Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The "International Engine of the Year Award" is a big deal as far as bragging rights go in this industry. Think of it like the Academy Awards for engines. However, instead of members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences voting, you have 62 renowned motoring journalists, from 30 countries, casting ballots for their favorite fossil fuel burner.

Last year's winner (pictured above) was BMW's twin-turbo 3.0-liter inline-6. This year's list of nominees includes Nissan's 3.8-liter twin-turbo V6 (found in the Nissan GT-R), Mitsubishi' 2.0-liter twin-turbo I4 (Mitsubishi EVO X), Audi's 5.2-liter V10 (Audi S8), Chevrolet's 6.2-liter supercharged V8 (Corvette ZR1), and BMW's 4.0-liter V8 (BMW M3). Let's sit back and listen to the orchestra for a bit... the winners don't get announced until May 7, at Engine Expo 2008, in Stuttgart, Germany.
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/17/2008-international-engine-of-the-year-award-nominees-announced/#comments

hehe twin turbo i4 LOL...

Anyways, I doubt the 4b11t will win, bmw always wins :ghey::ghey::ghey: :bowlol:

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha i doubt the evo engine will win, I can't believe is even nominated, don't get me wrong i think it has mad potential, but how many times has the 4g63 won?
I think it is pretty amazing that the 4B11T is mentioned along with the N54TT, VK38TT, ZR1 engine...etc!

·
Registered
949 Posts
I think it is pretty amazing that the 4B11T is mentioned along with the N54TT, VK38TT, ZR1 engine...etc!
:+1: No kidding man. Mitsu really has a knack for creating the most power efficient motors on the market though.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Jackygor Its VR38DETT VK is the V8 engine series. The GT-R's engines is a derivative from the R390s V8 (just minus two cyclinders and increased .2L) I'm a nissan buff before I was "corrupted" LOL

I think the 4B11 Twin turbo will lose. since it doesnt exists LOL

Seriously though I think the 4B11T has a good chance of winning. The work and research and innovative engineering put into that engine is phenominal especially when compared to its 4G63 predecessor. They managed to make it more fuel effeceint and more powerful and dare I say more power hungry then the 4G.

It truly is a wonderful piece.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Win!

Jackygor Its VR38DETT VK is the V8 engine series. The GT-R's engines is a derivative from the R390s V8 (just minus two cyclinders and increased .2L) I'm a nissan buff before I was "corrupted" LOL

I think the 4B11 Twin turbo will lose. since it doesnt exists LOL

Seriously though I think the 4B11T has a good chance of winning. The work and research and innovative engineering put into that engine is phenominal especially when compared to its 4G63 predecessor. They managed to make it more fuel effeceint and more powerful and dare I say more power hungry then the 4G.

It truly is a wonderful piece.
I would love to see this motor win. For its small displacement, the punch it packs is killer. With that being said, I wouldn't rule it out. Guess time will tell. The fact that it's in the running is great. And is it the smallest displacement listed here?! Nice!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.