Can i install UICP and Intake without a tune? - Page 2 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Performance
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Performance General discussion for performance topics that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.
Sponsored by:

Old 07-11-2014, 05:59 AM   #11
kranahan
n00b

I'm looking to do this as well with my '14 GSR. Thinking of adding an ETS intake and UICP.

Could I get by using a Cobb AP and changing the MAF scaling table and load calculation tables to the ETS intake values in ATR? I know it's not ideal but it could work for an extended amount of time, right? At least until there's a tune involved. Am I thinking of it in the right way?

First time poster and avid evoxforums reader since joining. Thanks for all the great info on the site.

Last edited by kranahan; 07-11-2014 at 07:03 AM.
kranahan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2014, 10:44 AM   #12
UT_EvoX
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kranahan View Post
I'm looking to do this as well with my '14 GSR. Thinking of adding an ETS intake and UICP.

Could I get by using a Cobb AP and changing the MAF scaling table and load calculation tables to the ETS intake values in ATR? I know it's not ideal but it could work for an extended amount of time, right? At least until there's a tune involved. Am I thinking of it in the right way?

First time poster and avid evoxforums reader since joining. Thanks for all the great info on the site.
Your thoughts are correct but I would suggest multiplying the stock MAF curve by 1.025 for the ETS intake instead of using their published scaling. That will get you closer on the top end (which is more critical) at the sacrifice of the low end being a bit rich in places.

COBB's published MAF scalings need some work...

You'd be better off keeping the stock MAF scaling than to change to one with a leaner top end (lower g/sec values at high voltage).
UT_EvoX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2014, 06:33 PM   #13
kranahan
n00b

Thank you, UT_EvoX.

I just purchased an ETS intake that is currently en route. I already installed an ETS UICP.

Here's my plan.. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm still very new to this stuff.

Install the intake and multiply the stock MAF scaling table by 1.025 (UT_EvoX's suggestion) while changing the load calculation tables to the ETS intake values in ATR.

Does anyone else have input on the situation?

The plan is to safely operate (with these adjustments) and cause no harm to the car until I get all the necessary parts (exhaust, EBCS, etc.) for a pro tune. I'm looking at 6 months before I get all of the parts.

Does this work? Or is Cobb's calibration not safe for operation? I just want some consensus before I install the intake and drive the car on the daily.

Thank you.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:09 PM   #14
UT_EvoX
Banned

Just multiply the MAF scaling as I instructed. No need mess with the MAP calculation tables until you go for a complete tune.
UT_EvoX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2014, 10:28 PM   #15
kranahan
n00b

Just to clarify. I want to make sure.

Your MAF Scaling.

Stock MAP calculation tables. Not the ETS MAP calculation tables.

Thanks. Sorry for being a pain in the ass.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:01 AM   #16
probeski
n00b

I installed the AEM intake with stock MAF housing on a cat back TMR (ralliart) tuned MR and have been driving it for about a year. No problems that I know of, it gives a little more power up top in the higher revs I think compared to the works drop-in which was a little quicker down low.
probeski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2014, 08:14 AM   #17
evox_pb

the car will read different once different mods are installed. i got all of my mods installed a week before the tune. once i left Massimo Power i drove home like a grandpa and didn't drive the car until the following week on my way to get tuned. like you say there's people who say they've been running for many miles like that and others who say don't do it. personally i'd say wait til you're soon to be tuned and get the most performance out of the mods you install. after all we do want the most gains out of our parts while being safe.
evox_pb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2014, 08:22 PM   #18
nextlevel

The ETS intake uses stock size pipes and the stock maf, so you should be good. Those are fairly simple mods and these cars come tuned real rich from the dealer. That being said, I don,t think that the little extra air from an intake should not cause any problems. To be safe though, I would not push the car until you get a wideband in the car.
nextlevel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2014, 01:10 PM   #19
sevensign
n00b

anyone get to AEM CAI box connects to stock MAF housing?...so it wont mess up MAF scale etc etc...
sevensign is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2014, 11:19 PM   #20
GSRchris

Just don't go WOT too often until you get it properly tuned, even a cobb OTS won't even be sufficient.
GSRchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement