Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MR + Tech is >40K w/o TTL, ouch!
You mus be happy.Hire in Europ MR+Technology Package 54K EUR-85K USD:mad:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here is the catch. Most of the ppl that can afford this car (MR) are the kind of ppl that demand higher standards from a vehicle, these are the people who buy BMW, ACURA, and Lexus. I cant see them switching from these brands over to an MR EVO. The ppl who cant afford the MR EVO are the people who really want to get in one.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Here is the catch. Most of the ppl that can afford this car (MR) are the kind of ppl that demand higher standards from a vehicle, these are the people who buy BMW, ACURA, and Lexus. I cant see them switching from these brands over to an MR EVO. The ppl who cant afford the MR EVO are the people who really want to get in one.
I don't think Mitsubishi want exactly sway luxury car buyers to get the MR. They want to expand the MR moniker to the people who are upgrading from their 10-20k cars to 30-40k cars. Evo X MR is by no means a luxury car , it is just a trim of the Evo X that offers a bit of luxury, so I personally can not see waves and waves of MB and BMW drivers putting deposits on the Evo X MR, which I don't think is Mitsubishi's intent anyways. It is good that the niche market for evo is small, so I can feel different when I drive the Evo on the street. :thumbup:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I wasn't sayin it to be an as*hole... but it's not as bad as people think. People are tryin to make it seem like the car isn't worth it. Truth be told the price is only 500 more then I expected and just over 1000 want people seem to have wanted. People who spend there time comparing these cars price wise don't really know what they want... and hope the car they choose will fit there budget. If your paying MSRP when Socalmitsu already said he's gonna cut prices then then your making a poor choice, right? As far as I can tell the 08 MR is only about 1500 more then the 06 MR, for all the other stuff your getting in it I think thats a pretty good deal. Not to mention the weal dollar probably plays some small part in it...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, the one good thing about it is that when you do get one, there wont be 10 other evos driving down the road with you. There is something nice about being different. I want one and I can afford it as well, but there are other factors that come into play especially when the scale seems loop sided. The thing that is going to make it hard for me is my wife, when she sees the price of an MR, she is going to ask too many questions - not a good thing lol.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well, the one good thing about it is that when you do get one, there wont be 10 other evos driving down the road with you. There is something nice about being different. I want one and I can afford it as well, but there are other factors that come into play especially when the scale seems loop sided. The thing that is going to make it hard for me is my wife, when she sees the price of an MR, she is going to ask too many questions - not a good thing lol.
word, more exclusivity, less ricers driving them which is good. Although i wish they gave tad more for the money

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.