Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Tokyo Motor Show: Do the Evolution, Mitsubishi’s Rally Star Live From Tokyo

"Though we’re sure that almost all loyal WINDING ROAD readers caught the sinful details when they first debuted, we knew it wouldn’t be the 2007 Tokyo Motor Show without a little Evolution X action.
Even thought this one’s been out of the bag for a while, it was awfully hard to chase the fervent Mitsu fans away from (or in some cases out of) the new Evo long enough to get a clean shot. Proof positive that the tenth Evolution is the sexist to date.
Enjoy the Mitsubishi hotness, live and direct from the Tokyo Motor Show."

http://news.windingroad.com/countri...ution-mitsubishis-rally-star-live-from-tokyo/

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And its rival...
Tokyo Motor Show: 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI

"You’ve already seen live shots of the 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X, so it’s only fair to put up the live shots of the WRX STI right away to prevent any Subie fans from claiming we have a favorite.
There were tons and tons of sneak previews of the 2008 WRX STI, but nothing compares to seeing the new car in the flesh. It doesn’t quite look breathtaking in silver, but we think a black car trimmed out with gold rims and some aftermarket taillights could look pretty sweet."

http://news.windingroad.com/body-st...tokyo-motor-show-2008-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti/

·
Resident Narcoleptic
1,696 Posts
I'm sorry but if it really comes with suspension that high or tires that small something is really wrong.

Wheel gap MUST be less than tire sidewall height or it just looks all unbalanced.

Is that a three point strut tower brace I see? yum

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HMMM.
Look the interior shot of the BLACK. The one with the hood up. It has the Padde shifter(SST). Now look the the Black exterior photo. The one with GSR wheels(Enkei).
I thought the SST comes with BBS wheels.
Same car OR could there be two Black cars in the show?

·
Registered
46 Posts
HMMM.
Look the interior shot of the BLACK. The one with the hood up. It has the Padde shifter(SST). Now look the the Black exterior photo. The one with GSR wheels(Enkei).
I thought the SST comes with BBS wheels.
Same car OR could there be two Black cars in the show?
remember though, it's jdm...the japanese packaging is different than the usdm packaging will be...in japan you can get a gsr with sst...in fact, mitsu japan's website has sst as an option on all the gsr packages...the premium gsr package in japan is basically what our MR technoloy package is going to be...but the gsr premium can still be 5sp with bbs wheels, leather recaros, hid's, navi, suspension and brake upgrades...so it's probably a gsr high performance package with sst...

·
Resident Narcoleptic
1,696 Posts
I think the STi looks better. :(

I know, I know..
It just doesn't look like a whale that is getting ready to feed on some plankton.
you look like a whale.

I see what you mean though, with the mouth looking like it is ready to suck up some stuff, but that's good, since that's where the intercooler is :)

The STi looks like someone regurgitated a corolla and then tacked on a poorly-planned widebody kit.

The interior is even blah, though a massive quality improvement over the former Imprezas.

The Evo is WAY more upscale than the STi, they definitely won't have identical customer bases like the current model. Looking at these production model photos and then the photos of the STi, the STi looks like a child's toy.

·
Administrator
24,306 Posts
you look like a whale.

I see what you mean though, with the mouth looking like it is ready to suck up some stuff, but that's good, since that's where the intercooler is :)

The STi looks like someone regurgitated a corolla and then tacked on a poorly-planned widebody kit.

The interior is even blah, though a massive quality improvement over the former Imprezas.

The Evo is WAY more upscale than the STi, they definitely won't have identical customer bases like the current model. Looking at these production model photos and then the photos of the STi, the STi looks like a child's toy.

Overall, I agree, but I must say that the fit and finish of the STi interior is definitely nicer than the evos.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.