Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New to the board and I wanted to say thank you for allowing me access.

I own a 2008 EVO X that has slight modifications to it. Today I was installing Defi Gauges and had to reinstall the ignition fuse back to the block where I accidently touch ground. I seen a slight spark between the metal dashboard frame and the tool. Now the car will not start, the radio won't turn on, the Dash board lights won't come on, the windows don't work but I have head lights, dome lights, the center information screen, hazards work but don't show up inside the car. I checked the important fuses and they all looked good. I put a ohm meter to the ignition fuse and got continuity. I think it must be a relay but not sure which one i should focus on. I checked a few but with no results. Has anyone else had this crazy issue and can give me direction where I should look? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am coming up with the ETACS ECU needs replace from reading the electrical schematics. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I would suggest grabbing a test light and start checking all the fuses, under hood and under the dash. Fuses can look good even when they're blown. Hopefully you didn't get an expensive lesson in disconnecting the battery before doing anything electrical on a car!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I would really recommend doing what Splattj said and check all the fuses and relays. Every single one. It will take a little while but you will probably find the problem. I'm thinking it popped some kind of fuse.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I just finish up checking each fuse. Lots of them didn't have power to them then I came across one that had power to one side so I pulled it and checked for continuity which failed. Replaced that individual fuse and the car started right up. I was surprise all the other fuses are tapped off that one source. I want to thank you for your help, if it wasn't for your inputs I would have start putting ecu into the car which would be costly. Thank you again...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts