Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 JDM GSR. I have this issue with the breaks when I slam the peddle and when it goes to the ABS range, the driver side wheel locks up and the car gets dragged for long distance. I can’t feel ABS working. But brakes work fine in non-abs range. Although this is the case the computer doesn’t show any error or warnings. My mechanic says it’s to do with a faulty pump but he’s also not sure. If it’s to do with the pump, doesn’t it throw a warning? Last week this happened and I crashed into another vehicle but thankfully minor damage.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have a 2009 JDM GSR. I have this issue with the breaks when I slam the peddle and when it goes to the ABS range, the driver side wheel locks up and the car gets dragged for long distance. I can’t feel ABS working. But brakes work fine in non-abs range. Although this is the case the computer doesn’t show any error or warnings. My mechanic says it’s to do with a faulty pump but he’s also not sure. If it’s to do with the pump, doesn’t it throw a warning? Last week this happened and I crashed into another vehicle but thankfully minor damage.
Its not always the pump. I was once in an accident(z28 not the evo) due to abs failure and it was tracked back to a bad wheel sensor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts