·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello 2008 Evo gsr owners, i have a few questions for you guys
1. mileage of car
2. any problems with Differential Pins?
3. any mods done to the car

basically im looking on how widespread the Differential Pins issue is considering a 100k mile 2008 evo GSR and only concern i have right now is the Differential Pins

Thanks

·
Registered
269 Posts
I don't understand why there are so many spam messages here..

But I forgot about the diff pins having some issues in the 2008's. I never had an issue. But I also only had like 50k miles when I sold it. I haven't seen many people have issues with them in a long time.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Cheshire Cynic

I bought my '08 GSR at about 91k miles, diff blew up around 93.5k... Very disappointing, very expensive, and very hard work to pull the tranny and transfer case and send them off to Jack's for a rebuild, but it drives friggin' great now! Jack's tech said that it looked like a previous owner had done a lot of racing, though, so it had been beat on pretty hard before I got it. Finding an Evo that hasn't been hooned is nearly impossible, of course, but once the upgrade is done by Jack's (Shep's can do it as well, AFAIK), it should be relatively indestructible.
When I bought it, mine had an intake, exhaust, and tune - nothing else that I know of. During the rebuild, I put in Whiteline sway bars and end links as well, and did a bunch of personalization/aesthetic customization - not too fancy yet, but we've got big plans!

Good luck, and enjoy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts