Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

So figured I'd start this up now as We're going to start preparing everything this weekend and hoping that next weekend I'll be in deep to the install.

Setup:
RA Turbo
RA Manifold
Evo X FMIC
Evo X Injectors
Evo X stock Cams
RA Turbo back exhaust with custom downpipe
Redtop Optima Battery located in rear
O2 Wideband
Ported TB
Oil Cooler
Tactrix 2.0 Cable and ECU flash

There is a lot more in this project but that's the bulk of it. I've got spare oil pan with oil bung being welded on and feed lines and oil cooler lines as well.

I've attached a few pics that I took just showing what I've picked up and what my car looks like now

Here is link to his site www.dynotuneracing.com

Stay tuned as I'll make sure to post plenty of pictures and info as I go along with this project.
I'll be doing a Dyno run of the car as it is now with just intake to see how the upgrades compare to what I spend!

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
I hope that you also have intake, 3-bar MAP sensor, IAT sensor, BOV, 1 step colder spark plugs and boost controller.
In order to run CEL free you will need Evo X ECU or aftermarket fuel injection system like AEM FIC. Otherwise your MIVEC will be disabled.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Lix,
I have intake and BOV. Need to source the Map sensor and IAT.

Cheers

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well after some Delay due to Personal matters, this is up and running again. Before turbo goes in, I'm rebuilding my spare engine to use and lowering compression. Motor is being dropped of to the shop on Friday. Once it's rebuilt and all components installed, car will be dropped off and swap will be done!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Engine will be back from shop by end of next week.
Block honed, head freshened up, crank cut and polished, added Evo X springs and tappets.
Evo X cams being installed and thicker cosworth head gasket being used.

Hopefully car will be in the shop soon to do the swap.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Engine is back from shop and looks great. Here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Lix, Thanks for the insight also on the other things I need to have my build parts completed.
Will be updating as build moves forward! Slow and steady lol...

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Is there a particular reason you are doing this? Why not to sell your car and pick up a rebuilt or damaged Evo/RA and fix it for the same price, while having a factory-boosted vehicle?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is there a particular reason you are doing this? Why not to sell your car and pick up a rebuilt or damaged Evo/RA and fix it for the same price, while having a factory-boosted vehicle?
Well... For starters my car isn't worth much as I've got a lot of KM(Miles) on it. I had the spare engine with a spun crank bearing so when I spoke to shop it wasn't out of the park with the price.
Picked up the Turbo parts for $1K so I might not have an Evo X but I'll be smiling when I'm boosting.
Cheers

·
Registered
307 Posts
You always hear these guys at car meets saying, "yea, im gunna boost my base model [insert car here] (lancer, impreza, mazda3, ect...)..."

You, unlike all those ass hats, are doing it right. Props to ya man. Hope to see some power numbers soon!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Mortose,

I know I won't be making Evo numbers and yes anyone can say it's a waste but it's my waste and if I get burned then I'm ok with it! haha... but I can promise that the guy who is doing the work knows his stuff and is one of the best tuner guys in all of Toronto!
I'll post as things keep moving forward.

·
[Playstation fanatic]
2,666 Posts
Well... For starters my car isn't worth much as I've got a lot of KM(Miles) on it. I had the spare engine with a spun crank bearing so when I spoke to shop it wasn't out of the park with the price.
Picked up the Turbo parts for $1K so I might not have an Evo X but I'll be smiling when I'm boosting.
Cheers
Makes sense, looking forward to see her complete.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Guys,
So wanted some opinions on this.
I've got a RA muffler system that I'm planning on installing but I'm not a huge fan of it.
I'm looking to go with this instead! Let me know what you think, will I be doing better with Dual Muffler over single? I prefer the look of the dual tip on one side...
Just wanted to get some feed back on the options I have.
Here is what I'm thinking to buy.
https://www.rtmracing.com/xcart/product.php?productid=18850&cat=469&page=1
You can see the RA muffler in the pictures at beginning of the thread.

Cheers

·
Registered
82 Posts
I would go with a single tip muffler like I did on my turbo Lancer.
Lighter than big RA/Evo rear muffler and no diversion from 1 to 2 pipes, thus more free flowing design and quicker gases escape.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Now I see, you are not blowing money left and right, you had the means and you are doing it right. I respect your choice :)

I would vote for dual muffler that you linked. Primarily because dual tip would be smaller in diameter allowing less noise. One thing I learned about this car is, noise != exhaust sound.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Guys,
I have decided to go with the single side dual tip muffler. My mechanic said that he's installed that one on a few cars and it sounds really deep and throaty! I think it looks cleaner also. I don't have the RA rear bumper so the RA muffler might look odd...
Engine will be assembled with all Turbo components and cams etc. this week and once done, I'll be dropping off car to have the install started.
Will update with pics as I get them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Lix,
Did you relocate your battery to the rear? I've seen a lancer boosted and he didn't relocate his battery? Just wanted to know how your set up was done.
Thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
No, it's not necessary to relocate the battery, there is enough room for intake.

My setup was with Evo X turbo @ 11 psi, compression reduction with Cosworth 1.3mm head gasket, ARP head studs, water cooled oil cooler, full 2.5" TBE, etc.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Lix,
I'm using the Ralliart Turbo setup also with a Cosworth 1.3mm gasket.
Hoping to keep battery there so I don't have to run battery to the rear!
Cheers

1 - 20 of 48 Posts