Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's been an interesting road...

Since last time I posted I was on a stock turbo and made 291/285 on CBRD's dyno. I stockpiled a bunch of parts and a year later I went back to CBRD to have them do the install and tune. It made 376/300 on 93, with the GTX3576R. Fast forward another year, stockpiled more parts and decided it was time to upgrade the transmission and change a few parts around. My transmission showed wear at 50k miles. I went with SSP Stage 2 (sidewinder 600tq) kit. Along with that I added a SSP heated sump, and a AMS transmission cooler. I figured it would be a great all around setup. I went to Moore since I have heard great things about them installing clutch packs and tuning with the SST. They were very helpful and overall I am very satisfied.

2008 MR

ATP GTX3576R
MAP Cast Investment Manifold
Id1000's
DW65C
Pierburg 3 port EBCS
Tail QRJ
AMS downpipe
MAP test pipe
Invidia N1 exhaust
Moore 3.5 intake
MAP UICP
Sheepey 3 inch intercooler
CFM breather cap
Mishimoto V oil cooler
Speed Circuit firewall heat shield

Drivetrain:
SSP Stage 2 sidewinder kit
SSP heated sump
AMS transmission cooler
OEM fluid
Speed Circuit A.S.S

Wheels:
Advan RG-D 18x10.5 on 265/35/18 NT555

Suspension: Stock at the moment

Attachments

·
Registered
678 Posts
Nice numbers man!

Im looking to put that same turbo on my 08 MR =)

Good choice!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I appreciate it. The turbo is great and if tuned good, it can make some respectable numbers and spool pretty good. Moore helped me out and work with me pretty good. I'm not knocking CBRD, it's just they really don't do clutch pack installs. Both are really great shops!

I would have perfected 93 octane, but since I'm moving to Hawaii, I was told that there highest octane was 92, hence why I had it tuned.

Once I move away from Hawaii, if I have this car still, I plan on doing a sleeved bottom end, TMP cams, upgraded fuel system, and possibly a Gen 2 supercore swap or go EFR (8374). Will have to see where my funds are at that time...

Overall, I'd like to see 550+ dynojet on pump gas, or low 11's in the quarter before I start doing some auto x, or track racing. It's my daily, nothing really crazy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spool is pretty good. I get full spool between 3800-4K. It obviously a little laggier compared to stock. I would say you get the turbo sensation right past the 3500 mark where it starts to pull you. And it pulls all the way to redline and it doesn't really fall flat. It feels pretty responsive. It does surge just a little, but it doesn't really hinder any type of nonaligned driving of going WOT. Most of the surging can be tuned out if you have a good tuner.

Stock block is good as long as you keep the tq lower than about 380 on pump gas, and 400 on e85. Don't quote me on that, but that's what I've been reading and seeing..I'm no expert lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well my personal best is so far is [email protected] with a 2.0 60ft on the previous 93 tune. The temp outside was 76 degrees. With the upgraded clutch packs and 92 tune, I was getting consistent 12.7'[email protected] with a 2.2 60ft with no warning messeges/slow down messeges. The weather was about 86 degrees. Both times were launching. For whatever reason, I couldn't get my 60ft better, so my time is what it is.

Once I bump up the power, I could see 11's in my future. Some people have less power than me and still run 11's, but my car hates me I guess. Lol

The track is at atco raceway or englishtown in New Jersey, and I believe the altitude is nearly 0ft at both locations. Track prep is pretty good as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well my personal best is so far is [email protected] with a 2.0 60ft on the previous 93 tune. The temp outside was 76 degrees. With the upgraded clutch packs and 92 tune, I was getting consistent 12.7'[email protected] with a 2.2 60ft with no warning messeges/slow down messeges. The weather was about 86 degrees. Both times were launching. For whatever reason, I couldn't get my 60ft better, so my time is what it is.

Once I bump up the power, I could see 11's in my future. Some people have less power than me and still run 11's, but my car hates me I guess. Lol

The track is at atco raceway or englishtown in New Jersey, and I believe the altitude is nearly 0ft at both locations. Track prep is pretty good as well.
Very nice, I used to go to Atco and Etown all the time with my Mustang. I lived 5 min away from Etown so it was a quick drive. You definitely have a lot left in it, but from what I hear it's hard to get an MR to 60. I saw a post somewhere where they have some type of launch control so that you can leave with boost off the line, that would help quite a bit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah it's the spark cut patch. Many people have had great success with it, however, I want to protect the bottom end as much as possible. It hasn't really been tested long term yet. In my opionon, something like that could possibly cause damage, or long term stress. I would consider that after a built bottom end.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts