Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

AEM Transmission Temp Gauge

18K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  doibugu2 
#1 ·
I am having a problem right now. I have no idea where to hook up my temperature gauge to monitor my tranny temps. I know how to run it from the interior to the engine bay and such, just not sure where to plug it in?

Anyone had any success with doing this before?

#2 ·
For your tranny temp Gauge to be as accurate as possible you need to place it the closest to your clutches as possible. I don't know how you could accomplish that since your Stock pan cover is plastic(lol).

Look into getting the ssp slim, or deep sump oil pan. Those come with a temp sensor bung already setup.

If you ask gunzo he set one up to read temps, but I don't know exactly where he installed it.

#3 ·

#5 ·
Well if it's not one of those 3 I don't have a clue where it's hiding...

#6 ·
Couple random bolts under the car...

#7 ·
The black nipple looks like a drain for the transfer case.

#9 ·
I would like to know this as well.
I'm sick of my tranny overheating and the display telling me to slow down when I'm not even moving yet!
It would be nice to monitor this temp!

#12 ·
Not a great idea as I'm sure there is moving parts, drums, clutch, bands etc. in that area.

Best way to do it would be to tap the pan OR put a tee where the fluid comes OUT of the transmission to the cooler. That way you know the temps of the fluid AS it comes out. So the temp reading you get is the actual fluid temp IN the transmission or the highest degree of temp really.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.