Still working on BS prep... - Page 3 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Racing > Auto-X
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Auto-X Discussion for autocross techniques, events and results.

Old 03-02-2014, 07:57 PM   #21
Turbo_love
Just Spooling Up

Regionally we used to have trouble with the WRX, because we were giving up 1.5 seconds to them in PAX. Maybe we'll get the PAX benefit against the C5, and I'm pretty sure there will be at least a couple of C5s show up in our group this season.

I'm going to add a Hotchkis FSB in a couple of weeks. Hopefully that will me out.
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2014, 10:40 PM   #22
MrAWD
Just Spooling Up

Is there any EVO 8 or 9 that is still stock legal??

If I manage to get shocks that I want to have, I would be more serious in my X this year, but that is still big if! I don't know why would older EVOs be better for this? Beside couple of hundred pounds being lighter, what else is in their favour?

As of AWD dominating class just because of street tires switch, that is yet to be proven. Main problem here is extra weight compare to all of the other cars in the class (I am talking 600 lb or more), and lack of traction will affect heavy cars a lot more than lighter cars, AWD or not. I am not saying that AWD shouldn't help when traction beomes limited, but I don't believe domination is the word I would use!

Fedja
  • camber: -1.9/-1.5 Front, -1.7/-1.6 Rear
  • toe: 0 all
  • RE71 275/35/18s: 34/28 F/R
  • Enkei PF01 silver: 18x8.5
  • Whiteline FSB full stiff, end links

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    doubles, external canisters
  • OEM replacement rotors:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  • Porterfield R4S - Carbotech AX6 were ON|OFF switch, squeled like pigs, and made lots of dust

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    adjustable front sway-bar brackets

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsor:

MrAWD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2014, 11:50 PM   #23
MrAWD
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_love View Post
Regionally we used to have trouble with the WRX, because we were giving up 1.5 seconds to them in PAX. Maybe we'll get the PAX benefit against the C5, and I'm pretty sure there will be at least a couple of C5s show up in our group this season.

I'm going to add a Hotchkis FSB in a couple of weeks. Hopefully that will me out.
From what I have seen in BS last few years, I dont think C5 will be the car to have! S2000 ap2 wll still be at the top, since they are pretty close to the CRs (less than 0.5 seconds slower on Hoosiers of the same size as CRs). Also, C4 with good suspension options will be hard to beat too. They can use much wider wheels compared to the C5s, so my bt is on them.

I am not sure I understand what kind of PAX difference will be for the cars in the same class that you mentioned above...

And, going to bigger FSB will be huge help for keeping front end in better position. I am running Whiteline at full stiff and left it on the same settings through thr winter here in New England without any probems.

Fedja

• Porterfield R4S - Carbotech AX6 were ON|OFF switch, squeled like pigs, and made lots of dust

Sponsor:

Old 03-04-2014, 08:29 PM   #24
Reysing
n00b

Hi Guys,

I came 2nd this year in my region behind an S2K in BS.

I managed to beat a couple of STI's other evos and a couple of S2Ks. My only mods on the car were an eibach rear ARB, a cosworth drop in filter, and forcing my front camber to almost 2.3 degs using the stock bolts. the 265's R comps on stock wheels helped too.

I managed to get my hands on a set of Bilsteins that are revalved for BS (more compression for stock springs) , but I changed plans and moved to STU this year. If anyone is interested PM ME.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11284045713_a072cf91bb_o.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	784.9 KB
ID:	149882   Click image for larger version

Name:	11283902255_bff23e03fc_o.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	913.8 KB
ID:	149890   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9571-X2.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	234.1 KB
ID:	149898  
Reysing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2014, 03:51 PM   #25
MrAWD
Just Spooling Up

Finally got my new tires - 275/35/18 RS3s! Mounted them couple of days ago and first event is at the end of the month! I was worried how well 275s will fit on stock sized rim, but they ended up better then I expected! More to come after the first test which depends on when the temps will climb up a bit.

Fedja

Sponsor:

Old 03-21-2014, 02:06 PM   #26
MrAWD
Just Spooling Up

I just posted these pictures elsewhere, but here is where they belong - 275 RS3s on stock sized rims:

Sponsor:

Old 03-21-2014, 02:33 PM   #27
zabes
[Local Team Member]

that's more square than i thought it would be

zabes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2014, 05:45 PM   #28
Reysing
n00b

watch out for rub on the stock strut. I had a bit of rub with 265s BFG R1's at max camber
Reysing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2014, 08:01 PM   #29
Z Madness
Just Spooling Up

5 mm spacers should suffice. Let us know how you do Mr AWD.
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2014, 08:05 PM   #30
Z Madness
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reysing View Post
Hi Guys,

I came 2nd this year in my region behind an S2K in BS.

I managed to beat a couple of STI's other evos and a couple of S2Ks. My only mods on the car were an eibach rear ARB, a cosworth drop in filter, and forcing my front camber to almost 2.3 degs using the stock bolts. the 265's R comps on stock wheels helped too.

I managed to get my hands on a set of Bilsteins that are revalved for BS (more compression for stock springs) , but I changed plans and moved to STU this year. If anyone is interested PM ME.
Good luck in STU. I ran that before I moved to SM. I still think the 245 restriction in STU is what makes it difficult to compete againts the lighter AWD cars (GD STi's). I was competitive within the class but after factoring in PAX, not good overall. But overall, it was a fun class competing with other AWD's (vs. chasing the S2K's in BS).
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement