Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! My name is Will Castro, I just wanted to make this announcement and ask a few questions. My dream is to take my 2015 Evo X GSR to 1 million miles. (Yes this is a long story, but I'm not here to tell my life story. bear with me) I am only 15, but it has been my goal for the past 4 years. Long story short, my dad made me a deal where if he doesn't have to pay for my college (military academy for example) then he will get me an Evo. I am going to daily drive it (obviously) and it will be my only car. I am planning ahead for my parts list, I need it to last 1 million miles. Obviously I will have to replace many things along the way but I would like to start out of the gate with the highest quality parts and performance. I won't be taking it to the track, and I won't be racing it, at most I will take it to some car meets and drift it occasionally. Right now my part list is as follows:

Enkei rpf1
Ams stx500 package
Bride seats with Takata straps
Stock steering wheel
New brakes
kw variant v3 coilovers
Roll cage (frame bars, I would like to keep the back seat available for passengers)
No exterior mods, except a ceramic coating around the paint to keep it looking as good as possible for a long time
Short shifter kit
New audio system (daily driver want to have as good audio as possible)
New block?

This is the part list so far, I want to keep as many things stock as possible for reliability. I'm not sure about the ams stx500 package, it comes with everything like a new exhaust, intercooler, etc but I don't know how it will affect the reliability. I don't know much about tuning or anything, I only know how to replace parts and put new parts in.I've done about as much research as I can, based on the information I already know. Hopefully some of you on here are more seasoned (and actually own an evo lol) and can help me out. If any of the parts seem stupid or I need to change anything, please let me know. That's what I'm here for is recommendations of parts and how I can go about getting my evo to 1 million miles. I will be on this site frequently, and will be keeping all of you updated in the future on my 1 million mile project. Thank you all so much!

p.s., this is what I want the interior of my evo to look like
View attachment 288391

·
Super Moderator
501 Posts
If you are going to try and “make a million miles”, leave it all stock besides maybe a catback exhaust or something. Do maintenance early and often.
Stuff like wheels and tires and brakes, short shifter, and audio stuff is fine, but if you are really going to try and make an Evo last that long, which won’t happen most likely, leave it close to stock as possible.

And don’t try to “drift it occasionally”.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Give up on that dream cause it won't make it to a 1mil. It's turbo charged and more then likely your gonna thrash on the car. If not then why get a evo. Try to get to 200,000.

·
Registered
108 Posts
You can try buying stock car from auction with low miles for parts to keep in your garage for any parts you going to need down the road...you newer know what and when is going to break...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Best of luck.

Keep her stock.

It's not unheard of to see Evo 8-9 with just over 200,000 miles but I haven't seen anyone approaching 300,000 yet. It's not going to be as easy as a 90's Toyota/Honda.

Two rules that every Evo idiot doesn't learn for a long time:
1. Aftermarket parts installed by us are almost NEVER better than untouched OEM pieces installed by the factory.
2. OEM pieces installed by the factory really aren't great anyway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think I have the 4b11t(Ralliart ) with more miles in the world I'm the 🤴 put some respect in my name never
Vehicle Speedometer Car Motor vehicle Gauge

·
Super Moderator
501 Posts
261K is a ton of miles. What all have you had to replace? How much work on the SST, I'm sure its been replaced once?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts