Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 new tires are coming out to compete with the Conti Extreme Contact DW. as you can see the tread patterns are all very similar.

Continental Extreme Contact DW - 340 UTQG AA A

Falken FK453 - 300 UTQG AA-A

This will be the new flagship tire that replace the popular 452 tire.

The AZENIS FK453 is the latest generation of Falken’ steadfast ultra high performance tire, available in a wide array of diameters, from 17-inch to 22-inch, along with staggered widths, making this tire versatile, resourceful
dynamic, and powerful.

In addition, FK453 features the latest developments in noise-absorption technology, and incorporates a high silica compound that presents bette
dry and wet grip. The multiple nylon-reinforced layer allow for better high-speed stability, an important asset based on the driver’s exacting demands.

A NEW SILICA COMPOUND
New “NUR-Spec” design and improved rubber compound
The AZENIS FK453 was developed on the world’s most challenging race circuit, the Nürburgring Nordschleife, and features a particularly warp-resistant casing construction. The “NUR-Spec” design incorporates an additional, nylon-reinforced cover ply, which further improves high-speed stability. This construction is complemented by a rounder shape of the tyre shoulder, optimising pressure deployment on the tread area. In contrast to the previous FK452 model dry handling has been improved by 25 percent – and handling on wet surfaces even by 30 percent. In combination with enhanced braking performance – 8-percent reduction of braking distance on wet surface over FK452 – the FK453 provides the utmost in driving safety, particularly for lane changes and high-speed turns. The increased silica proportion in the newly developed “NUR-Spec” rubber compound of the AZENIS FK453 results in stronger interaction with the road surface.

SPECIAL “FALKEN FEATURE” F-ARROW IDENTITY
brand new sidewall that enhances the overall look of the tire

THREE WIDE CIRCUMFERENTIAL GROOVES
effectively evacuate water and significantly improve
hydroplaning resistance for outstanding wet handling

MULTIPLE NYLON REINFORCED LAYERS
designed for better high speed stability, plus new optimized
casing profile offers better contact with the road for increased
handling, particularly in the area of lane change maneuvers

ASYMMETRIC TREAD DESIGN
with large outside shoulder blocks, provide enhanced
cornering and better braking traction while reducing tire noise

Toyo T1 Sport - 240 UTQG AA-A

These tires are replacements to the popular T1-R

The Proxes T1 Sport is a premium UHP summer tire that delivers increased control and precision for true balance in both wet and dry handling.

State-of-the-art construction and design make this tire a perfect fit for sports sedans and coupes. Improvements over the Toyo Proxes T1R include better high speed stability, precise steering response, improved braking performance and high cornering power at high speed.

Asymmetric Tread: Outside

Wider and more even contact pressure resulting in better cornering performance.

Asymmetric Tread: Inside

Wide grooves and rigid rib-based design enhance braking performance and help to prevent hydroplaning.

High stiffness sidewall and high hardness bead filler

Quicker and more linear steering response as compared to Proxes T1R.

Wide profile design

Improves contact pressure distribution for better cornering and braking performance as compared to Proxes T1R.

I currently own the Continental Extreme Contact DW's and i like the traction they have i really dont like the soft sidewall even with 40+ lbs in each tire the steering response is a bit dull.

I'm hoping the T1 -Sports or Falken FK453 will be a better tire.

I plan to order either one next week.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I went with the toyo t1 sports. I hope they have a better sidewall treen my old conti dw's

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
126 Posts
Wow, so the Conti DW's also have a softer sidewall similar to the DWS's? The DWS's are what I'm running now as my winter setup. I wouldn't want my summer tires to be that soft. I guess I'd rule out the DW's to replace my stockers when the time comes.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yes they grip really well, its just you lose a lot of steering feel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.