Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the turbo kit put on my Evo X recently. This is a stock block, stock head, stock cams setup.

Mods:
ETS 5858 V-Band .82 A/R Turbo kit
ETS 4" Turbo Kit intake and 3.5" MAF Housing
ETS 3.5 intercooler kit
ETS race test pipe
ETS quiet exhaust
FIC 1100cc injectors
Kozmic Motorsports walbro 255 fuel pump kit
Kozmic Motorsports 10 disc clutch upgrade
Kozmic Motorsports valve body upgrades
Kozmic Motorsports catch can kit

92 Octane Pump Gas - Timing kept low for a safe....er tune.

- Robert

·
Registered
188 Posts
Finally got the turbo kit put on my Evo X recently. This is a stock block, stock head, stock cams setup.

92 Octane Pump Gas - Timing kept low for a safe....er tune.

- Robert
Michael, what gear was used for the MR dyno tune? Fourth or fifth?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Can you speculate what hp/tq a 5-speed would give with this setup? Also, how much would Kelford B cams add?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Typically its 8-10% lost through the auto. So, it would have been about 485/365 without cams. If it had kelford Bs or GSC s2s it would probably be around 500-520.

- Robert

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is where Aaron left it. It was a 90 degree day and I imagine there dyno room was hotter. So on a cold day it actually makes about 27-28PSI.

for reference the car traps 120MPH in the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Michael, does your 5858 have the stainless steel (SS) housing? Are there any cracking problems with the SS housings?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It just has the mild steel housing. I had it coated and haven't had any issues with cracking. I don't think I have ever had a customer complain about a cracking housing either.

- Robert

·
Registered
188 Posts
I just confirmed with AMS that their 750XP (PT 5858) turbo-kit uses a stainless steel housing, so cracking of the housing shouldn't be a problem (as reported on these forums) with this kit.

Is their any reason why the 750XP turbo-kit shouldn't make the same power (438 awhp using 92 Octane) on an MR?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Michael, the reason for all these questions is that I'm trying to decide between the PT 5858 and the EFR 8734 turbo kits. I'd like to make 450 awhp (DJ), but 438 awhp is pretty close. At what rpm did you reach your maximum power of 438.88 hp?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It makes peak power right at 8,000 RPM. I know with a set of cams this setup will make the 450WHP mark. The cams I think are holding it back a lot.

- Robert

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Car has done multiple 11.9s @ 122. Its deadly consistent. It needs a little SST tuning to get the clutches to lock up faster. That was doing 2.0 60 fts.

If I upgraded the turbo I might try a 6266 Gen 2 OR I'd give an 8374 EFR a go but I would do it T4 Twin Scroll if I went with either of those turbos.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow

That is an awesome MPH on pump gas Michael.

I am sure it is fun to drive.

No need to tune it on e85 at least on the stock engine. It is making great power.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Finally got a set of GSC S2s and GSC springs with titanium retainers. The cams are absolutely gorgeous. The billet goodness is like something I want to put on display but I think they are more useful in the engine. I picked up about 60WHP with just the S2s over stock cams. Weather was about the same for both dynos oddly enough. about 80degrees in the dyno room.

- Robert

1 - 20 of 26 Posts