Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

EVO X VS SRT4 AT the track

11K views 55 replies 23 participants last post by  byebye 
#1 · (Edited)
As title says what do you think will happen at the track (road course) with a srt4 neon vs The Evo x
I ask this because some fool in a srt4 thinks because he put xx amount of dollars into his car and it can go fast in a straight line that he can instantly beat a evo on a road course....

#6 ·
As title says what do you think will happen at the track with a srt4 neon vs The Evo x
I ask this because some fool in a srt4 thinks because he put xx amount of dollars into his car and it can go fast in a straight line that he can instantly beat a evo at a track..
Idk what you have done to your car but I had the same thing happen to me. Srt4 pulled up beside me at the track and asked what I had done to my car(2002 corvette). I told him it was stock and he just laughed. He said he was full stage 2 or 3 and had a little over 400 hp. Not sure how accurate that is for those cars bc idk about them. We raced and I beat him by 2 and a half car lengths.

#8 ·
Im basically stock lowered, with 615's for tires whiteline balljoint tierods..

Im not just talking abot me vs him tho just in general 2 he thinks that the evo is in the same class as a neon and im told him to get his facts stright no where near the same class.

#11 ·
Had plenty of those want to race me. Beat all of them. One guy has a built b18 and asked to race so we did an I beat him by a car length. He came back and asked to race again so I said sure. He smoked me. I asked him after the race if he sand bagged the first time and he said no. I asked how the hell he beat me and he said... 300 shot of nitrous.

Byebye I agree. They have great aftermarket. A guy at college had one that ran high 11's. Had a big turbo on it. Forget the size tho. They ended up putting a roll cage in it bc he was scared of the speed with no protection. Had to tell his mom it was a safety cage bc she would freak out over the power. Funny bc I went to an automotive high performance college and moms are still naive.

#13 ·
on a road course you'll kill him if you know how to drive a decent amount .... if hes putting down somewhere around 400HP tho, you better be a pretty good driver on the track ... anything under that kind of HP, you would kill him on a track without even knowing how to drive much loll, assuming the guys in your same ballpark of driving skills ... anyone who tells you that you would lose to an SRT-4 on a track (thats not a pro driver) doesnt know what the hell theyre talking about or has never been to a track , END OF STORY! Go rip him a new ******* with confidence my friend, just leave his ******* some room for the rest of us to rip :thumbup:

#15 ·
^^^ Actually yes he did!

As title says what do you think will happen at the track (road course) with a srt4 neon vs The Evo x
I ask this because some fool in a srt4 thinks because he put xx amount of dollars into his car and it can go fast in a straight line that he can instantly beat a evo on a road course....
Even the title says, Evo X vs SRT-4 at the TRACK

#21 · (Edited)
Need more info... But I know a SRT-4 guy with full boltons and a meth kit that could smoke most equivalent Xs on a road course. At the same time I know I know a guy with a SRT-4 with some boltons and a huge turbo thats 2x as fast as the first guy who couldn't beat a stock X (on a road course).

Well that depends on what he bought with "xx amount of dollars". If he fully upgraded his suspension, with a small turbo, meth kit and supporting bolt ons he might very well crush you (going by your later post). But if he's a crap driver then it doesn't really matter.

Go to the track and race him. Worst case scenario you lose. Then go fix your problems, then fix your cars problems then race him again. If not then why are you even modding your car?

#25 ·
Need more info... But I know a SRT-4 guy with full boltons and a meth kit that could smoke most equivalent Xs on a road course. At the same time I know I know a guy with a SRT-4 with some boltons and a huge turbo thats 2x as fast as the first guy who couldn't beat a stock X (on a road course).

Well that depends on what he bought with "xx amount of dollars". If he fully upgraded his suspension, with a small turbo, meth kit and supporting bolt ons he might very well crush you (going by your later post). But if he's a crap driver then it doesn't really matter.

Go to the track and race him. Worst case scenario you lose. Then go fix your problems, then fix your cars problems then race him again. If not then why are you even modding your car?
I appriciate the answers, ya il race him at a track, i have no idea what he has done i just heard he has alot of money into his car but i think it's just ment to go fast on a track. Im not worried about losing i just wanted to no what the fourm thought about it, Im modding my car starting with handling then power just trying to keep some of the warranty lol..

#24 ·
fASTrARE.

Put it this way. Me or TrackJunkie can do a few laps with you at Mosport or Shannonville, after a bit of coaching you can give anyone a run for their money.

both of us can pull off 1:37-38 laps at Mosport with stock turbos and decent tires :)

NEWB

#26 ·
THE NEWB

ya done lets do it i wanted to hit it last year with you guys just didnt have time.

#29 ·
Ya i was planning on doing that, just need driver mod first then build more power.

And LOL @ Fast and furious Quotes

#32 ·
There is this guy with a Neon SRT4 that attends the same track days as me. Hes got a TON more experience than I do, competes in rallies and AutoX as well. His SRT4 is fully gutted and caged, was making maybe 280whp at best.
Last season he beat me at every single timed event... at first by a good couple seconds, then by a couple tenths, and at the final time attack event, he got me by a hundreth of a second!
Ive never beaten him, but one of my goals will be to crush him this season :D Hes a good guy too, ive learned a good bit from doing the lead/follow thing with him. He doesnt stand a chance in the straights, but always manages to reel me in at the tighter turns.

#33 ·
SRT-4's are extremely fast and can easily be modded to produce a lot of horse power. The evo's biggest advantage would be in the corners where we can get on the gas earlier where as the fwd car has to wait to avoid BBQing the front tires off. Either way it doesn't matter how fast the car is, it's how you drive it.
It's better to spend your money on track fees/schools to learn how to properly drive rather then wasting money on power add ons. The Evo in stock form is amazing aroun a road course.

#35 ·
yeah the only really big time to worry is 1/4mile BIG turbo built srt4s. That can easily be a problem for an EVO but its my opinion to play to your strengths so I wouldn't personally build a 1/4 X in the first place.

#37 ·
True true.

#38 ·
Horsepower doesn't mean much in a road course. The most important mod on a road track? The driver. Learn how to drive and you can lap guys with 2x as much power as your own car.

On a road course it is more open so horsepower means a bit more but on an autocross track, Miatas run circles against Corvette Z06s and stock Civics kill Evos... All up to the person behind the wheel.

#40 ·
I see what you are trying to say but your slant is a bit off a stock civic with a great driver will beat a stock evo with a bad driver but with two equal drivers, no.

And hp absolutely matters on a road course by your standard why didnt the lower class cars at Sebring this year lap the higher class cars?

I can take my lightly modified X up to VIR and my gf's stock civic and I can drive them both against the clock and my time in the evo will be better. vs a miata maybe not. But a miata is not a civic and the ones (miatas) that run circles around anything are rarely stock.

None of us can win this argument. The end result is go race the guy. If you loose figure out why, fix it go back and win.

Its why we race.

#46 ·
So in other words its exactly what I said since "your friends" civic wasn't stock. And I could have a stock powered car but if it has $8k worth of suspension then yeah its gonna help.

So I stand by my comments.

#47 ·
I respect the fact that you obviously like autox but it does not define motorsport. I also understand that the driver is important but we all drive EvoXs here so we all know that this car will make a very crappy driver look amazing due to the tech in each car MR or GSR.

#52 ·
Agree with most that it depends on the driver. FWD platforms in the Redline TA are just as capable. Chris Rado has a beastly Scion, but I am trying to remember when was the last time I saw an SRT 4 won in a time attack? Does anyone recall?

#53 ·
No because it doesn't happen also don't see a lot of civics placing high either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.