SSP - Worlds First Official 11 second MR !! - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X News
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X News Official news on the Evo X to be posted here

Old 10-20-2010, 04:56 AM   #1
[email protected]
[Local Team Member]

Exclamation SSP - Worlds First Official 11 second MR !!

I'm very pleased to announce that a good friend, and South Side Performance sponsored Evo X MR has just officially broke into the 11's. The information is just coming in, and I will update the thread with pictures and videos asap. I do know that he was able to run back to back 11 second 1/4 mile passes, on a NHRA sanctioned drag strip.

The driver/owner/and builder, Nic Young (IndyEvo) will be posting up all the info on tonight's huge milestone.

Tuned by Kozmic27 (MDR Performance)

Best time: 11.851 @ 117.72

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by [email protected]; 10-20-2010 at 06:13 AM.
Jeremy@SSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2010, 05:17 AM   #2
IndyEvo
Deliverer of threads

excuse my sucky camera man...he drives a superchaged cobalt. lol but i'm glad he was there to record this monumental event!

on the second video i didn't get the shift off soon enough. i hit the rev limiter and fuel cut.

i want to first say thanks to all the people who made this possible. first and formost Kozmic27 for the world record tuning he did on my evo x MR. he is an amazing tuner and one of the coolest guys i have ever met. you would be amazed at how much time he spent hunched over a laptop in my passenger seat tuning my evo, 20+hours! dw 1500's where NOT fun to scale, but Kozmic owned those touchy bastards. i also want to say thanks to SSP and Jeremy Rohrs for all the great parts and all the help throughout my build. both of these guys bent over backwards for me. SSP's customer service is unparrelled and they have been just a phone call away whenever i needed them. without Kozmic and SSP this would have never happened.

i also want to spread some love to all the others who helped me out.

Darthvader
Kris Gagnon @ SSP
Dino LoDico @ SpeedCircuit
Sean @ DSG
Fathouse @ FatFab
Chris Black @ AMS
Adam @ MAP
Clipse3gt
Bradze
gunzo, tephra, Golden for all their hard ecu cracking work.

mod list:

SSP ProRed SST fluid, deep pan w/dipstick + temp bung, front mount trans cooler, inline filter, sway bar endlinks, billet coil cover
fp green w/18psi WGA p&ped and heat coated
AMS dp heat coated, intake, fuel rail, licp, fmic, fuel pump kit upgraded with a bosch 044 pump, afpr kit, engine mount, rear diff mount
p&ped and heat coated oem mani
Kelford 214 a
SpeedCircuit uicp
Synrchonic dv
Tomei ti cbe
Cp-e heat coated tp
Grimmspeed ebcs
Torque Soltions drive shaft bushings and exhaust hangers
zip-tied dipstick, best mod ever!

fuel: e70

this time was ran with my 10" wide wheels, my apr spoiler left on, on 12k/14k coilovers, lots of -camber, car is full weight, full interior, all airbags in place, stock rev limiter, stock clutches. not exactly a drag race package but it works. this was the first time out. just got done tuning the car at 5am this morning! the car has more and so does the turbo. this was e70, bring on the e85! it will get faster. on my second best run i ran a 11.994 @ 117.12. during this run i did not get the shift off into 3rd at all, banged the rev limiter and hit fuel cut. i was out of the groove every time, i was to busy watching my afr and tack. like i said we just got done tuning this morning and this was the first good tank of e70 after swapping from 93.

tuning was an adventure to say the least. another epic "deliverer of threads" thread. long story short, pulled over for going 106mph in a 45 doing a 4th gear pull, hand cuffed then let go with a 75 in a 45 ticket. i call this a win. things really got crazy when the cop opened my door and saw my pistol in the door, GUN he yelled and the other cop drew down on Kozmic and yelled put down the laptop and put up your hands. haha good times. true story. so we decided to call it quites for the night. next morning drove to the next county over. pulled over to flash and my silly ass reached up and turn off the ignition in the middle of the flash. bricked my ecu. 6 hours, 2 trips to fryes, and some jumper wire building later we had it working again. by this time it was 5pm monday night. Kozmic had to be at the airport by 6am the next morning so we tuned all night!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	engine_bay_dv_2 003.JPG
Views:	634
Size:	2.51 MB
ID:	18304   Click image for larger version

Name:	engine_bay_dv 002.JPG
Views:	485
Size:	2.55 MB
ID:	18305   Click image for larger version

Name:	engine_bay_dv 003.JPG
Views:	426
Size:	2.38 MB
ID:	18306   Click image for larger version

Name:	engine_bay_dv 004.JPG
Views:	388
Size:	2.01 MB
ID:	18307  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by IndyEvo; 10-21-2010 at 10:18 PM.
IndyEvo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2010, 05:23 AM   #3
Mr.X
[Local Team Member]

sexy numbers, keep us informed guys!

EMPIRE EVOLUTION

SPONSORED BY:

SPEEDCIRCUIT
MODERN AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE
RICKERMAN TUNING

Mr.X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 05:32 AM   #4
sheeley91
[Local Team Member]

I hope we got some video coming!!!!!1
sheeley91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2010, 05:34 AM   #5
[email protected]
[Local Team Member]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheeley91 View Post
I hope we got some video coming!!!!!1
Lol, we do. Indy and I are just experiencing some technical difficulties at the moment. I should have time slips and video's posted shortly.....either that or my computer is going out the window.

Old 10-20-2010, 05:37 AM   #6
sheeley91
[Local Team Member]

i thought this would be appropriate LOL
Old 10-20-2010, 05:39 AM   #7
sheeley91
[Local Team Member]

Indy could you also put a list of mods up, i just decided to ask now becouse we all knew it was coming
Old 10-20-2010, 05:55 AM   #8
[email protected]
[Local Team Member]

Pics added to OP....more coming later today.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:27 AM   #9
razorlab

Congrats Indy.
razorlab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2010, 07:20 AM   #10
[email protected]
[Local Team Member]

Indy will update his post with a mod list but for now this is what I can remember at 3:30 a.m.

Kozmic27 Tuned (MDR Performance)
FP Green
E-85
SSP Pro Red trans fluid
SSP Deep pan with d/s
SSP Front mount transmission cooler

Sponsored Links
Advertisement