Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

The One Thing You Dont Like About Your EVO X

80K views 738 replies 369 participants last post by  vilesyntax 
#1 ·
Now there are tons of threads of all the amazing things the car can do. What I would like to hear is If there is one thing you could change about your EVO X what would it be? (Not counting mods and more power thats a given) More like what is your one complaint about the car(Like the Paint Chip Issue). Since alot of the people here actually own an EVO I figure everyone has alteast one annoyance. Im not trying to start an EVO bashing thread. Im about to buy one im just curious what owners have to say

#43 · (Edited)
Very good question:

1. Cleaning the wheels... Damn it takes so much time...
2. For the people who have the Bluetooth device for the phone. When I say DIAL... and speak up the number. Why do we have to wait until the lady inside the hood speak the number back to you... if you look at the dash and the number is correct why can't we just hit the call button again and vuala!! make the call...:mad:

#45 ·
Mr Clean Magic Eraser for wheels helps... alot.

#47 ·
I hate the fact that I didn't spend the extra cash on the SSS package, because I really want the HID headlights. Went to the dealer two days ago and those suckers are something like 1400 a piece he said. Oh and that blinker thing too, my hearing isn't the greatest working around jets everyday, and that damn thing is so quiet I have to visually verify that I even turned it on/off.

#48 ·
My Day with an EVO X

I still do not own an EVO yet, but I had one all day why I was trying to make a deal. I came home empty handed today:( I would say if i was going to write down what my biggest complaint it would have to be the lack of the 6th gear. One other complaint about the is how long the throws are between gears. That may be why alot of the test have the MR faster on the track.
I see what you guys are saying about turn signal, and I was laughing when i was test driving. I had to tell the salesman why i was laughing. (Salesman was incredible, he has to be on the forums he answered everyone of my questions)
Blind spots are not near as bad as my current car, and the wing on the car i drove had the extra lip on it.
As far a seeing over the dash I had no problem. I'm only 5'9 and I felt like I was looking right at the street in front of me. Again in my current car the seats feel like you are lounging back and the car is about the size of a 5 series BMW, so I guess it is what you are used to.
Road noise wasn't to bad at all. Engine noise is way more than I'm used too, but I expected that. The car did not have any rattles on the test drive, but I would expect some (all cars have rattles in my experience).
I have to talk about one really great part of the car. The dealership I went to is right next to a mile of cars worth of dealerships. They have kinda of a build in track for the cars for a test drive. Ive never actually drifted a car very good. I swear the back end went out and just kinda slid around one of the S turns. It was the coolest experiences I have ever had on a test drive. The car felt well under control the whole time. usually when I do something like that i scare the crap out of myself. Completely impressed with my day out with an EVO X. Now I just need to go back and buy it!!!!

#49 ·
Dude, from seeing this and then your other 2 threads (how to convince the wife, and would you walk away over a 1k difference.) I mean, common man. Your wife thinks you can afford an M3 so it means this car is not like a financial strain. and 36k out the door is a BARGAIN! You know you love the car (as you rightfully should since its badass) so go buy it!

I bet that you buy the car tomorrow, you know you can't resist. And you will not regret it at all, it is all it's hyped to be and sooo much more.

#50 ·
I'm going to get it more than likely. I just have to feel that I got the best deal I could get. Its part of the fun of buying the car. Plus I think they will come down the 1k which is still 20 dollars a month. The car had all the options you mentioned and all the body moldings on the bottom. I looks killer. If i get it Ill post some pics

#51 · (Edited)
$1000 bucks is a grand. I wish I had a spare g' right about now. Keep shopping. $20 per month is 240 a year. That could go in the tank

After some bs negotiations with the local dealer stooges I called South Coast straight away. 24 hours later and a short plane ride (South Coast' saleman picked me up at the Airport) I was driving my spankin' new WW up the sunny Cali coast and I got a sick deal. On top of that they filled the tank ftw:rock:

To celebrate I stopped at IN & Out in Santa Barbara on the beach for a pair of double doubles w/chees, fries and strawberry shake

#52 ·
My only complaint is that I cant even see when I leave the blinkers on .. They are like tucked behind the guages and being 5'8" (I'm a girl tho) the steering wheel is in the perfect spot to block that also .. So I leave the damn things on all the time ..

And it needs a 6th gear ..

#53 ·
My only complaint is that I cant even see when I leave the blinkers on .. They are like tucked behind the guages and being 5'8" (I'm a girl tho) the steering wheel is in the perfect spot to block that also .. So I leave the damn things on all the time ..
I had the same problem. The wheel has a tilt. I had to readjust the seat after moving the wheel, so that it felt comfortable, and then move the wheel again, and then the seat again...
but I found a comfortable position where I could see all of the gauge cluster.
BTW I am also 5'8"

#54 · (Edited)
yep the gauges are blocked...my custom seat spacers/adjusters solved that problem. Simple aluminum blocks from 6061 bar stock. They allowed me to use a higher angle on the tilt' and give me a clear shot at the dash. My blindspots are now not so blind. To help I removed the rear headrests as well. I now sit a little higher giving me more leverage on the shifter,throttle and clutch. My ankles were fatigued from the extreme angle I was using. Never had that happen in any car.

It really improved my driving experience. Without them I felt 'blind'...driving by mirrors too much.

I'm going to post a DIY when I tear it down again if anyone is interested

Cost me all of 15 dollars and an hour of my time.

#57 ·
Couple minor nits:

1) blinkers... I can never hear them, and run around like grandpa all day with them on

2) wiper & light controls are hidden behind the steering wheel, and I tend to adjust my intermittent control a lot, so I find this very annoying

3) wheel gap! I love how the car rides, but wow I wished it looked more like the prototype-X

4) shift boot is made from such cheap material

5) non color-matched wheel vents (on the GSR), I wish they were all matched like the MR

#58 ·
Thought up another thing I don't like...

The range on the keys is horrendous (I think lol...) I have the fast key now and as such never really use the lock feature on the key chain. However, I had the lancer GTS before the evo and without the fast key system. Since I believe the keys for the GTS and Evo are pretty much identical, then I would assume that the range on the Evo is as horrendous as with the GTS. The range is like 1/10th that of any other key I've had. soo... Fast Key FTW.

#67 ·
Ha, the brake dust is really pretty crazy. I like to think of it as an off grey powder coat that i don't have to clean :D

#82 ·
Any Acura RL/TL/TSX as well-ridiculous. Last year I was with a friend in a rental car and I had the RL and he has a TSX. Now mind you this was a Mercury Grand Marquis, and we were laughing like hell because it had like HALF the F%$#@ radius to turn as our cars. RWD will do that, but still it seemed absurd.:shades:

#72 ·
1 seat is too low, makes an average person feel like a midget, i find myself constantly leaning foward to see the front right corner of the hood to pull into my small garage.
2 the fact that i have to remove a plastic panel to change the oil....i removed the plastic from underneath because i got tired of playing hide and seek when i drop a tool.
3 handles corners well but the turning radius really sucks
4 transmission is notchy in 1-2 and 2-3....unless you gun it, then its smooth as a hot knife through butter.
5 ITS TOO QUIET...but a simple replacement of the intake and exhaust fixes that right up.
6 why doesnt a turbo timer come stock....i find that to be a necessity with any turbo car.
7 blind spots...backing up is especially fun
8 lol turn signals....

but i still love my evo.

#75 ·
1 seat is too low, makes an average person feel like a midget, i find myself constantly leaning foward to see the front right corner of the hood to pull into my small garage.
2 the fact that i have to remove a plastic panel to change the oil....i removed the plastic from underneath because i got tired of playing hide and seek when i drop a tool.
3 handles corners well but the turning radius really sucks
4 transmission is notchy in 1-2 and 2-3....unless you gun it, then its smooth as a hot knife through butter.
5 ITS TOO QUIET...but a simple replacement of the intake and exhaust fixes that right up.
6 why doesnt a turbo timer come stock....i find that to be a necessity with any turbo car.
7 blind spots...backing up is especially fun
8 lol turn signals....
but i still love my evo.[/

+1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.