Ralliart upgrade time - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > '09+ Lancer Ralliart > '09+ Ralliart Performance
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

'09+ Ralliart Performance General discussion for performance topics that are unique to the Lancer Ralliart. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:03 AM   #1
cmb70
n00b

Ralliart upgrade time

After a few years of owning my Ralliart and still being on a boost pill and GST OFS tune, I have pulled the trigger on some parts and am upgrading. Here is what I have ordered and will be ordering this week and what I am debating on ordering. The debate is where I need some solid advice.

Ordered:
MAP Investment Cast Manifold
Tomei open mouth downpipe
MHI 18K turbo

Ordering:
Kozmic Fuel Pump kit with Walboro 450 for e85
Driven Fab e85 kit
Driven Fab fuel line with filter
I.D. 1300s

Debating on ordering:
GSC Stage 2 Cams and valvesprings

I am looking to make a solid 400-460whp. Buy going with cams I am also looking at having to do a new timing chain and pay all the extra labor to do the cam and spring install which is around $1500 from what I was quoted by Mitsubishi. I could probably do the work myself but doing the springs on the car makes me nervous though I have read many people have done it. Is it worth paying all the extra money for the cams, springs, retainers, timing chain, oil pump chain, guides etc. just to reach the 460 mark? My car is a 2011 Ralliart with 63k miles on it. Its a daily driver and I am thinking 400 is very achievable without the cams etc.

What are everyone's thoughts on this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	21167421_1528498827216711_6405156710815236984_o.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	222.2 KB
ID:	276194  
cmb70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2018, 03:06 PM   #2
LeesEvoX
Forum Lackey

Did you just say a Mitsubishi dealer would install your cams? Dude fuck that. Lol.

If you have the extra cash though, why not? If it's what you want. Won't do anything but make mire power lol.

Bit the current stuff ordered should do 400whp all day no problem.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
2013 PB Evo X GSR- Kozmic Built 2.0l (stock Sleeves) Kelford 214-b cams/Brian Crower titanium springs & retainers/ Wiseco forged pistons/Manley TT forged Rods/ETS Tubular Manifold/ETS Intake W/ Custom 3.5" MAF/ETS 4" IC/ETS UICP/Synapse DV/ID2000's
and a GTX3576R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tuned by Kozmic @ 500awhp & 365tq (E85)
Blown Ringlands, Its what makes Subaru, a Subaru
LeesEvoX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2018, 12:57 AM   #3
cmb70
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeesEvoX View Post
Did you just say a Mitsubishi dealer would install your cams? Dude fuck that. Lol.

If you have the extra cash though, why not? If it's what you want. Won't do anything but make mire power lol.

Bit the current stuff ordered should do 400whp all day no problem.

I will not have Mitsubishi do them. No way no how. There is a local shop I am going to use that builds a lot of import race cars and have done some work on a couple of EVO X's.

Old 02-16-2018, 10:30 PM   #4
LeesEvoX
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb70 View Post
I will not have Mitsubishi do them. No way no how. There is a local shop I am going to use that builds a lot of import race cars and have done some work on a couple of EVO X's.
Ok. Where are you located? Tons of reputable evo shops on this forum from all across the country

2013 PB Evo X GSR- Kozmic Built 2.0l (stock Sleeves) Kelford 214-b cams/Brian Crower titanium springs & retainers/ Wiseco forged pistons/Manley TT forged Rods/ETS Tubular Manifold/ETS Intake W/ Custom 3.5" MAF/ETS 4" IC/ETS UICP/Synapse DV/ID2000's
and a GTX3576R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-18-2018, 03:54 PM   #5
cmb70
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeesEvoX View Post
Ok. Where are you located? Tons of reputable evo shops on this forum from all across the country

I am in Appleton Wisconsin. Closest shop is Boostin Performance and AMS in Chicago. There is a local performance shop here that builds a lot of BMW's, Honda's, Audi's and other platforms. They just put in a Dyno also and I am hoping to work with them on this soon. Just have to find some time to get there and talk with them. They have worked on a couple EVO X's also.
Old 02-18-2018, 06:25 PM   #6
LeesEvoX
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb70 View Post
I am in Appleton Wisconsin. Closest shop is Boostin Performance and AMS in Chicago. There is a local performance shop here that builds a lot of BMW's, Honda's, Audi's and other platforms. They just put in a Dyno also and I am hoping to work with them on this soon. Just have to find some time to get there and talk with them. They have worked on a couple EVO X's also.
If AMS isn't horribly out if reach. I would go there.

You don't really want to go to a shop that has done "a couple evo x" you want a shop that specializes in them. Even though they might do tons of BMW work, doesn't make them experts on the evo. Just my 2 cents.

and a GTX3576R

Old 03-01-2018, 04:48 PM   #7
SharkyPr
n00b

How about clutch packs?
SharkyPr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2018, 04:09 AM   #8
cmb70
n00b

Quote: