Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Battery in RA is on the same location, so I don't see an issue keeping it there. Just have to use a RA intake.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
:D Got my new set of RA calipers yesterday with all new Pads and Rotors... Can't wait to install them.
Decided to get new rear calipers also just to start fresh!
Will post pictures and showing the install also in case anyone is interested in doing it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Started cleaning up new RA calipers do that they will have a smooth finish when painted.
Here are some pics of the larger caliper being polish prepped to paint.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Here's a little tease of the RA Calipers painted and ready to install. Need to finish other side and rears.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well.. Haven't been on for a while as it's been crazy!
Went to install the RA Calipers and unfortunately they didn't work! Not sure why as I've seen others have them installed. I couldn't use existing brackets as caliper bolts are bigger. and the RA brackets don't align up with mounting points. I returned them and installed new pads and rotors so I'll follow up on this later on when thing settle down.

Car is now at the shop and engine is out and new rebuilt engine is assembled and going in. I did a dyno pull with my stock engine. check it out @isaquenunes80 it's all being done @dynotuneracing and hoping to have it back next week

Stock is a 2.0L 4B11 with intake and that's it. She made 131WHP lol...

Here's what's going in

2.0L stock internals all new seals and rings.
Valve job
Cosworth headgaskets
Evo X cams
Evo X injectors
Evo X FMIX
Evo X fuel pump
RA Turbo/Manifold
3" Turbo back exhaust straight pipe

I'm sure there's lots more but I'm multitasking while writing this. Uploading pictures to post also.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
So Engine is almost ready to go in and finish last part of the build and start tuning!
Here are some more pics!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thanks Lix,
I ended up using a RA intake manifold and TB as it made install easier and looks really nice. @ 10PSI it I hit hard into 3rd the tires just light up!:evillaugh:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks Lix,
I ended up using a RA intake manifold and TB as it made install easier and looks really nice. @ 10PSI it I hit hard into 3rd the tires just light up!:evillaugh:
Ah.. it's normal - winter time :) Get wider tires for the summer ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Fiberglass hood installed!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
How's the transmission and driveline holding up to double the power?
Transmission is fine. Not having any issues. 1500KM on the motor already and man it's worth every penny!:shades:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Figured I'd follow up with an update of how the engine is holding up and what parts I ended up using! Parts:
Setup:
RA Turbo

RA Manifold
RA BOV
RA Air intake and snorkel to Turbo (odd shape so get the stock snorkel)
Evo X FMIC - Stock IC piping
Evo X Injectors
Evo X stock Cams
Evo X Cam Springs
Cosworth Headgasket
3" Turbo Back SS exhaust with single side dual tip
NTK Wideband
RA Intake Manifold and Throttle Body (Need to small custom inserts for fuel rail)
3bar MAP sensor.
Manual boost controller
Wastegate Solenoids from Evo X Circuit 1&2 to eliminate error codes (Needs to be tapped into wiring harness)
Intake Temp Sensor to clear error code (Needs to be tapped into wiring harness)
DSM 1G polyurethane motor mounts
Tactrix 2.0 Cable and ECU flash (After getting Evo X ECU Vin to my car, I realized that it might be possible to use the stock ECU. I will do some tests in next few weeks to confirm this.)
I had the Evo X fuel pump but the stock one supplied enough fuel for this boost!
So this list compiles the bulk of the parts... Obviously you need to do the oil feed lines and tap into the oil pan but if you aren't aware of this then turbo build might still be far away.
If done right, I'm confident that your build will last! I'm at almost 2k on the build and no issues at all...
Tuned to 10PSI and it really feels strong. I'll keep coming back every so often to update if she's blown up or not! LOL...
Cheers

·
Registered
82 Posts
Stock ECU won't clear P0365, so don't bother yourself and do a X ECU swap with VIN rewrite.
Wastegate solenoids are not needed, you can easily disable both of them in the ROM.

I hope that IAT2 sensor is actually connected to LICP, not just tapped into the wiring harness.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Stock ECU won't clear P0365, so don't bother yourself and do a X ECU swap with VIN rewrite.
Wastegate solenoids are not needed, you can easily disable both of them in the ROM.

I hope that IAT2 sensor is actually connected to LICP, not just tapped into the wiring harness.
Hey Lix,
I do have an Evo X ECU and it's working fine. But my mechanic has been playing with stock ECU to make it work and he is pretty confident that with an X rom flash it'll work.
I'll update this when it's tried!

We've tried disabling the Wastegate solenoids and nothing happened so I've already got the solenoids and will be installed to eliminate code.

IAT2 sensor is connected to my RA intake manifold and this will be wired to ECU and connected. Why do you say it has to be connected to the LICP?

Cheers
Isaque.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey Lix,
I do have an Evo X ECU and it's working fine. But my mechanic has been playing with stock ECU to make it work and he is pretty confident that with an X rom flash it'll work.
I'll update this when it's tried!

We've tried disabling the Wastegate solenoids and nothing happened so I've already got the solenoids and will be installed to eliminate code.

IAT2 sensor is connected to my RA intake manifold and this will be wired to ECU and connected. Why do you say it has to be connected to the LICP?

Cheers
Isaque.
X ROM flashed to your stock ECU won't fix P0365. Has been tried many times...

I can disable both solenoids if you want to send me the ROM. Done it before, so can look at yours.

RA manifold is fine, I did it on LICP because was using stock plastic manifold.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts