Walbro 450 install - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Performance
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Performance General discussion for performance topics that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.
Sponsored by:

Old 05-21-2019, 05:00 PM   #1
mrnenad

Walbro 450 install

Hi guys need som advice have read serveral different things about the 450. Some hardwire some dont, some drill 3/32 some say dont need to.... I have a radium fuel rail and fuel damper, OEM fpr wanna run original wiring. Do i need to drill?

Of to the tuner next week
mrnenad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2019, 02:43 AM   #2
jonhix
n00b

I have one as well. You’ll need a install kit, no need to hardwire. I soldered mine in and it runs great. No problems. I did drill my Venturi and got MAP AFPR kit for it. Works like a dream.
jonhix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2019, 04:33 PM   #3
mrnenad

Ok ty will do that

Old 05-22-2019, 05:55 PM   #4
mikelbring

Mines drilled, OEM wiring, OEM FPR -- making 650whp
mikelbring is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2019, 05:58 PM   #5
mrnenad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelbring View Post
Mines drilled, OEM wiring, OEM FPR -- making 650whp
Great! Just waitin on my cobb holder now
Old 05-23-2019, 02:12 AM   #6
INTIMAZY
n00b

Results may vary. I ran a factory wired variable voltage with a -6an feed and AMS rail to a stock return, stock FPR and drilled out venturi but had unstable fuel pressures. At idle it would suddenly lean just driving around town and at WOT on E-SPEC's dyno it had very variable and unpredictable fuel delivery. He flat out told me not to autoX the car because he didn't know what the motor was fueling under boost. Didn't behave differently at full tank or nearly empty. I have a dyno sheet if anyone brilliant wants to critique but I just gave up on the idea of treating the wally 450 as a real drop in.

I ended up going the most expensive and overkill approach with a hardwired Wally 450 in a Radium hanger, Aeromotive FPR with a -8 feed and -6 return. No fuel issues anymore. Never really found out where the problem was.
Royal Jade Pearl SC300 (2JZ-GE+W58 --> 1JZ-GTE+R154+EFR9180)
Redline Red Trackhawk (Hellcat)
INTIMAZY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2019, 01:49 AM   #7
gintense
n00b

The light load fuel issues are generally related to the injectors cutting in and out due to high fuel pressure augmenting the required dead times (it takes an injector longer to open as the rail pressure increases). It's important to have stable idle fuel pressure when tuning OEM ecu as it affects your overall injector scaling.

4G63 and 4B11 factory issue fuel regs don't seem to flow enough, we've seen over 80psi idle fuel pressure with an inline gauge with the factory return. Most common pumps on the market won't last long sitting at that pressure for extended periods, and the chance of a failure is significantly higher.

Also, it's poor practice to retain OEM wiring with these high current pumps. I would revisit the wiring in a few weeks and see if it's degrading. You'll find it's running around 20-30 degrees above ambient after a few hours driving.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* Full complement angular contact ceramic ball bearing
* Point milled 3D geometry compressor wheels
* Ultralight mixed flow turbine wheels
* Low rotational inertia design
Evolution 1-3 RS-series (500-650hp)
Evolution 4-9 RS-series (550-725hp)
Evolution X RS-series (575-750hp)

Last edited by gintense; 06-07-2019 at 02:03 AM.
gintense is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement