusrehab
n00b

Those shocks look great, I looked into the MCS but didn't pull the trigger due to price.

I decided to go with what I know and got a new set of RE71s. Stepped up to 275s. My first event is in Toledo next weekend on concrete. I'm hoping its dry.
Old 05-02-2019, 05:31 PM   #347
Cbusrehab
n00b

https://youtu.be/HQ4BvaLLAR0

I can't figure out how to embed the video but this is the link to my fastest run.

I ended up 11 in PAX, my first time on concrete in over 10 years.
Old 05-02-2019, 05:58 PM   #348
Prime12
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbusrehab View Post
https://youtu.be/HQ4BvaLLAR0

I can't figure out how to embed the video but this is the link to my fastest run.

I ended up 11 in PAX, my first time on concrete in over 10 years.
Congrats! Looks like a solid finish in a competitive region.

Doing Nats I hope?

Old 05-03-2019, 04:23 PM   #349
Cbusrehab
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime12 View Post

Doing Nats I hope?
That is my plan at the moment. I am going to do a few more events at Toledo and the tour in Peru, IN to get more experience on concrete.

Are you doing nationals?
Old 05-03-2019, 04:30 PM   #350
Prime12
Just Spooling Up

Yessir We will show those pesky Focus RS's .

Also excited about the Finger Lakes tour just two weeks away but I feel I need more time to dial in the shocks :/.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement